Expired

Please help, what is a "Value with a Valid extension"?

9 replies
Found 12th Jun 2013
I'm trying to send a proof of purchase receipt (samsung cashback) using the online form but it says please enter a value with a valid extension and I don't know how to do this.
I have scanned the receipt to my pc.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

The document will have to be a certain type. The extension is the last 3 letters (or sometimes 4) at the end of the document name

Here's a list of likely acceptable formats:

.pdf = PDF document
.doc = Word Document
.docx = Word 07+ doc
.jpg = picture
.tif = picture

Original Poster

Thankyou, all I have at the end of the extension is bmp and i'm not sure how to convert (if I can even do that) the scan image to any of the the above.

Try right-clicking on the bmp file and click edit.
This will hopefully open up Paint. There you will be able to go to File > Save As and select another format like JPG.

(this is assuming you're using Windows?)

Banned

cath1510

Thankyou, all I have at the end of the extension is bmp and i'm not … Thankyou, all I have at the end of the extension is bmp and i'm not sure how to convert (if I can even do that) the scan image to any of the the above.

just rename the filetype to jpg

csiman

just rename the filetype to jpg

That won't work. While it'll look like a jpg in windows, it'll still be an underlying bmp file and fail to open as no conversion will have taken place.

Original Poster

Thankyou so much BeerDrinker, it worked! and I actually managed to follow the how to instructions you gave (i'm really rubbish with computers and all the technical jargon).

Original Poster

And thankyou csiman

cath1510

And thankyou csiman

Glad you got it sorted

Banned

BeerDrinker

That won't work. While it'll look like a jpg in windows, it'll still be … That won't work. While it'll look like a jpg in windows, it'll still be an underlying bmp file and fail to open as no conversion will have taken place.

it does work

just tried it and picasa, word, paint and photoshop all opened it fine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564064
    2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25113
    3. UBER can be a waste of money1222
    4. Leicester sack their manager!710

See more discussions