Groups

Please help what to write in a card

Banned
    Got a close friend who is really down ATM. I'm thinking of sendin a card to cheer her up but I'm not good at writing things to cheer her up. Please guys could you help me write something which will make her smile/cheer her up

Cheers all

41 Comments

Just write something from the heart .

What you write will depend on why she is down and other circumstances, tell her what she wants to her, i.e a solution to her recent low. If you got the time get her a card from moonpig or funky pigeon, personalize it. If this doesn't work tell her to FIX UP NAH MAN!

Banned

Cheer up you miserable cow, there are children starving with a less depressed looking face.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Your miserable effing face
    Is bringing me down too

Send her some nudez............sounds like she needs a laugh.

Original Poster Banned

she is sad because her parents keep making her get a full time job or she needs to work in the t/a 24/7

If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies.

bben220

she is sad because her parents keep making her get a full time job or she … she is sad because her parents keep making her get a full time job or she needs to work in the t/a 24/7

She's sad that she has discovered what being an adult is about?

Send her a card saying 'Welcome to Life........sort yourself out!!'

Everyone who is not in full time education should have a full time job!

Original Poster Banned

have decided to write funny things like jokes, silly facts which will hopefully make her smile at least. anyone got any silly jokes etc

bben220

she is sad because her parents keep making her get a full time job or she … she is sad because her parents keep making her get a full time job or she needs to work in the t/a 24/7

Can't see this winning much sympathy tbh

Original Poster Banned

there are other things as well which are making her sad, not just the job

So I assume some folks here have some knowledge about your friend. Assuming I am wrong and they're joking, personally I would just send her some flowers with a swift 'thinking of you' note or give her a huge bar of chocolate or a bottle of her favourite wine and just tell her you're thinking of her. Simple is best.

what's the t/a? Territorial Army?

Banned

bben220

have decided to write funny things like jokes, silly facts which will … have decided to write funny things like jokes, silly facts which will hopefully make her smile at least. anyone got any silly jokes etc

Yeah,her.

Original Poster Banned

ty banana79 for your suggestion. only problem i have is i would have to send through the post as i live quite far from her.

joesmum

what's the t/a? Territorial Army?

same question here mate.

Original Poster Banned

DangerGod

Yeah,her.

if you cant help me please keep quiet

Original Poster Banned

t/a = take away

Banned

bben220

ty banana79 for your suggestion. only problem i have is i would have to … ty banana79 for your suggestion. only problem i have is i would have to send through the post as i live quite far from her.

Is she JUST a friend? Why not just email her?

Or are you wanting to make a good impression,wanting a relationship or sex etc..?

Mod & Ed

send her a bunch of flowers - online places like bunches or flying flowers will allow you to add a personal message, and costs start @ around £10, they deliver them by 1st class post

I heard that you were sad today
    so lets try and chase those blues away

we can wrap them up and say goodbye
    tie them to a balloon and see them fly

we can squash them up in a box
    and secure that box with lots and lots of locks

I really don't want to see you blue
    so anything to help i'll do for you

we can frighten the blues with a big fat smile
    see those duldrums run a mile

the thing sadness likes least of all
    is being kicked far away like a ball

so come on friend, dont be glum
    p.s so & so (

dj would probably do better though

Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 21st Jun 2011

Try this on the front of the card

http://www.fuel-my-motivation.com/image-files/employee-modays.gif

And this inside the card

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/9/10/b9752e11-65d7-40fe-b544-06bd651357ae.jpg

And this on the back

http://blogs.webtrends.com/files/2010/12/specialreports_2edb.alan-sugar-you-are-fired.jpg
    Edited by: "simplex" 21st Jun 2011

Te

bben220

have decided to write funny things like jokes, silly facts which will … have decided to write funny things like jokes, silly facts which will hopefully make her smile at least. anyone got any silly jokes etc

If I received a card out of the blue from someone that had jokes or funny facts inside, I would think they were weird and I would avoid them like the plague. I would try something else.

Dear Friend,

Cheer Up,

Lots of Love bben220 x

/thread.

Original Poster Banned

solarforce

TeIf I received a card out of the blue from someone that had jokes or … TeIf I received a card out of the blue from someone that had jokes or funny facts inside, I would think they were weird and I would avoid them like the plague. I would try something else.

thank u for ur input but your not my friend so you wouldnt know if she would like or not.

Try sellotaping a razorblade to the inside of the card, always good for a laugh!

Your down in the dumps,
    It's a matter of fact,
    You need to cheer up,
    You miserable t**t...
    Edited by: "ChrisUK" 21st Jun 2011

Lol @ takeaway!

benny boy, she just a friend,or you wanting more than that?

Im assuming you're a male.

second Q: is she asian?

3rd question:you asian?

I have dabbled in the asian market so might be of assistance.......LOL
    Edited by: "EN1GMA" 21st Jun 2011

EN1GMA

benny boy, she just a friend,or you wanting more than that?Im assuming … benny boy, she just a friend,or you wanting more than that?Im assuming you're a male.second Q: is she asian?3rd question:you asian?I have dabbled in the asian market so might be of assistance.......LOL

wtf!

Along with the pictures, this inside the card

I hope your well, I hope your good,
    writing this is hard but so is my wood
    I know what i write is really really daft,
    I hope you smiled and i hope you laughed
    when you saw my skill and saw my craft
    I hope to convince you to ride on my lovely love shaft.

Yours Hopefully BIGBEN 220mm

wow op's going to need cheering up after you lot have done hahaha

Wihad and michelleemoo's suggestions are fab, bunches.co.uk do gorgeous flowers with free chocs. Laso and 'tulip' for 10% off! A lady will always appreciate that, and ignore all th numpty on here trying to get a cheap laugh. I'm sure a lot of them can acheive that at home with a mirror.

Best wishes.

X.

How old are you op?

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983

How old are you op?

what has age got to do with this?

bben220

what has age got to do with this?

incase you're a 50 year old writing a card to your 'friend' who is 13.

this site doesn't offer grooming tips.
    Edited by: "numptyj" 21st Jun 2011

numptyj

incase you're a 50 year old writing a card to your 'friend' who is … incase you're a 50 year old writing a card to your 'friend' who is 13.this site doesnt offer grooming tips.

classic!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Banned

numptyj

incase you're a 50 year old writing a card to your 'friend' who is … incase you're a 50 year old writing a card to your 'friend' who is 13.this site doesn't offer grooming tips.

There once was an old man on misc
    Who thought he would take a risk
    He asked for advice
    On how to be nice
    Now the cops have seized his hard disk

Seriously though OP, if you don't know what to write, keep it simple. She'll just be happy to know you're thinking of her.

As some above have alread stated....... Give her a K I S S

Keep
    It
    Stupidly
    Simple

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27147
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972452
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!811
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846350

See more discussions