Please help! Why can't I sign on to ebay?? x x

Hi guys, for some reason ebays not letting me sign on......this has happened to me in the past but can't remember wot I had to do to sort it. When I put in my password and click 'sign me in' it just asks me for my password again.......the password IS definitely right and like I said it has happened b4 - I think I had to contact ebay b4 but was wondering if I need to do anything with thos cookie things or anything lol

Any help would be much appreciated x x

24 Comments

silly question hannah - you havent got caps on/off?

theres no probs as i am on

edited - ssorry hon - never read your post properly 1st time

why dont you try changing your password

Try deleting browsing history,cookies and temporary internet files,

I can sign in so its not down, just so you know x

Original Poster

holly100;5634478

silly question hannah - you havent got caps on/off?theres no probs as i … silly question hannah - you havent got caps on/off?theres no probs as i am onedited - ssorry hon - never read your post properly 1st timewhy dont you try changing your password

Thanks hun, I'm pretty sure that's wot I did b4.....clicked on change password but actually kept it as the same.....just wondered if there was anything else I needed to do to stop it happening and so I don't have to wait for an activation email........May just do this again it not tho...thanks again x x

tonyg1962;5634480

Try deleting browsing history,cookies and temporary internet files,

I don't know how too:oops:

RuthIess;5634496

I can sign in so its not down, just so you know x

Tools, Internet Options, General - look half way down the window to delete history.

Firefox: Tools, Options, Clear Now

Go to
Tools
Intenet options
browsing history
delete
delete cookies
temporary internet files
and browsing history ,

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5634538

Tools, Internet Options, General - look half way down the window to … Tools, Internet Options, General - look half way down the window to delete history.Firefox: Tools, Options, Clear Now

tonyg1962;5634539

Go to Tools Intenet optionsbrowsing historydeletedelete cookiestemporary … Go to Tools Intenet optionsbrowsing historydeletedelete cookiestemporary internet filesand browsing history ,

Thanks guys, will try now:thumbsup:

Banned

just press CTRL and F5 on the signon screen to refresh page properly.

saves losing ALL your signed in sessions and history when you do the above options.

Original Poster

Just tried but no hasn't done anything:-( But hey, I've learnt something new today.......and so early too:-D
Will just re do password again I think
Thanks all for help...will leave rep soon x

hannah19790;5634572

Just tried but no hasn't done anything:-( But hey, I've learnt something … Just tried but no hasn't done anything:-( But hey, I've learnt something new today.......and so early too:-DWill just re do password again I thinkThanks all for help...will leave rep soon x

Do you have an auto password function on your browser? I use this, but for some reason it fails to work sometimes regardless what browser I use. Once I restart the computer it works, so I'm supposing that the fault is with Windows itself rather than the brower(s). Might help if all else fails.

Banned

hannah19790;5634572

Just tried but no hasn't done anything:-( But hey, I've learnt something … Just tried but no hasn't done anything:-( But hey, I've learnt something new today.......and so early too:-DWill just re do password again I thinkThanks all for help...will leave rep soon x

did you try ctrl and F5?

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5634586

Do you have an auto password function on your browser? I use this, but … Do you have an auto password function on your browser? I use this, but for some reason it fails to work sometimes regardless what browser I use. Once I restart the computer it works, so I'm supposing that the fault is with Windows itself rather than the brower(s). Might help if all else fails.

Thanks Pred..........but I haven't a clue lol, I'm soo useless with computers :oops:

I'll see wot happens when I change Password........might be back if it don;t work tho:lol:

Original Poster

csiman;5634643

did you try ctrl and F5?

Sorry hun yes I did, but still no luck....:-(

Banned

hannah19790;5634659

Sorry hun yes I did, but still no luck....:-(

and you've tried a re-boot since all the above ?

have you another pc you could try it on?

Original Poster

csiman;5634675

and you've tried a re-boot since all the above ?

erm.....no:oops: was I meant to?? lol

Oh, well I'll have to do that tonight now as off to school, wot a pain...........thanks hun x x

Original Poster

raptorcigs;5634686

have you another pc you could try it on?

Yes I have, and haven't tried that but, I can;t use that one anyway as can't do my photo's etc on it.....worth seeing if it works tho, thanks hun :thumbsup:

hannah19790;5634696

Yes I have, and haven't tried that but, I can;t use that one anyway as … Yes I have, and haven't tried that but, I can;t use that one anyway as can't do my photo's etc on it.....worth seeing if it works tho, thanks hun :thumbsup:

if its the same on the other pc theres a possibility your ebay account is compromised

Thread extension:) - Hi Rappy!

I had this prob a while ago - Somebody had hacked into my account from somewhere and they were trying to 'sell' a load of fake handbags using my account. Ebay had spotted the activity and took the items off and suspended my account, thus blocking my attempts to sign in with my password.

I didn't find out until I tried to sign in. Ebay don't email you or anything to tell you in case the hackers have got into your email account as well. They sent me a new passowrd.

I'm not saying this is what's happened to you Hannah so I don't want to startle or worry you, but the circumstances just sound similar.

This happens to me all the time with Ebay sign in....Last night infact.
Have to restart my computor.

Banned

my mum is having similar problems she clears cookies and lets her in again but she cant list....

keeps having to clear history every time then it gets stuck again

Original Poster

Thanks peeps, soz been out all day today......but I did set a new password b4 I went and have just noticed it seemed to have done the trick...really appreciate all ur help:thumbsup:

:)xxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1627
    2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2663
    3. word survey912
    4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions