Expired

Please help :(...Xbox One network issues

Editor 22
Found 15th Sep 2017
Can anybody help me? PLEASE

I can't seem to connect my Xbox One to the internet. I have literally tried EVERYTHING (apart from the obvious easy fix somebody is bound to mention). I've cleared the Xbox alternative Mac address, rebooted my Sky router and I've even disconnected any WiFi extenders in the house in case they're conflicting in some way...NADDA. Still not working.

I will point out that I have a holiday home that I take the X1 to frequently where I use a 4G device to tether internet to the Xbox (so I can get my Rainbow Six Siege fix). And I've noticed on return sometimes that the Xbox One has issues connecting until I do clear the alternative Mac address.

The Xbox One is just telling me it can't connect to the internet and occasionally with throw up an error about not connecting to the DCHP server. Nothing has changed on my home network and everything else internet reliant is working as intended.

Any ideas? TIA
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Silly question but have you tried connecting using wired connection instead of wireless?
Original Poster Editor
mixmixi45 s ago

Silly question but have you tried connecting using wired connection …Silly question but have you tried connecting using wired connection instead of wireless?

Ah, sorry. Yes mate I meant to mention. I usually use it wired via home plugs, but the issues are happening wired and wireless
mixmixi1 m ago

Silly question but have you tried connecting using wired connection …Silly question but have you tried connecting using wired connection instead of wireless?

Get ready we going to have a busy weekend
BuzzDuraband4 m ago

Ah, sorry. Yes mate I meant to mention. I usually use it wired via home …Ah, sorry. Yes mate I meant to mention. I usually use it wired via home plugs, but the issues are happening wired and wireless

Oh sorry to hear that. How long have you had the console for, may I ask? If you have tried literally everything, then it could be a faulty wifi board which is an easy fix:

ifixit.com/Gui…779
Edited by: "mixmixi" 15th Sep 2017
Original Poster Editor
mixmixi1 m ago

Oh sorry to hear that. How long have you had the console for, may I ask? …Oh sorry to hear that. How long have you had the console for, may I ask? If you have tried literally everything, then it could be a faulty wifi board which is a an easy fix: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+One+Wi-Fi+Board+Replacement/36779

Yeah, it's still within it's warranty period, it's the Storm Grey S console. I purchased it in December last year. I just hope it doesn't lead to that. Fingers crossed
vassy13 m ago

Get ready we going to have a busy weekend

Don't say it here! I cannot imagine being online without having Buzz on the list showing busy playing R6...
Original Poster Editor
mixmixi1 m ago

Don't say it here! I cannot imagine being online without having Buzz on …Don't say it here! I cannot imagine being online without having Buzz on the list showing busy playing R6...

Well, this is the saddening part. Grab your tissues.

I hadn't been on for around a week previously. I thought I better show my face as a Year Two pass owner with the new operators.....NO CONNECTION
BuzzDuraband4 m ago

Well, this is the saddening part. Grab your tissues. I hadn't been on … Well, this is the saddening part. Grab your tissues. I hadn't been on for around a week previously. I thought I better show my face as a Year Two pass owner with the new operators.....NO CONNECTION

I can imagine how sad it could be .... I didn't turn on my X1 since vassy left for holiday too. I think I just did it once to download the GwG games and that was it... Gaming with no internet or friends is bland...
Connect using a static ip to rule out DHCP as being the problem.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 15th Sep 2017
Original Poster Editor
4Real20161 m ago

Connect using a static ip to rule out DHCP.

Thanks, I changed the settings to a static IP last night and inserted all the gateway address and what have you. It just removed the DCHP error with cannot connect to the internet
Are you getting the one x or that minecraft one. You can wait no?
Original Poster Editor
puddles99993 m ago

Are you getting the one x or that minecraft one. You can wait no?

I’d rather put pins in my eyes, mate. So I’ll stick with the X
BuzzDuraband1 m ago

I’d rather put pins in my eyes, mate. So I’ll stick with the X

Nice did you get the minecraft one or was it cancelled
Original Poster Editor
puddles999959 s ago

Nice did you get the minecraft one or was it cancelled

I didn’t order it bud. I’d have been out on my ear
Have you tried tethering to your phone since the problem started? At least that would narrow it to a local network issue or and XBox issue.
Hi Buzz, I mate of mine had, by the sounds of it, the same issue. I said to him I thought it was the WiFi that was knackered but he got the xbox help guys on a chat window on his laptop and they helped sort him out. I think it included removing his profile and re-adding it back in again but I'd get on to them as I'm sure they'll be able to help.
I had this issue but mine was caused by being in the xbox programme where you get the new updates early and one screwed up my wifi. I did remove my profile and peform a soft reset so you do not lose anything and that helped which is what xboxden was getting at but if you are unsure how to do that google it or speak to chat
Original Poster Editor
Ar460rn6 h, 25 m ago

Have you tried tethering to your phone since the problem started? At least …Have you tried tethering to your phone since the problem started? At least that would narrow it to a local network issue or and XBox issue.

I haven't actually, but it's definitely something I should try. Thank you, I will do that tonight

xboxden5 h, 0 m ago

Hi Buzz, I mate of mine had, by the sounds of it, the same issue. I said …Hi Buzz, I mate of mine had, by the sounds of it, the same issue. I said to him I thought it was the WiFi that was knackered but he got the xbox help guys on a chat window on his laptop and they helped sort him out. I think it included removing his profile and re-adding it back in again but I'd get on to them as I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Thanks mate, if all else fails, I will get in touch with them and see what I can do. It's doing my nut in to be honest, I keep trying, it keeps failing. I unplugged the router for a couple of hours this morning but unfortunately, same happened

afc4eva1 h, 0 m ago

I had this issue but mine was caused by being in the xbox programme where …I had this issue but mine was caused by being in the xbox programme where you get the new updates early and one screwed up my wifi. I did remove my profile and peform a soft reset so you do not lose anything and that helped which is what xboxden was getting at but if you are unsure how to do that google it or speak to chat

That kind of makes sense. I joined the Insider Programme around 4 weeks ago, I'm not sure if I've received updates from it as I'm in ring number 4, but I suppose I could have got something minor without knowing?
xboxden8 h, 15 m ago

Hi Buzz, I mate of mine had, by the sounds of it, the same issue. I said …Hi Buzz, I mate of mine had, by the sounds of it, the same issue. I said to him I thought it was the WiFi that was knackered but he got the xbox help guys on a chat window on his laptop and they helped sort him out. I think it included removing his profile and re-adding it back in again but I'd get on to them as I'm sure they'll be able to help.

This is what solved my issues when it happened to me.
I left the insider programme after my issues and reloaded the previous console update to stop my issues. Here is how to leave (if you want to) and after you have left you can go back to the old version before the update. hope this helps and you get it sorted as it drove me insane.

To stop participating in the program on that console, launch the Xbox Insider Hub app and go to Settings > Manage Devices. From there, you can unenroll any console registered to you. Note Unenrollment can take up to 72 hours to complete, during which time you may still receive console, game, or app updates hope you get it sorted.
Edited by: "afc4eva" 16th Sep 2017
Original Poster Editor
Well I have tried everything. I’ve reset both the console and the router to factory default. I’m still getting the same

32001937-Re2hP.jpg
Original Poster Editor
Problem solved, not sure how but it’s working wired. Thank you everybody for your suggestions. You’re all superstars
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants