Groups
    EXPIRED

PLEASE HELP!!!! Xiaomi redmi note 3 s stuck on the mi.com start up screen

Hi, I have just had the phone for about 2 months and this morning it was fine then I wanted to use it so I tried to make the screen come on and it wouldn't so I think I long pressed the power key and when that wasn't doing anything I pressed the power and volume key. Now it is stuck on the mi.com start up page going on and off so it would vibrate as if it was coming back on but then it would go back and display the mi.com logo.I have tried charging it and it doesn't make a difference. it was initially taking me to a page to test the lights, but not anymore.

I am not very technical at all so I really don't know what to do to fix it. I have tried google but I don't have a clue with all the things on there. Please I desperately need to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

26 Comments

Press “Power + Volume Down” for about 10 seconds. Then your phone should power up.

Had so many issues with that phone...have you tried updating it?
    Edited by: "mystogan12" 25th Oct 2016

Let us know what happens when you do that ^

Original Poster

dmvadd

Press “Power + Volume Down” for about 10 seconds. Then your phone should p … Press “Power + Volume Down” for about 10 seconds. Then your phone should power up.

That brings up the fastboot icon and then it vibrates and goes back to mi.com on and off again as if it's about to come on but it doesn't.

Original Poster

mystogan12

Had so many issues with that phone...have you tried updating it?

Mine has been great till now.

Might not be related but mine auto update to version 8 which came out a few days ago, phone was stuck on the mi logo for about 25 mins. Phone turned itself off then back on. I was very worried something was wrong as at one point the screen went black and buttons did nothing so I back away and never touched it, as that could mess it up I though. I figured leave for a few hours. However it sorted itself out soon after and phone is fantastic. Took around 30 - 40 mins to finish update

Original Poster

wayners

Might not be related but mine auto update to version 8 which came out a … Might not be related but mine auto update to version 8 which came out a few days ago, phone was stuck on the mi logo for about 25 mins. Phone turned itself off then back on. I was very worried something was wrong as at one point the screen went black and buttons did nothing so I back away and never touched it, as that could mess it up I though. I figured leave for a few hours. However it sorted itself out soon after and phone is fantastic. Took around 30 - 40 mins to finish update

I had te same issue when I updated about 2 weeks ago, but this is different.

Is your bootloader unlocked?

Have a look at xda developers forum and post question there.. Hope you sort out

It sounds like it has corrupted the ROM; you need to go to the MI forums and download a fresh copy of the ROM and follow the options on how to recover the phone.

There are SEVERAL different ways, so pick one and stick with it, the different versions arent mix and match with the different ROM recovery files.

Also make sure you get the "GLOBAL" ROM, or you will end up with a phone in Chinese.

Original Poster

Qrunch

Is your bootloader unlocked?

I dnt know what that is ai bout one with a global rom

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

It sounds like it has corrupted the ROM; you need to go to the MI forums … It sounds like it has corrupted the ROM; you need to go to the MI forums and download a fresh copy of the ROM and follow the options on how to recover the phone.There are SEVERAL different ways, so pick one and stick with it, the different versions arent mix and match with the different ROM recovery files.Also make sure you get the "GLOBAL" ROM, or you will end up with a phone in Chinese.

Oh my gosh (bursts into tears) I haven't got a clue where to start. Seen some instructions on google and they are all over my head.

Look on xda at very least you can put a rom on via fast boot.

Original Poster

Update - so now the phone is coming on but will only work if plugged in and the battery power is showing -2%.

Original Poster

Does anyone know if I can take this to a local phone shop? Or anyone in the Birmingham area who can help for a small token please get in touch cos I'm at my wits end with this now. Thanks

Leave it on charge overnight and see if that helps?

Original Poster

I did that last night - no luck. Its just stuck on -2% and when i take the charger it goes off so its just not charging.

I have tried doing a factory re-set but that didn't help.

bepurple

I did that last night - no luck. Its just stuck on -2% and when i take … I did that last night - no luck. Its just stuck on -2% and when i take the charger it goes off so its just not charging.I have tried doing a factory re-set but that didn't help.

Just thought I would add... ​Are you using the supplied charger? Some older USB chargers are a lower amp rating and don't push out enough power to get things going when phone is flat. 1.8amp or more might get you going if you leave for half hour or more. The phone may want to turn on when plugged in. May want to light screen to and the juice you are supplying is barely enough so it's stuck. Won't charge.. I have had this problem myself. Find a 2amp tablet charger or similar and don't try to turn on for 30 mins after plugging in.

Okay, first thing, is it the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or the Note 3 Pro? Because they're completely different when we're talking about ROM's.

And, what's the status of the phone at the minute? Does it turn on? And what did you actually do with the phone? What ROM you tried to install? And did you unlock the bootloader?

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix this if it is what I think.

Original Poster

It's a Note 3 Pro.

Are the moment it comes on only when plugged to the charger and the batter status is -2%. Not sure think I pressed the power and volume. Not sure if I unlocked the bootloader cos I don't know what that is. Not installed anything on it cos the instructions are too technical for me.

Original Poster

So sorry to bother you all......I have tried all your advice and i still cant figure it out. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I have been up all night and I am nowhere near close to being able to flash the ROM (and my head really hurts).

I would really appreciate the help of anyone in Birmingham and its surroundings. I am really desperate ......PLEASE HELP.

did u try holding menu key volume up at boot. clear dalvic cache and cache. if you have a memory card inserted try removing that. if you still are struggling get a Xiaomi Chinese ROM and install it via fast boot. then install Eu after that.

bepurple

So sorry to bother you all......I have tried all your advice and i still … So sorry to bother you all......I have tried all your advice and i still cant figure it out. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I have been up all night and I am nowhere near close to being able to flash the ROM (and my head really hurts).I would really appreciate the help of anyone in Birmingham and its surroundings. I am really desperate ......PLEASE HELP.

Don't suppose you ever got this sorted my redmi note 3 has decided to do exactly the same today

Original Poster

little_green

Don't suppose you ever got this sorted my redmi note 3 has decided to do … Don't suppose you ever got this sorted my redmi note 3 has decided to do exactly the same today

Sorry to hear that. I went to numerous phone shops and eventually found one who took my phone. He said my phone had water damage......don't know how water got in it but I was just relieved it was working again.

little_green

Don't suppose you ever got this sorted my redmi note 3 has decided to do … Don't suppose you ever got this sorted my redmi note 3 has decided to do exactly the same today

Can probably just reflash it in EDL mode, although you may lose your stuff.

Hi, I am facing similar issue. I am aware that my phone has some water issues as water passed into my bag where I kept phone during the rain.
    Beepurple, Can you please tell me what issue was reported by the shopkeeper?

Also please tell me is there any way to stop it from restarting? may be something like force shut down?

Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions