Groups

please help......not clued up on comps

so i took advantage of mike T's dell laptop deal. all good. it doesnt come with an OPTICAL DVD DRIVE..ok whatever... i dunno. i just need something basic that will run cds....i have asked on there but its full of clever people discussing clever things...so im kinda embarrased t ask again! so if anyone will take pity on me and explain why i cant just get an external CD drive...why do i need an OPTICAL dvd drive?

16 Comments

An optical drive is a cd/dvd drive.

Show us the laptop there meant be another reason.

Aslong as your not going to be using DVD's then you should be fine with that...

Original Poster

Adam2050;6383664

An optical drive is a cd/dvd drive.Show us the laptop there meant be … An optical drive is a cd/dvd drive.Show us the laptop there meant be another reason.

thaks for replying here is the netbook configure.euro.dell.com/del…3d9

150374988879 - Ebay.

£7.89

Original Poster

dean3988;6383669

Aslong as your not going to be using DVD's then you should be fine with … Aslong as your not going to be using DVD's then you should be fine with that...

its for y husbands orthodontics course. i assume it will be CDs if anything. :thinking:

magicbeans;6383686

its for y husbands orthodontics course. i assume it will be CDs if … its for y husbands orthodontics course. i assume it will be CDs if anything. :thinking:

If not an external DVD-RW drive is only about £25. Can't seem to find any normal dvds on quick search.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6383680

150374988879 - Ebay.£7.89

excellent...ur a star! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Adam2050;6383712

If not an external DVD-RW drive is only about £25. Can't seem to find any … If not an external DVD-RW drive is only about £25. Can't seem to find any normal dvds on quick search.

will make him check the paperwork for the course before ordering the ebay one....but a bunch of dentists are gonna be keeping it simples i hope!

Your best just getting a cheap dvd one, almost certainly somewhere down the line you will have a dvd that you need to use on the computer

magicbeans;6383738

will make him check the paperwork for the course before ordering the ebay … will make him check the paperwork for the course before ordering the ebay one....but a bunch of dentists are gonna be keeping it simples i hope!

Cheapest DVD one here :250500065419 £20.39

Original Poster

Adam2050;6383816

Cheapest DVD one here :250500065419 £20.39

Original Poster

dean3988;6383796

Your best just getting a cheap dvd one, almost certainly somewhere down … Your best just getting a cheap dvd one, almost certainly somewhere down the line you will have a dvd that you need to use on the computer

ur right!..... me and hubby are rubbish at comps.:roll:

You seem to have bought a NETBOOK rather than a LAPTOP, they are slightly different things.

For example the screeen is only 10" which is rather small.

Most laptops have at least a 15" screen.

Banned

get the dvd one MB!

...had the offer been for an Optical Rampant Rabbit then I am pretty sure you would be leading authority on that thread.....lol....

MB...I truly admire you courage and persistence in filling that "gap" of information that you required...:p

;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions