Groups

please please please can we petition to get a decent Search function on this website

OK! I'm sick to the back teeth of this appaling search function on this site. It's rubbish, even if i type in a word I simply *know* is in a title it still sometimes won't find it. Not to mention all the other junk it pulls up, god only knows how as it has nothing to do with what you search for.

All in favour say "aye"!

13 Comments

Original Poster

what i really want is to be able to use AND or & or + to say I ONLY want results that contain A AND B

or I do not want results that contain X i.e. a + b NOT X or a + b -x etc

It infuriates me all the irrelevant nonsense that is pulled up if you search for something

mod

I'll sign it

I totally agree... lets revolt.. ill bring the biscuits

what do we want? better search function..
    what dont we want..this search function
    what do we want..... (you get the drift)

and we went a bigger inbox aswell!!

Original Poster

Cluffy321;3535310

and we went a bigger inbox aswell!!

Do we??:oops:

Very well

better search and bigger boxes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;3535338

Someone already made one. Go here. http://hukd.garyrip.com/search/

hey hey,

excellent, look at that there are loads of posts relating to what I want -

OK, new petition, we want this code (obviously wit the permission of the owner) integrated into the HUKD site, stop being tight A**** and pay google for their search function

hypnoticstate;3535338

Someone already made one. Go here. http://hukd.garyrip.com/search/

wow thank you for this :santa::santa::gift:

ms2005;3535356

hey hey,excellent, look at that there are loads of posts relating to what … hey hey,excellent, look at that there are loads of posts relating to what I want -OK, new petition, we want this code (obviously wit the permission of the owner) integrated into the HUKD site, stop being tight A**** and pay google for their search function

Sorry to wind you up even more but it's FREE to use Google as a search function on your website so they can do it without even paying. Wish they would do it.

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;3535458

Sorry to wind you up even more but it's FREE to use Google as a search … Sorry to wind you up even more but it's FREE to use Google as a search function on your website so they can do it without even paying. Wish they would do it.

damn you, this rials me further!!!

Sort it out HUKD else I'm moving to MSE and taking these people with me

i think the search works well its educating people to make tags

lol OP, looking through your posts on previous threads (on 20 quid an hour to do this before the hate lol) your spelling is as bad as anyone elses 'appaling' , 'rials' ???? time to let it go imo.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions