Groups

PLEASE READ Message for GALAXYLAD

GALAXYLAD I have paid £12.50 in your Paypal account for 2 cinema tickets
    hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2
    on the 30th of June and to date you have failed to contact me (also after my pm and several messages on other threads of yours) and I have not received the tickets I paid for!
    I am very disappointed about this situation which may turn OK still it's not very nice of you to ignore me and if it doesn't turn out Ok (lost in the post I hear you say?) how do you expect me to believe it after this type of behaviour?
    I would be grateful if Admin could help in anyway, at least to bring this issue to his attention and I also to all forum members to support me by keeping this thread up in the list.

I hope to get an answer / explanations soon from GALAZYLAD!

54 Comments

Mods/admi nwont get involved.
    did you get his details?

I don't mean to be rude, but itsn't it a bit accusing after 3 days? (Well 4 is suppose)

If he collected payment on 30th, posted on 2nd, they should come today?

A lot of sellers don't tend to post next day from my experience, some take up to a week.

Have you left feedback accordingly ?

emmajk42;2443270

It's been 3 days emma. Surely a bit more time should be left?

emmajk42;2443270

Wouldn't you leave it a few days?

a week at least?

The earliest he would have posted them was Tuesday and guessing he posted them 2nd class as posting was not discussed. My guess is they will be with you tomorrow (Thu) or Fri.

]http//ww…781

]http//ww…817

(found another thread by him... seems a wee bit fishy now)

]http//ww…s-f

hmm.. strange that he would generate 2 more tickets just a few hours after original post, no ?

(Ahh just read he stated they were for different dates)

emasu;2443271

It's been 3 days emma. Surely a bit more time should be left?

I was only asking, didn't realise it was such a short time ago.

Emma you might want to keep an eye on this guy, maybe stop him from trading until people start to get there tickets as It does look a little fishy.

emmajk42;2443276

Emma, you may want to check his FS/FT posts. Seems to have listed a LOT of the same thing.

emmajk42;2443276

Mods should know everything! ;-)

]Bikebarbie - did you follow the guidelines and get his details? Did you give him a call?

Some of Galaxylads posts...

I have 4 lots all together the cineworld tickets i no longer have as my … I have 4 lots all together the cineworld tickets i no longer have as my family have taken them off me and these am selling as these cinema;s are not near me.

Actually I Have Abbey Bank Aswell Natwest 1 Is Mine But Abbey Is My Sons … Actually I Have Abbey Bank Aswell Natwest 1 Is Mine But Abbey Is My Sons Which He Has Given Me Permission To Use Of Anybody Has Abbey.

LFC Muppet:If you send first, as you are new and have no feedback, I will … LFC Muppet:If you send first, as you are new and have no feedback, I will give you your £8 asking price via BT?Sorry i will have to think about that not sure as i am needing the money atm will let you no later if no other offers

Seems dodgy to me. And from the quoted text he's typed above, he's not English either :?

That sounds fishy to me.......

If my claws were sharpened I would have them out for you!

Hisssssssssssss!

Original Poster

thrustmaster;2443275

]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/207592/expired-selling-2x-cinema-tickets-2/?p=2430781#post2430781]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/207817/expired-selling-2x-cinema-tickets-2/showthread.php?t=207817(found another thread by him... seems a wee bit fishy now)]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/207616/expired-selling-2x-cinema-tickets-fhmm.. strange that he would generate 2 more tickets just a few hours after original post, no ?(Ahh just read he stated they were for different dates)

that's why it arouse my suspicions but as I said in my post it not very nice ignoring my messages and my posts when I know that he has visited the site since then!. He has not even contacted me to confirm receipt of the money. No, I have not left feedback yet and not asked for details as wouldnt have thought people would be like this for £12.50! (he must be hungry!!) Good lesson learnt but at least want to make you all aware.

Bikebarbie;2444047

that's why it arouse my suspicions but as I said in my post it not very … that's why it arouse my suspicions but as I said in my post it not very nice ignoring my messages and my posts when I know that he has visited the site since then!. He has not even contacted me to confirm receipt of the money. No have not left feedback yet and not asked for details as wouldnt have thought people would be like this for £12.50!

If it wasn't worth it(Asking for details), then why is it worth posting this thread?

thesaint;2444061

If it wasn't worth it(Asking for details), then why is it worth posting … If it wasn't worth it(Asking for details), then why is it worth posting this thread?

That person seems a lot like Cat_37 avoiding doing anything to expose the fact that it's a scam and even mentioning a son.

Dodgy!

Bikebarbie;2444047

that's why it arouse my suspicions but as I said in my post it not very … that's why it arouse my suspicions but as I said in my post it not very nice ignoring my messages and my posts when I know that he has visited the site since then!. He has not even contacted me to confirm receipt of the money. No, I have not left feedback yet and not asked for details as wouldnt have thought people would be like this for £12.50! (he must be hungry!!) Good lesson learnt but at least want to make you all aware.

We all make mistakes and learn from them. Does not matter if it was £12.50, guidelines are left for your safety, unfortunately these things do happen. Give it until tomorrow but if you have not heard anything by then i would imagine you wont :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thesaint;2444061

If it wasn't worth it(Asking for details), then why is it worth posting … If it wasn't worth it(Asking for details), then why is it worth posting this thread?

Thank you for your considered opinion.

I try to understand that one mans spam is another mans social life. :roll:

Banned

Got to agree with the Saint on this one.

Hard to complain/moan when you don't follow fs/ft guidelines.

However montanafish may be able to help you with contact details as he recently completed a sale.

hotukdeals.com/for…665

aScottishBloke;2444366

Got to agree with the Saint on this one.Hard to complain/moan when you … Got to agree with the Saint on this one.Hard to complain/moan when you don't follow fs/ft guidelines.

Me too. Just waiting for it to start raining frogs.....

aScottishBloke;2444366
    Got to agree with the Saint on this one.

Hard to complain/moan when you don't follow fs/ft guidelines.

Just to make it clear, it's one thing to not know about the guidelines, and then get ripped off(Which is too soon to determine in this case).
    It's a different case where you know the guidelines are there, and make a concious decision not to follow them because the amount is too small to bother with.

To then start a thread complaining about the small amount that wasn't worth following the guidelines for is hypocritical.

If you are not going to follow the guidelines, then always make sure that by doing so leaves you in the stronger position than the person you are trading with.

Banned

steevieboy4u;2443394

Seems dodgy to me. And from the quoted text he's typed above, he's not … Seems dodgy to me. And from the quoted text he's typed above, he's not English either :?

Neither am I, but I'm not sure what your intentions are by your remark. Care to explain ?

can you not open a paypal dispute ?

big_anth;2444445

A bit premature?

big_anth;2444445

Yes but even when they rule in your favour the other person can just point blank refuse to pay back.

Original Poster

When I decided to send the money without following the "guidelines" I was happy to presume that I was sending the money to a genuine person. My risk assessment and my previous experiences in trading led me to feel assured that someone was not going to defraud someone of a mere £12.50.

I don t lead my life thinking that everyone is out to catch me and with a chip on my shoulder with a feeling that I need to check people out - all the time. If anyone of you that made those comments about too bad for me not checking I would say that they are being hypocrite as i don t believe that they have always 100% followed the guidelines.

Now:
    1- Not following the guidelines does not mean that I sort of "deserve" and "cant complain" about this
    2- That someone else is entitled to take advantage of your good will
    3- Neither does it not mean that since it was only £12.50 and I thought it's not a big amount to do my checks that now I should just accept it, it is a question of principles, even if it was a £1.50 DVD I would still put the post on to educate other forum members of 1- Galaxylad atttitude 2- Learn from my experience

Also one of my biggest grudges was that he was not answering my messages. He could have played it more cleverly and handled it better so here you go.

If I wanted £5 for a dvd and felt like scamming for it wouldnt I say

"blah blah game for £5/£6 brand new sealed" yada yada yada?

Bikebarbie,

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that you deserved to be scammed(Too early to say you have been), but when you made the decision to not follow some basic guidelines, you lost the sympathy of most people on here.

Believe me, if you had followed the guidelines and were scammed, people(Me included) would be falling over themselves to help you out.

Your risk assessment is flawed, as you now realise.

I have never followed the guidelines, and the reason I haven't been scammed is because I do not leave myself vulnerable.

This whole threads clown shoes anyway imho. Paid after 7pm on monday and because it hadn't arrived by wednesday the op decided to start throwing accusations around. All because they didn't get a reply to a PM. If that's a crime, label me Blackbeard.

jellybaby22;2446816

hi blackbeard

There's my cue....

Arrrrrrr!

http://www.shengis.net/shengis/smilies_files/pirate4.gif

Shengis;2446896

There's my cue....Arrrrrrr!

Welcome back Sir.

steevieboy4u;2443394

Seems dodgy to me. And from the quoted text he's typed above, he's not … Seems dodgy to me. And from the quoted text he's typed above, he's not English either :?

well i am sure there has been some English scammers around as well as others, what are you trying to say steevieboy4u?

Most scammers are not originally from the United Kingdom and English is not their mother tongue (same with fraud when i worked at bank). I'm sure he meant no harm in what he said.

thrustmaster;2447382

Most scammers are not originally from the United Kingdom and English is … Most scammers are not originally from the United Kingdom and English is not their mother tongue (same with fraud when i worked at bank). I'm sure he meant no harm in what he said.

Do you have anything (Links, figures) to back this up?

Is that the same with HUKD? If not then it's irrelevant.

thesaint;2447422

Do you have anything (Links, figures) to back this up?

Yeah i'd like to see that too......

Shengis;2446896

There's my cue....Arrrrrrr!

I'm glad you've changed you're avvy back Shengis :-D I find it so much more pleasing to the eye :whistling:

so that's where you've been Shengis ... changed avvy indeed!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions