Groups

Please reccomend me Edinburgh hotel family room - End of MAy

Hi,

All you helpful people on the forum..

I am planning to visit Edinburgh May end with Family ..

Can anyone recommend a economical hotel which will offer family room- 2 adults + 2 kids.Location should be as central as possible or close to bus routes..

The flights have cost me a packet so not looking to spend a lot..

Premier Inn is not available unfortunately.. so that's my range..max 80/ night..

Have googled extensively but have not been succesfull...

Many thanks for your time and replies...

Aj

15 Comments

Hi,
    We stayed at the Traveldge Edinburgh Central during February half term with our two boys 12 & 14. The accomodation was clean, the rooms large and the location excellent only 100 yards from the Royal Mile! You can get a great filling breakfast for 7.50 per adult and children under 15 eat free. I can't really find fault and would stay again should i be lucky enough to visit Edinburgh again. Hope this helps.

ichotelsgroup.com/h/d…ull

holiday inn have a few dotted around. This one is right next door to the zoo and on several major bus routes. About 5 mins into town. Bus stop right outside hotel.

There is also another holiday inn which has great views of the castle if you pick a good room. Also 5 minutes to town and the bus stop is literally outside the hotel once again.

holidayinn.com/h/d…ull

Dont know what dates you want but they seem to be about 80 quid.

Original Poster

Travelodge also is booked out besides Premier travel inn...

Many thanks checking them out..

MCh1 and podaonn1 - rep added!!!

cheers

Aj

Banned

Balmoral (quiet nice) ]http//ww…om/

Thistle (not bad)

Try the other city travelodges - Learmonth and West End - both easy bus journeys or can walk if plenty time

Original Poster

Hi,

only travelodge Dreghorn / Musselborough seems to be available....

so which would be better..

I can not find learmonth travelodge separate than west end ..there is only travelodge west end available..

reps added..

cheers

Aj

ajaymp;4682395

Hi,only travelodge Dreghorn / Musselborough seems to be available....Aj

They are quite far away surely?

I think the west end one is known as Haymarket - we stayed there recently - it's really nice for a 'lodge.

Try there - it's easy just to walk into town to be honest!

Original Poster

Thanks all fo your replies...

Greymarket was not avaiable at all so had to go in for Dreghorn...

It's sorted now...

cheers

Aj

moob;4682922

I think the west end one is known as Haymarket - we stayed there recently … I think the west end one is known as Haymarket - we stayed there recently - it's really nice for a 'lodge.Try there - it's easy just to walk into town to be honest!

Original Poster

Moob..

Repped u Mate!!!

Aj

Without a doubt 'The Radisson' situated right in the middle of the Royal Mile. We (2 adults + 3 children stayed in a family room there last April) Not only is it a beautiful building, right in the heart of everything in Edinburgh Old Town (the castle is a 5/10 minute stroll up the road) the hotel itself is brilliant with fantastic service all round, we stayed for 5 nights in all, and were able to use the swimming pool etc..and full continental breakfast was provided every morning. You can help yourself to as much/little as you want and they cater for everybody - all really good quality sausages, eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal etc......My brother in law knows the manager so we paid the ridiculous price of £72 per night for all 5 of us INCLUDING the breakfast :w00t:. I'm not too sure how much it costs to stay at normally, but it would be well worth phoning them or looking on the net for any deals. It's definately as central to everything in Edinburgh that you can get. Here's a link radissonsas.com/g_e…iza I hope this helps :).

Original Poster

thanks that was some deal u got!!!!

but no rooms available and now my booking is sorted!!!:thumbsup:

WonderWoman;4683089

Without a doubt 'The Radisson' situated right in the middle of the Royal … Without a doubt 'The Radisson' situated right in the middle of the Royal Mile. We (2 adults + 3 children stayed in a family room there last April) Not only is it a beautiful building, right in the heart of everything in Edinburgh Old Town (the castle is a 5/10 minute stroll up the road) the hotel itself is brilliant with fantastic service all round, we stayed for 5 nights in all, and were able to use the swimming pool etc..and full continental breakfast was provided every morning. You can help yourself to as much/little as you want and they cater for everybody - all really good quality sausages, eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal etc......My brother in law knows the manager so we paid the ridiculous price of £72 per night for all 5 of us INCLUDING the breakfast :w00t:. I'm not too sure how much it costs to stay at normally, but it would be well worth phoning them or looking on the net for any deals. It's definately as central to everything in Edinburgh that you can get. Here's a link http://www.radissonsas.com/g_en_sk_brand_ediza I hope this helps :).

ajaymp;4683274

thanks that was some deal u got!!!! but no rooms available and now my … thanks that was some deal u got!!!! but no rooms available and now my booking is sorted!!!:thumbsup:

I know - we were really lucky, Glad your's is sorted now - have a great time :).

Original Poster

Thats so nice of you...:thumbsup:

spreading problem so can't rep again!!

cheers

Ajay

oxter;4683614

There you go some things to do and places to eat … There you go some things to do and places to eat toohttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=65495http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=30915

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £30,000 and a Parkdean Holiday Home with ITV Daytime (Postal/Text/Phone…99
      2. E: 23/10 (+4) Win £40,000, Mercedes GLA & Cliveden House Trip with X Factor…44
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3999
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions