Groups

please recommend..

the best travel guide for me in america, i'll be travelling on a budget

thanks addy

7 Comments

Lonely planet or the aa ones have always been pretty good for me.

where abouts in the states are you going?

Original Poster

i want to see california and new york, but after that open to anywhere, i intend to get ideas from a travel guide

thanks for posting:)

California is awesome, spent 3 weeks travelling over there when i was a kid. Yosemite is completly breath taking, san fransisco i didn't like, but then again we had just got out of Yosemite when we got there. we travelled through death valley to go to Vegas aswell which was cool. It's a holiday I so want to repeat one day.

yeah id go with the lonely planet book - thats what we used 4 odd years ago and have to say i loved san francisco although we stayed in a hostel met a great bunch of ppl and just partyed every night seen the sights during the day - had an amzing time.

lonely planet

Have a look at the BBC Yellowstone series on iplayer - I really enjoyed visiting Yellowstone National Park, flickr has some pretty good pictures as well. I was there for two months last summer. I spent part of my time in Vancouver in Canada, where I kayaked - (I think its the best place on the planet to live) Drove from Seattle down to Yellowstone through wyoming - went to the Crested Butte to see friends too. Check out the Grand Tetons, 'the arches' Arches National Park - Utah - similar to the Grand Canon. Depends what you like landscapes - cities.

I prefer 'The Rough Guide' series of books - really good for looking at budget accommodation.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions