Please recommend a 10000 mAh Power Bank

Posted 20th Feb
I'm looking for a power bank around 10000 (or a secondary option 20000) mAh that can power 2 action cameras and can be charged quickly (i.e. Power Delivery).

I was thinking about the "Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Redux", but Anker says the power bank (and the rest of their range) will shut off after the camera batteries have charged to 100%.
I don't want that feature, I need it to continually provide power to the cameras.
(Maybe I should just remove the camera batteries).

Does anyone any experience with the above power bank (i.e. does it shut off) or can recommend one that meets the above specs?
Most of the power banks (RavPower, Aukey etc) at Amazon seem to claim this auto shut off/safety feature.

10000 mAh over 20000 is preferred due to size and weight.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I don’t really know about power banks

but I happened upon this deal

AOPAWA Power Banks, [26800mAh High Capacity ] Portable Charger Fast Charge External Battery Pack with LED Lights Dual USB Power Pack Ultra Compact for Smart Phone, Tablet and More amazon.co.uk/dp/…6YA
Mendoza20/02/2020 15:05

I don’t really know about power banksbut I happened upon this deal AOPAWA P …I don’t really know about power banksbut I happened upon this deal AOPAWA Power Banks, [26800mAh High Capacity ] Portable Charger Fast Charge External Battery Pack with LED Lights Dual USB Power Pack Ultra Compact for Smart Phone, Tablet and More https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VXQTP34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_V8PtEbN5BV6YA

Thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't look like it ticks any of the boxes, for what I'm looking for.
Plus it looks like a PayPal refund for a 5 Star review product.
As far as I'm aware the USB standard doesn't even communicate battery charge level (on a power-only connection).

Given that we're talking about Amazon sellers and powerbanks here, neither of which are paragons of honesty in marketing, I suspect it's an entirely spurious reassurance. The power flow shuts off because the device is no longer drawing power rather than because of anything the power bank has done.
EndlessWaves20/02/2020 18:32

As far as I'm aware the USB standard doesn't even communicate battery …As far as I'm aware the USB standard doesn't even communicate battery charge level (on a power-only connection).Given that we're talking about Amazon sellers and powerbanks here, neither of which are paragons of honesty in marketing, I suspect it's an entirely spurious reassurance. The power flow shuts off because the device is no longer drawing power rather than because of anything the power bank has done.

Many thanks for the explanation
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell20/02/2020 19:02

Many thanks for the explanation

As mentioned it's the device that stops drawing power when fully charged. Once there's no power draw for a bit the powerbank turns off. I've run a raspberry pi off mine and as that's a constant draw it's fine, but if doing my phone it'll turn off after my phone is done.

You can easily test it, if the cameras run off USB with no batteries then a powerbank should also run them without batteries.
dcx_badass20/02/2020 19:13

As mentioned it's the device that stops drawing power when fully charged. …As mentioned it's the device that stops drawing power when fully charged. Once there's no power draw for a bit the powerbank turns off. I've run a raspberry pi off mine and as that's a constant draw it's fine, but if doing my phone it'll turn off after my phone is done.You can easily test it, if the cameras run off USB with no batteries then a powerbank should also run them without batteries.

Thank you
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell20/02/2020 21:34

Thank you

I've got this one, just might take a while to come atm with corona, it has dual PD out, I got it for just under $9 in a sale.

#Aliexpress US $11.95 52%OFF | YKZ QC 3.0 Power Bank 10000mAh LED External Charger Battery Poverbank PD Fast Quick Charge 12V Powerbank for iPhone Xiaomi mi
a.aliexpress.com/_UNwI7

Worth noting (it's in the description). The 10000mah is at the batteries 3.7v, it's around 6500mah at USB 5v. I'm not sure if that's an issue with all powerbanks though or if others claim capacity at 5v (I doubt it as most do what they can get away with).
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 20th Feb
dcx_badass20/02/2020 21:45

I've got this one, just might take a while to come atm with corona, it has …I've got this one, just might take a while to come atm with corona, it has dual PD out, I got it for just under $9 in a sale.#Aliexpress US $11.95 52%OFF | YKZ QC 3.0 Power Bank 10000mAh LED External Charger Battery Poverbank PD Fast Quick Charge 12V Powerbank for iPhone Xiaomi mia.aliexpress.com/_UNwI7Worth noting (it's in the description). The 10000mah is at the batteries 3.7v, it's around 6500mah at USB 5v. I'm not sure if that's an issue with all powerbanks though or if others claim capacity at 5v (I doubt it as most do what they can get away with).

Thanks for the suggestion
Is the digital readout accurate or really just a gimmick?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants