Expired

Please recommend a home use paper shredder?

Found 30th Dec 2012
Please can someone recommend a good, reliable, home use shredder?
Ideally cross cut not strip.
I don't want a, shred 5 sheets, wait 30 minutes before it cools
Obviously price is a factor but reliability is as important.
Not just looking for links (although they are appreciated) looking for folk's experience's also
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
MiscShredder
12 Comments
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2219/2094700132_f2273c5599.jpg
I am on my second one and have the Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder with 8 Sheet Capacity and Large Waste Bin
My last one struggled with 3 sheets this handles a good few though never tried it with 8
It is fast and has a small window so you can see how full the bin is.Also handles cd's and credit card.
It is about £35 in amazon but may be cheaper elsewhere
http://www.barrel-barbecue.co.uk/fire-pit-blasing-table.jpg
spectra7045

I am on my second one and have the Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper … I am on my second one and have the Aurora AS800CD Cross Cut Paper Shredder with 8 Sheet Capacity and Large Waste BinMy last one struggled with 3 sheets this handles a good few though never tried it with 8It is fast and has a small window so you can see how full the bin is.Also handles cd's and credit card.It is about £35 in amazon but may be cheaper elsewhere

Thanks for that, useful.
Found it and others from same manufacturer.
Shredders seem to be like marmite; either folks say they work fine or don't.
Thanks again
Another option for indoors

http://chatteris.shapeyourplace.org/files/2011/10/open_fire_rdax_881.jpg
Edited by: "WoolyM" 30th Dec 2012
We've got a Fellowes P35C and it seems to handle most things inc credit cards. It was only about £30 in Currys but was in a clearance so don't know the full price but knowing Currys it's probably £25 normally
35 quid seems abit steep, I got a used one off Ebay delivered for about £7 last year & its still working, plenty of ex-office bargains out there...This one ends tonight
Stear clear of the Morrisons cross shredder no matter how much they reduce it!!
i have THIS ONE from rymans. really good, ive easily done ~ 200 sheets without it cutting out.
Another recommendation for Fellowes shredders. Ours gets used & abused (too much in one go for most machines) frequently and is still going strong 3 years later. The ones from WH Smith, Staples etc did not fare so well, may the Rest In Peace.
Thanks (and likes) to all the folks who posted useful replies, very much appreciated
Have opted for the Fellowes P-48C from Amazon, £35.99

Thanks for the ebay link but must admit, for stuff like this, I wouldn't buy from ebay. I can see the bargain but there's no piece of mind with it.
Thanks all
Update:
Item arrived today, much bigger than expected (should have read dimensions) but that's not an issue.
Due to size of basket it is too big to empty directly into plastic carrier bag
It is very good, quick but very loud.
Happy with it.
Thanks
Edited by: "boydent999" 3rd Jan 2013

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants