Groups

Please recommend a sound card better than my onboard asus sabertooth 990 rev.2

as above

6 Comments

Better in what respect?

I picked up an Asus Xonar DGX for S/PDIF out and it works fine, nice and cheap too (need to use 3rd party drivers though - not complicated). If you want to spend more money, I think the Creative sound blaster Z is the go to card.

Original Poster

groenleader

Better in what respect?

louder headphone jack im going deaf

I've got a Asus Phoebus i think that is how you spell it. £100 seems a good card with good reviews.

raptorcigs

louder headphone jack im going deaf

You're not gone that deaf, it's just that you're lineout/headphone doesn't have high enough voltage.
    Depending on if you're into your music creation etc. I'd probably either go for a cheap audio card with headphone out port rated to approx 600ohms.
    uk.creative.com/p/s…5-1 £55.99, probably get the stupid £10 off voucher as well from these bunch on thieves.

Or invest it in a nice audio interface with midi and other crap

I got a sound blaster z for £55 from ccl because it's oem. great volume and dynamic sound
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.11
      2. One for the mathmeticians1930
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767425
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876401

See more discussions