Please recommend Any good dehumdifier

Found 3rd Nov 2017
I want to buy a dehumdifire i dont have any information about that so please recomend the good one that you are using. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
DorothyMantoothIsASaint13 m ago

This one's pretty good: …This one's pretty good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018RRYDPU/ref=zg_bs_3593783031_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N8CBAPEJTX387W8MJBH1

Thank you for the comment. I can see there iz a filter included in this. Should i change its filter and buy new one frequently?
DorothyMantoothIsASaint3rd Nov 2017

This one's pretty good: …This one's pretty good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018RRYDPU/ref=zg_bs_3593783031_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N8CBAPEJTX387W8MJBH1

That's a humidifier, not a dehumidifier.

@lemooo What are you trying to dehumidify? Without knowing how much capability you need recommendations will be all over the place.
EndlessWaves8 m ago

That's a humidifier, not a dehumidifier.@lemooo What are you trying to …That's a humidifier, not a dehumidifier.@lemooo What are you trying to dehumidify? Without knowing how much capability you need recommendations will be all over the place.

Thank you dear. Im living in a flat and i can feel wetness in my waredrobe and during the winter i can see moulds arround there in the waredrobe and in the corner of bed. During the night i and my family we all have alergy snreezing and caughing during the night we are disturbed alot s a friend of me told me to buy a dehumdifier i really dont know what is that but she said its a machine that gets all the water from room and makes room fresh. So i want one
EndlessWaves9 m ago

That's a humidifier, not a dehumidifier.@lemooo What are you trying to …That's a humidifier, not a dehumidifier.@lemooo What are you trying to dehumidify? Without knowing how much capability you need recommendations will be all over the place.

Like there's a difference?
DorothyMantoothIsASaint3rd Nov 2017

Like there's a difference?

They're exact opposites.

The one you linked to makes the air wetter to help make dry air more pleasant. A dehumidifier drys out to air to help prevent condensation leading to mould etc.

@lemooo Houses shouldn't be wet enough to allow mould to grow inside. Assuming you don't live in a centuries old building you may have some sort of weatherproofing issue, minor plumbing leak or other cause of excess moisture indoors (neighbours leaving clothes to drip dry inside!).

You definitely want to try and sort this type of problem out by fixing the cause before resorting to patches like a dehumidifyer. It'll be cheaper and more effective in the long run, and is likely affecting the other flats in the building too.
I have the older version of this one for £124.99

screwfix also do one that takes out 12lr/day for £104 it’ll be in the similar products
Try to reduce the amount of moisture in the house.

Don't dry clothes on radiators or on clothes horses - all this moisture is just transferred from the clothing to the air in the house and will end up condensing on a cool surface. Also - if you have extractor fans in the kitchen and bathroom use them whenever cooking/showering/bathing.

My mother has one of these - works well. She uses it to dry laundry - screwfix.com/p/w…503

Alternatively look for a secondhand one on ebay or Gumtree - expect to pay between £35-50.
Ecoair DD 122, not cheap but works like a charm
mine damp came from small. drop leek under bath taps over time,. of course you couldn't see cause of bath panel,
been on with this same issue myself and have tried a couple of options.
the main things to consider are airflow and ventilation, if airflow is poor, distribute the dehumidification with several units instead of one.
Try and get units that will turn off when the air has reached the correct level of humidity, too dry air is as unpleasant as too wet, alternately if forced to use mu8ltiple units work out how long they need to be on and put them on timers.
make sure they are turned off if the windows are open no point in dehumidifying the street
Ebac is good make of dehumidifier. Delonghi is decent and cheaper if you want to spend less.
joedastudd20 h, 58 m ago

Thsnk you so much for the kind information
maddogb8 h, 49 m ago

been on with this same issue myself and have tried a couple of options.the …been on with this same issue myself and have tried a couple of options.the main things to consider are airflow and ventilation, if airflow is poor, distribute the dehumidification with several units instead of one.Try and get units that will turn off when the air has reached the correct level of humidity, too dry air is as unpleasant as too wet, alternately if forced to use mu8ltiple units work out how long they need to be on and put them on timers.make sure they are turned off if the windows are open no point in dehumidifying the street

Oh thanks alot for the information i will accept your sayings thank u
mutley17 h, 54 m ago

Ebac is good make of dehumidifier. Delonghi is decent and cheaper if you …Ebac is good make of dehumidifier. Delonghi is decent and cheaper if you want to spend less.

Thank you and yes i will go for something good i will chexk the ebac tx
jonmarz8920 h, 15 m ago

mine damp came from small. drop leek under bath taps over time,. of course …mine damp came from small. drop leek under bath taps over time,. of course you couldn't see cause of bath panel,

Oh thats disgusting i hate dampiness im glad you find a way to decrease the dampness
yea i no there was a deffo a problem when mushrooms appreead, why wonder why it was so humid ,
lemooo14 h, 5 m ago

Thank you and yes i will go for something good i will chexk the ebac tx

Check out their noise level before purchase as the cheaper models are noisier
mutley111 m ago

Check out their noise level before purchase as the cheaper models are …Check out their noise level before purchase as the cheaper models are noisier

Thanks last night as joedastudd named Ecoair DD 122 i checked and has a very good review so i think i will go for that as it has good reviews in the uk
joedastudd3rd Nov

Hello i can see it has a filter and needs to replace its not washable filter, i think the filter costs £28 what do you think how often do you change its filter
lemooo43 m ago

Hello i can see it has a filter and needs to replace its not washable …Hello i can see it has a filter and needs to replace its not washable filter, i think the filter costs £28 what do you think how often do you change its filter

Iirc the lifespan is supposed to be around 2 years. Without you have medical issues and need the filter I'd just vacuum or use compressed air to clean it.
joedastudd1 h, 48 m ago

Iirc the lifespan is supposed to be around 2 years. Without you have …Iirc the lifespan is supposed to be around 2 years. Without you have medical issues and need the filter I'd just vacuum or use compressed air to clean it.

Thats great there is a newer classic mk5 model what do you think of that it costs £158.9 do you recommend that because you already have one and i heared about Meaco 12L Platinum Dehumidifier thats also great and has a good review
Edited by: "Happy.l" 12th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants