Please recommend websites/ a place for getting new tyres fitted

Posted 25th Sep
My front tyres will need changing soon.

Could anyone recommend few websites or places (West of Birmingham/ Bromsgrove/ Dorwitch area) for getting new tyres fitted?

My tyres are 175/65 R15 84H
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
ATS (in-line) or black circles
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 25th Sep
second vote for black circles
Thanks
Hi,
I don't have much knowledge on tyres.
Is Pirelli Cinturato P1 Verde any good?
Cisco06060625/09/2019 14:42

Hi, I don't have much knowledge on tyres.Is Pirelli Cinturato P1 Verde any …Hi, I don't have much knowledge on tyres.Is Pirelli Cinturato P1 Verde any good?

There are some reviews here
What ever you do, DONT use Mytyres to buy the tyres!

They have a website and an ebay branch and while everything reads like they're a uk company, they're not! It took me 3 orders and nearly 4 weeks to get them to send the right tyres! The UK address is just a depot for them to dispatch from and the phone numbers just get re-routed out to a call centre (I cant remember if it was Eastern Europe or Germany). Their customer service department was hopeless and they wouldn't give me the number of the uk depot so I could check things directly.

Basically, they#'re cheap for a reason!

You could probably get a set of tyres from on one of the ebay companies that frequently have 20% off and get your local garage to fit and balance them for around £10 a piece (though that depends on where you ask)
Tyre shopper have 3% off with code, TS3X

Tyre shopper are ok, they are fitted National Tyres.

Discount page

national.co.uk/pro…des
asda tyres seems ok
woldranger25/09/2019 15:08

What ever you do, DONT use Mytyres to buy the tyres! They have a website …What ever you do, DONT use Mytyres to buy the tyres! They have a website and an ebay branch and while everything reads like they're a uk company, they're not! It took me 3 orders and nearly 4 weeks to get them to send the right tyres! The UK address is just a depot for them to dispatch from and the phone numbers just get re-routed out to a call centre (I cant remember if it was Eastern Europe or Germany). Their customer service department was hopeless and they wouldn't give me the number of the uk depot so I could check things directly.Basically, they#'re cheap for a reason!You could probably get a set of tyres from on one of the ebay companies that frequently have 20% off and get your local garage to fit and balance them for around £10 a piece (though that depends on where you ask)

mytyres' legal / t&c / privacy statements say UK-based co registered 18yrs ago with current & valid GB VAT number. Maybe check your invoice / comms to see what company name was used (not suggesting a UK-based co doesn't outsource support or other elements of its business).
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…833
ec.europa.eu/tax…579
and its products are not spectacularly cheap.
AndyRoyd25/09/2019 20:47

mytyres' legal / t&c / privacy statements say UK-based co registered …mytyres' legal / t&c / privacy statements say UK-based co registered 18yrs ago with current & valid GB VAT number. Maybe check your invoice / comms to see what company name was used (not suggesting a UK-based co doesn't outsource support or other elements of its business).https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04144833http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html?memberStateCode=GB&number=768438579and its products are not spectacularly cheap.

Every part of the business you'll deal with are in mainland Europe.

I never used the term spectacularly, I just said cheap. Their stock was the cheapest outside of importing directly from Italy for the 2 sets of tyres I was looking at.
woldranger25/09/2019 20:54

Every part of the business you'll deal with are in mainland Europe.I never …Every part of the business you'll deal with are in mainland Europe.I never used the term spectacularly, I just said cheap. Their stock was the cheapest outside of importing directly from Italy for the 2 sets of tyres I was looking at.

Your observations and poor customer experience is acknowledged. Regardless, your purchase was with a UK registered company.
AndyRoyd25/09/2019 21:05

Your observations and poor customer experience is acknowledged. …Your observations and poor customer experience is acknowledged. Regardless, your purchase was with a UK registered company.

Thank you - most gracious of you.
Costco, get a friend to take you if you dont have a membership.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 26th Sep
MrSprkle26/09/2019 00:25

Costco, get a friend to take you if you dont have a membership.

I don't know anyone have Costco card

BTW, do Costco do fitting of tyre?
I was checking the price online yesterday, it looks like it is not worth the hassle of purchasing the tyre separately and get a local garage fitted.
Cisco06060626/09/2019 10:55

I don't know anyone have Costco card BTW, do Costco do fitting of …I don't know anyone have Costco card BTW, do Costco do fitting of tyre?I was checking the price online yesterday, it looks like it is not worth the hassle of purchasing the tyre separately and get a local garage fitted.

Yes they fit.. You can get some good deals or promotions at Costco
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants