Please report price gouging

Posted 22nd Mar
Please report Ebay vendors who are 'price gouging' - raising prices to extortionate prices on hand sanitiser gel, toilet rolls and other things that we need in this life and death health emergency.
Simply search for an item (e.g. hand sanitiser). Find an item that is excessively overpriced (e.g. hand sanitiser that normally sells for a fiver selling for £48). Scroll down to the description box and click 'report item'. Select reason (prohibited and restricted items) select 'reason for report (price gouging) and then selected 'detailed reason' (sanitation items).
Please join me in this - ebay say that they are against this practice but there are 100s of items there which are inflated in price, and 100s of people here getting ill and dying. If every person does 3 or 4 reports, and ebay acts, we could actually help to save lives.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Love this guy trying to justify his gouging - reported BTW.

40164955-1x0R4.jpg40164955-QmMPA.jpg
Erudite23/03/2020 12:17

Comment deleted

Shaken the tree a bit and I think we've found an eBay price gouger out in the wild.
Worried this will spoil your exploitative profiteering?
should do same with Amazon too, seen some silly prices on there
29 Comments
I reported 10 random highly priced toilet roll listings. Good luck.
Edited by: "daniellndn" 22nd Mar
I think I will start reporting them too. Profiting over something like this when other people have to go without...
ebay.co.uk/itm…133

price gouging - check
search manipulation listing "oos empty bottle 99p" - check
not registered as a business seller - check

EDIT: Listing removed seems like eBay took action
Edited by: "This_site_is_a_joke_now" 23rd Mar
Love this guy trying to justify his gouging - reported BTW.

40164955-1x0R4.jpg40164955-QmMPA.jpg
just had a quick look on ebay, some sellers trying lower prices but sky high delivery, report them as well
athunder22/03/2020 22:17

just had a quick look on ebay, some sellers trying lower prices but sky …just had a quick look on ebay, some sellers trying lower prices but sky high delivery, report them as well

The latest trend seem to be ebay sellers flogging home made IPA based antivirus sanitiser. Some with bullshape claims that it is better than a gel because it evaporates quicker. So a good markup on their stockpile of IPA, no wonder it is in short supply.
HappyShopper22/03/2020 21:21

Love this guy trying to justify his gouging - reported BTW.[Image] [Image]

Ebay should block them for LIFE.
HappyShopper22/03/2020 21:21

Love this guy trying to justify his gouging - reported BTW.[Image] [Image]

That is really cheap, considering:

40165358-slbt4.jpg
Haha
All local idiots reported.
local company who sell glow paint are randomly selling hand gel for £89.99.

reported 7 listings.
40165762-DvXDP.jpg
The sod cancelled the auction..I was looking forward to asking him if we could do cash on collection
guru40422/03/2020 22:29

That is really cheap, considering:[Image]

He deserves a private message.
I've had to resort to an overpriced eBay auction this evening as I'm nearly out and I refuse to go to a shop now as my 15 month old is really poorly.

Will get my own back on them though...
athunder22/03/2020 20:52

I reported a hugely inflated baby milk Amazon listing (UK seller) the other night (found it by accident when looking for something else). Used the "Report incorrect product information" button.
Is there any evidence that Amazon/eBay are subsequently pulling the listings?
MrKrabs23/03/2020 00:51

I've had to resort to an overpriced eBay auction this evening as I'm …I've had to resort to an overpriced eBay auction this evening as I'm nearly out and I refuse to go to a shop now as my 15 month old is really poorly.Will get my own back on them though...

I hope everyone that took the mick and bought tonnes of it unnecessarily creating a shortage, get constipated and don't actually ever get to use it.

Hope the kid gets well soon.
Edited by: "ra786" 23rd Mar

I've had to resort to an overpriced eBay auction this evening as I'm …I've had to resort to an overpriced eBay auction this evening as I'm nearly out and I refuse to go to a shop now as my 15 month old is really poorly.Will get my own back on them though...

Hope all goes well good luck
Are you all going to be grassing up Uber drivers due to their 'surge pricing'? - it's exactly the same principle.

I don't condone price gouging at all, for the record. I see a lot of posts where the core of the post is reporting people for various things, it reminds of the little kids in the book 1984 who grassed everyone up.
I've just reported someone selling two Andrex rolls for £6.99 p&p is £4.99 !
if you see any of this going on in any shops please report it to the CMA who have claimed they will be coming down hard on this practice in a time like this
Competition and Markets Authority
andymagic23/03/2020 08:56

Are you all going to be grassing up Uber drivers due to their 'surge …Are you all going to be grassing up Uber drivers due to their 'surge pricing'? - it's exactly the same principle.I don't condone price gouging at all, for the record. I see a lot of posts where the core of the post is reporting people for various things, it reminds of the little kids in the book 1984 who grassed everyone up.

Surge pricing is normally a couple of percent over normal prices. Trying to charge £50 for £5 worth of toilet roll is 1000% increase.
I fouNd a lot recently selling hand gel/isopropyl etc at reasonable price but if you look closely they either new accounts or ppl who haven’t used that account in years, but selling 100s of items...looks fishy to me.
Erudite23/03/2020 12:17

Comment deleted

Shaken the tree a bit and I think we've found an eBay price gouger out in the wild.
Worried this will spoil your exploitative profiteering?

don't you have useful neighbours, friends, relatives, mums group and social chatty, instagrammable access to items?
ThugBasher23/03/2020 00:18

[Image] The sod cancelled the auction..I was looking forward to asking him …[Image] The sod cancelled the auction..I was looking forward to asking him if we could do cash on collection

ssshhhhhh, that's not price gouging, that some financial transactional irregularity
Price gouging option is no longer there....anyone else getting that
Price gouging is now one of the "report category" options.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants