please share what you managed to buy on black friday? just wanted to see if the whole thing is worth it, thanks

Black Friday deals

35 Comments

I bought zilch

1. Surface Pro 4
2. Bose QC35 headphones
3. Cardigans
4. Amazon Fire Stick
5. Nike running shoes and astro turf trainers
6. WD 1tb external hard drive

It is ans isnt. Some offers were better in the weeks before black friday eg 3 gor 2 on toys at tesco ended monday .....30% off home kits at man city shop last week..black friday deal was 20% off....you would think they would have their best offers...20% off elizabeth arden at boots on thursday but 10% off on black friday....
Having said that i did pick up a samsung tablet from johnlewis in their black friday offer

ellesse tracksuit
adidas joggers
watchdogs 2
xbox controller

Xbox One S, Xbox Live, Nike Air Max.

Was going to be purchasing these approaching christmas anyway, and I'm guessing I've saved circa £100 buying them in the past 48 hrs.

Le Creuset Oval 40cm Casserole but purchased on Thursday.

Ultimate Mania life subscription.

I got some shower gel for £1

nothing,been watching a few things this week waiting for.black friday, only to find the prices of what I was after go UP

Nothing on Friday! Over the Black Friday "period", though (if it is actually a thing)

Got a Lenovo Yoga laptop from Currys £100 off and £50 cashback (gift)
Kindle Paperwhite £79.99 at Argos and 10% cashback (gift)
Wifi Range extender, Chromecast audio and a half price toaster for £51 and £10 cashback at Currys (for me)

I think Quidco has been pretty good over this period. I usually use TCB.

The other thing I want to get as a gift (Fitbit Blaze gold special edition), is the same price everywhere so I'm trying get it on Flubit (11% Quidco cashback).

Black Friday is now just an excuse to shift poor selling stock whilst customers are in a buying frenzy. When it first started you could bag a real bargain, anyone who is clued up knows the real bargains are outside of Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

Didn't bother wasting my precious time.

Only good deal I found was in Gap where everything was 50% off so I stocked up on knitwear as they tend to last a while.

Also went to uniqlo and got a few bits but that's it. Most places were doing up to 50% off and there weren't any good/real deals.

Sharp 49 inch TV £200
Ps pro £260 (like new amazon warehouse)
Ps vr £268 (like new amazon warehouse )
Zoom g1xon £45 (like new aw)
Seymour duncan lp pickups£ 95 (like new aw)
rx 480 8gb £168, (very good damaged box aw)
Ps4 £80 (average aw)

Edited by: "t3hfunk3r" 26th Nov 2016

A takeaway from just eat because my attempt to get to Tesco for some pizzas took over an hour! The car park was gridlocked so couldn't even get to the shop, I assume because of black Friday shoppers! The takeaway deal eorked out quite a bargain £21.50 down to £12.60 with a 20% off restaurant deal and a £5 off code.

mtc1

Black Friday is now just an excuse to shift poor selling stock whilst … Black Friday is now just an excuse to shift poor selling stock whilst customers are in a buying frenzy. When it first started you could bag a real bargain, anyone who is clued up knows the real bargains are outside of Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

No. It's not as simple as that. Of course companies are going to obscure bargains within a deluge of crap. But nowhere have I seen a gibson les paul classic in cherry burst going for £700..... That's less than the price of a satin finish HP tribute .... so the real answer is - it depends what you're after and how savvy you are

mtc1

Black Friday is now just an excuse to shift poor selling stock whilst … Black Friday is now just an excuse to shift poor selling stock whilst customers are in a buying frenzy. When it first started you could bag a real bargain, anyone who is clued up knows the real bargains are outside of Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

Whilst I agree in the 'buying frenzy', in that some folks will get caught up in the hype and buy items without a thought and may in fact be paying over the odds for said item(s), there ARE some bargains to be had and the 'clued up' astute buyers will search for the best deal, regardless of the time of year.

Got a Bluetooth speaker for 99p on thursday from a thread on here. Nothing else, looking for a couple of items, condenser dryer and a soundbar but not seen anything that fitted what I wanted in the offers the last couple of days so just going to wait.

bought a kebab last night, wasn't a black Friday deal but still a good deal X)

sandrafernandes

Didn't bother wasting my precious time.

How ironic! X)

Nothing this year, but last year I bought a washer dryer from Very for £180, was 349. Saved me a bundle.

Amazon fire HD 6 - £23 (warehouse deal)
22k power bank - £9.50
Wileyfox £77

Hive Active Heating with Professional Installation 179 from Wickes

Titan Fall 2 - saving over half price
2X half price Lego sets

So a nice little over half price saving overall, maybe £45~55.

Roku-streaming-stick
Now tv and 6 months entertainment
Moto e3
Still need some GHD's

Titanfall 2 £19.85
Now TV box with 4 months movies £19
Forza 6 xbox for 1p

clairlh88

A takeaway from just eat because my attempt to get to Tesco for some … A takeaway from just eat because my attempt to get to Tesco for some pizzas took over an hour! The car park was gridlocked so couldn't even get to the shop, I assume because of black Friday shoppers! The takeaway deal eorked out quite a bargain £21.50 down to £12.60 with a 20% off restaurant deal and a £5 off code.

​ same here, very happy with my takeaway for just over a tenner! unless you was after a console I think the whole black Friday thing has been turd yet again. Better deals throughout the year.
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 26th Nov 2016

Only thing i got was Polaroid snap camera £72 debenhams. Hadn't planned to even buy one lol

mtc1

The first black Friday events lead to fighting and there was a massive lack of stock so the while there were some great bargains the chance of actually getting one was small.

Because of this they stretched it over a week and avoided inshore exclusives as much as possible.

There are still bargain out there but due to the extra length there is also a lot of junk to sort through first

A lot of things I was looking at went up in price a week or so before and then the "special" Black Friday price was about the same. I ended up buying 12m of Xbox Live from Game for £25 and two bottles of perfume from Amazon, one was a lot cheaper than anywhere else and the other could be found cheaper elsewhere. But by ordering from Amazon, it took me over £50 and I got a free box of samples as well.

I also managed to pick up the Estes Lauder make up for my wife for £58.

It's a case of knowing what you want and researching it beforehand rather than thinking it's a good deal because someone says it is. Example in point, Debenhams were selling the Nespresso Lattissima Touch for £200 on special offer from £280. That's not a deal, Amazon have it at £199 all the time and I managed to pick up an Amazon Warehouse one for £104 after the 20% off

Electric toothbrush @ Wilkos,
Some clothes at M and M (online)
rest was waste of time. Wanted a health fryer and mixer but didnt see them on sale.

F' All

Nothing. Just been to Bath Xmas market so bought a park and ride family ticket. Dark roasted... Burnt.... Coffee at soho coffee. Mrs likes it I don't! And 3 sandwiches. Could not move let alone see what they were flogging in the sheds. Back home now. Bring on the new year I say.

It's totally worth it if you are smart and do your research and also not buy just because it's a "deal".

I was in dire need of a phone upgrade and was already thinking of getting a Huawei P9 and snagged a real bargain on Friday.

hotukdeals.com/dea…865

Huawei P9 Phone (currently retails £350)
W1 Classic SmartWatch - Free with deal (currently retails £180)

6GB of 4G UK data
unlimited UK calls and texts
500MB inclusive roaming data

The Black Friday deal was £30 upfront and £24 per month.

Managed to get 20% off the monthly bill so it's now:
£30 upfront and £19.20 per month

£19.20 x 24 = £460.80 + £30 = £490.80 total cost!

The cost of the Phone and Watch alone is £530. So I am saving £40 right there, and that doesn't include the SIM card which is probably £12.50/month = £300 over the 24 months!

And possible £45 or £75 cash back on top of that.

Original Poster

Thanks, didn't get anything worthwhile as well
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767288
    3. word association Game73944492
    4. What would be HELL to you?1517

See more discussions