Please somebody freaking help me !! (Kitchen tap hosepipe connector)

Posted 30th May
Could anyone point me to a decent hose pipe connector for the kitchen tap ... we have a pool to fill but the last 2 connectors just seem to not fit or wont hold the pressure

I have even tried the balloon trick as seen on you tube again no luck!!

Please somebody help !!
Gracias !
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Picture of your tap would help people .
smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/…h=1

you need a mixer tap connector, this one worked for me though there was some trial and error setting it up working out which way round washers go
24 Comments
KemCol30/05/2020 10:49

My bad sorry
40919874-nSoRs.jpg
I tried a couple to try and get a bit of hot water into my kids pool when I first bought it, none worked, had to just suck it up and make do with cold from the outside tap.
Why don’t you just install a hot outside tap? We charge £65
smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/…h=1

you need a mixer tap connector, this one worked for me though there was some trial and error setting it up working out which way round washers go
Just bought 2 diffrent ones from.wilko thr water pressure just bursts out ... had enough of it I give up.
If you can afford an outside tap (mine cost £70 to install done in less an hr by plumber) do that. I tried loads of connections & they all leaked or came off the tap spraying water all over the floor.
NewBoots30/05/2020 12:41

If you can afford an outside tap (mine cost £70 to install done in less an …If you can afford an outside tap (mine cost £70 to install done in less an hr by plumber) do that. I tried loads of connections & they all leaked or came off the tap spraying water all over the floor.

Someone says they will do it for 45 quid must have spent about 20 quid on adaptors ...gutted .... oh well live and learn
Sc4mp030/05/2020 13:11

[Video]

And you should have a full paddling pool in about a week.....
I got one of these, unscrewed the bit in my kitchen tap, had to take the washer out and use it in this, without the rubber washer it made a right mess. Screwed this is nice and tight and did a good job. Lovely hot paddling pool. Good luck

amazon.co.uk/Hoz…8-7
Edited by: "heedrick" 30th May
Could always get a more suitable mixer tap that doesn’t have a rounded face. Probably find one on eBay second hand for pennies.
heedrick30/05/2020 22:23

I got one of these, unscrewed the bit in my kitchen tap, had to take the …I got one of these, unscrewed the bit in my kitchen tap, had to take the washer out and use it in this, without the rubber washer it made a right mess. Screwed this is nice and tight and did a good job. Lovely hot paddling pool. Good luckhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-Kitchen-Connector-24mm-male/dp/B0034G5NR2/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=hozelock+kitchen+mixer+tap+connector&qid=1590873722&sprefix=hozelock+kitchen+mixer+tap&sr=8-7

I did the same. So much better than all the other hacks I had tried.

Still leaks a bit but I put the washing up bowl upside down over the tap so any spurts get redirected into the sink.
Connect to washing machine tap.
Doubt you will fix to that mixer tap. The pressure will cause the neck seal to break. standard hose pipe outside tap connection kit will fit the ¾ BSP washing machine or dishwasher tap. Think you remove white bit and just use the yellow on washing machine tap.
40928721-18Yxu.jpg
Edited by: "wayners" 31st May
Doesn't that 90 degree portion unscrew off? Then you can just fit a "pressure fit" hose connector?

If not, have you already tried one of these? £3
40929999-Rh61v.jpg
wilko.com/en-…12a
40932065-buPdw.jpg
This is the one I got, around £3 on ebay.
Phsycronix31/05/2020 12:13

Doesn't that 90 degree portion unscrew off? Then you can just fit a …Doesn't that 90 degree portion unscrew off? Then you can just fit a "pressure fit" hose connector?If not, have you already tried one of these? £3[Image] https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-mixer-tap-connector/p/0298812?utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Sub+Networks&utm_source=http://www.digidip.net/&utm_content=0&utm_term=249371&awc=2400_1590923422_d16f833ae7b7245ceb18937d4f14b12a

These don't work and always leak everywhere
i've been using the following fitting for years on my kitchen tap. Does not always give the perfect seal but is more than adequate. All you need to ensure is that you tighten it hard. Use a pair of pliers, do not hand tighten. This should give a very good seal. they're from wilko

40935102-nDU4m.jpg

Same goes for the following connector type. Also from Wilko. Ensure to tighten with pliers. Just don't overdo it.

40935102-jtfiV.jpg
Edited by: "fes37" 1st Jun
Get this, hardest part is drilling the hole, rest is easy. wickes.co.uk/Wic…000
cliosport6531/05/2020 20:59

These don't work and always leak everywhere

I use one of these when I make beer. No leaks here!
Post a comment
@
    Text