Groups

Please try and feed the wild birds during these harsh conditions....

Please spare a thought for our wild birds during this unusual hard spell of weather. Food rich is calories is ideal.. such as cheese, bacon rind, fat balls that pet shops sell. Bread is better than nothing but offers little fat. And fresh water is a must too.....Thanks.. x

27 Comments

Good on you to think about this :thumbsup:

i feed my birds everyday sometimes they are even there waiting cheeky things!!

We started putting food out a couple of weeks ago when it began getting really cold.

got a girl a burger last nite after the club so i done my bit

singer

These birds?

http://digital-photography-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/images/bird-photography.jpg

Or these?

http://www.casafree.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/24295/normal_catherine%20zeta%20jones.jpg

singer;7488711

got a girl a burger last nite after the club so i done my bit singer

every little helps. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DarkKnight;7488730

These birds?Or these?

The featherd types that hang out in the gardens of the UK! .....x

Every man for himself

we feed them every winter...bird cakes ie lard and bird nuts

been feeding the birds in our garden but the bloody pigeons scoff all the scram down before the birds get a look in :x

trying to encourage a few robins at the mo :thumbsup:

I feed my bird nuts every night ;-)

Whenever I hang my fat balls out, it doesn't take long before some bird's nibbling on 'em :-D

Balls, Nuts and any left over fat from the families morning fry up.

The birds round here love it, I feel like a drive through mcdonalds when I watch them from the window,

"Can I take your order please."

will they eat chili peanuts?

ChipSticks;7488873

Maybe the indian birds will? :-D

dont forget the foxes either i have 4 chicken breasts in the oven cooking for them

Original Poster

Thank you to all of you helping our wildlife xx.

jamstaruk1972;7489051

dont forget the foxes either i have 4 chicken breasts in the oven cooking … dont forget the foxes either i have 4 chicken breasts in the oven cooking for them

really ? I'd like to encourage hedghogs as well, but our garden is so well "sealed" they couldn't get in.

Sheena0104;7489112

Thank you to all of you helping our wildlife xx.

wildlife? Im not feeding jordan.

DarkKnight;7488882

Maybe the indian birds will? :-D

smack, lol.

ChipSticks;7488873

It was a serious question, I'm about to chuck half a bag in the bin, don't wanna throw them outside if I'm gonna have to pick them up again in a week, lol

richp;7489140

really ? I'd like to encourage hedghogs as well, but our garden is so … really ? I'd like to encourage hedghogs as well, but our garden is so well "sealed" they couldn't get in.

foxes cant get into my garden either so i put food on the driveway

Original Poster

[QUOTE=ChipSticks;7489247]smack, lol.

It was a serious question, I'm about to chuck half a bag in the bin, don't wanna throw them outside if I'm gonna have to pick them up again in a week, lol[/QUOT

I would throw them in the bin...x

Sheena0104;7489289

[QUOTE=ChipSticks;7489247]smack, lol.It was a serious question, I'm about … [QUOTE=ChipSticks;7489247]smack, lol.It was a serious question, I'm about to chuck half a bag in the bin, don't wanna throw them outside if I'm gonna have to pick them up again in a week, lol[/QUOTI would throw them in the bin...x

Don't waste food

Original Poster

richp;7489140

really ? I'd like to encourage hedghogs as well, but our garden is so … really ? I'd like to encourage hedghogs as well, but our garden is so well "sealed" they couldn't get in.

Hedgehogs should be hibernating now... try putting out some food for the hedgies in spring time x

you got me thinking when you posted about feeding the birds & i was looking around youtube for ideas on making bird cakes & found this vid using fir/pine cones stuffed with lard & birdfood, brilliant idea as there are hundreds of the things that just get swept up & binned :thinking:

]http//ww…ted

Original Poster

richp;7495626

you got me thinking when you posted about feeding the birds & i was … you got me thinking when you posted about feeding the birds & i was looking around youtube for ideas on making bird cakes & found this vid using fir/pine cones stuffed with lard & birdfood, brilliant idea as there are hundreds of the things that just get swept up & binned :thinking:]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZCKlUwYuU&feature=related

You're right...... Bet we throw aways all sorts of food which could be used to help our wildlife. Thanks for the Youtube clip x

Every species for themselves man. Let them find their own food
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions