Groups

Please Value My Laptop

advent 8315

exactly two years old

intel core duo processor
    2GB Ram
    100GB storage

Knackered battery which always needs to be plugged in. selling this on and would like a rough price

rep left for any help thanks

14 Comments

CPU Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5300 (1.73GHz)
    Chipset Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset
    Memory 2GB DDR2 533MHz PC2 4200 SODIMM (2x 1GB)
    Hard Drive 120GB SATA hard drive
    CD / DVD Drive Dual layer DVD±RW
    Video / Graphics Card Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (up to 128MB)
    Monitor 15.4" TFT WXGA (1280x800)
    Sound Card Conexant High Definition Audio
    Modem Agere systems AC'97 modem
    Network Card Realtek 8139 / 810X (Onboard)
    Network Card Intel® Pro 3945ABG wireless LAN
    PC Card 1 x ExpressCard/54 slot
    Case TW3M Chassis
    Battery Simplo SQU-528
    Mouse Synaptics touchpad

With a knackered Battery I'm sure it would be worth 150ish. Sold one on fleabay with a good battery for 200

Original Poster

rep left mate thanks, how long ago did you sell one on ebay? my mum wants this one but i dont want to over charge her and dont know if i would want to put a laptop on ebay, may see what their going for on here though

Just over a month ago. Advent battery is over 130quid (Partsmaster.co.uk) - a cheap one on ebay is 30quid but not guaranteed to work (usually an import from somewhere)

Original Poster

its either the battery or charger thats knackered, but the charger is a loose connection and if it comes loose, the battery only has a few minutes of life, what should i expect for it?

bout one fiddy

on Ebay thats nothing more than a "spares or repair" laptop to be honest. You might get yourself in hot water if you list it as working. If that is the case - £100 sounds a fair price - but expect to get £50. It all depends who wants it (usually the screen and the drives they want)

i would be interested in this laptop if u do sell it need one as mine went boom!

There are none on fleabay at the moment - except spares & repairs models (broken screen ones)

Original Poster

hmmm cant decide what to do? i dont want to sell it online to someone i dont know who will be unhappy if it breaks cause it does seem to be on its way out, slowing down etc. thanks for advice though

While we're on the subject.... how much for my HP Compaq nc6320 ?

Monkeybumcheeks;6479600

While we're on the subject.... how much for my HP Compaq nc6320 ?

there are many variations:

]http//ww…=wf

Specify which one...

Original Poster

bout one fiddy

i would be interested in this laptop if u do sell it need one as mine … i would be interested in this laptop if u do sell it need one as mine went boom!

Muffin would you be interested in it knowing the condition it is in?

yeh fire away

Original Poster

u can see all the techy stuff at the top of the page, but its 2 years well used, and so naturally going slower than i believe it should. i dont think the battery helps this. the charger is loose in the connection to the laptop and if you move this it will disconect the charging very easily. the battery holds for literally two minutes before going into sleep mode from this. everything else works fine. on the right hand side of the monitor there is a very fine blue line running down the screen, why - i dont know lol. and on the bottom left corner of the laptop there is a very small and minor chip. i dont know enough about laptops to know if it will break tomorrow or last years but theres all the dirty little secrets. if it is any good to you get in touch but a family member does have first refusal which was the reason for this thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs810
      2. word association Game73844475
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767217
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047101

See more discussions