PLEX. Thousands of movies. Free!

Posted 4th Dec
Plex now gives you access to thousands of movies and shows—free. No special equipment, subscription, or special tech skills needed. Discover dozens of new collections to fit every mood. It’s no risk, all reward.

app.plex.tv/des…top
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Mike200504/12/2019 17:16

Everyone likes what's free.

Free crap is still crap even if it's free

Voted hot.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 4th Dec
24 Comments
This isn't a deal ..
How
I stand corrected - it appears Plex has added a free-to-air library of content.

The movies are as bad as you'd expect
Plex itself doesn't provide any content afaik.
They must have done a deal to provide access to this free to air stuff I suppose. Just noticed the original Day of the Dead in the horror library and Escape from New York as well, so maybe not all that terrible
Edited by: "HankHandsome" 4th Dec
plex is amazing
Mike200504/12/2019 17:16

Free crap is still crap even if it's free

Voted hot.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 4th Dec
spannerzone04/12/2019 17:18

Free crap is still crap even if it's free Voted hot.

If you don't have that crap you have nothing. Nothing is good?
I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Plex as we know it.

They're going to offer recommendations from their streaming library based on your own content.
Shane_Carr04/12/2019 17:14

they do since this afternoon
Amazing! But crap. But still Amazing!
I can’t see any?
Thanks Op
Shane_Carr04/12/2019 17:14

04 Dec 2019: "Today is the day we’ll start streaming thousands of free movies, TV shows, extreme sports films, music documentaries, Bollywood musicals, and more."
plex.tv/en-…ee/
Looks like it's going to be ad-supported which is fair enough. Some of the content they're mentioning is actually quite good - American Ultra for one thing. The original Terminator film as well.
I cant see Terminator or anything i've ever heard of before
Sloman04/12/2019 20:55

I cant see Terminator or anything i've ever heard of before

I suspect more films will come over time.
paulj4804/12/2019 17:20

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Plex as we know …I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Plex as we know it.They're going to offer recommendations from their streaming library based on your own content.

I hope not, but think you are dead right.

no sooner is a platform held in a high regard for its simplicity, does it come under pressure from investors etc to bow to "additional revenue streams" to capitalise on its subscriber base and lose their way...
HankHandsome04/12/2019 20:27

Looks like it's going to be ad-supported which is fair enough. Some of …Looks like it's going to be ad-supported which is fair enough. Some of the content they're mentioning is actually quite good - American Ultra for one thing. The original Terminator film as well.

Seems a bit top heavy on the ads, I had to watch ads at start I forwarded the movie a bit and another three popped up! I just closed the App then...
malnuman04/12/2019 21:57

Seems a bit top heavy on the ads, I had to watch ads at start I …Seems a bit top heavy on the ads, I had to watch ads at start I forwarded the movie a bit and another three popped up! I just closed the App then...

Just wait till they put ads in our own content for users without a pass
paulj4804/12/2019 22:36

Just wait till they put ads in our own content for users without a pass

If that happens then i'll go straight back to Kodi. I'd prefer Emby but that just doesn't seem to work for my setup.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions