Plot to oust Theresa May breaks into the open

Found 6th Oct 2017
Here we go at last, better than Coronation street.

ft.com/con…72c

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
48 Comments

Subscribe to read:
Plot to oust Theresa May breaks into the open

If it’s true, I don’t see it as a bad things, as long as they get an actual pro-Bexit minister in.

Edit: It makes sense now
theguardian.com/pol…pps
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 6th Oct 2017

If you'd rather not subscribe to the FT just to read one article then here's a link from the Indy which I assume covers the same story.

independent.co.uk/new…tml

Edit: Seems as though @david_wavid and @Predikuesi beat me to it
Edited by: "RossD89" 6th Oct 2017

The week that just keeps on giving. You couldn't make half this stuff up.

Simon Brodkin - the comedian who turned the Tory civil war nuclear, possibly bringing down a government with a single piece of paper.

I suspect after the latest round of ridicule she'll resign before she's pushed out.

Happy days.

Original Poster

The Gordon Brown effect.

freakstyler51 m ago

The week that just keeps on giving. You couldn't make half this stuff up. …The week that just keeps on giving. You couldn't make half this stuff up. Simon Brodkin - the comedian who turned the Tory civil war nuclear, possibly bringing down a government with a single piece of paper. I suspect after the latest round of ridicule she'll resign before she's pushed out. Happy days.

Much more like a piece of paper that has sunk the entire country if you were foreigners looking in. Brexit and politicians may utterly P45 the nation.

david_wavid50 m ago

The Gordon Brown effect.

More like Tarzan Heseltine effect coming.

The tragic thing is there is no one in any party that could do a better job than wobbly PM May.

This is a country run by a bunch of snowflakes that get into power because of the snowflake public voting for them.....

R.i.p. UK.

I think that there are more Tories on their knees pleading her to stay to see through Brexit than those asking her to go.

If you cast your mind back to the penultimate Tory election victory when Cameron was beaming with smile ear-to-ear and had announced the EU referendum, amongst other measures, the whole Tory team had a vision and a task to fortify the Tory position in politics post New Labour (they didn't quite do it last time as they had to form a pact with Lib-Dem) ....what has changed?! ==> The 48:52%. Then they polished their daggers of the unexpected result. The plotter is opposed to Brexit (he was the guy that backed Cameron into Downing Street, he is out to sink Brexit by foul is fair, hover through the fog and filthy air as the Brexit ship set sail to outside of the EU a year ago).

hooray.henry49 m ago

The tragic thing is there is no one in any party that could do a better …The tragic thing is there is no one in any party that could do a better job than wobbly PM May.This is a country run by a bunch of snowflakes that get into power because of the snowflake public voting for them.....R.i.p. UK.

Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a neologistic term used to characterize the young adults of the 2010s as being more prone to taking offence and less resilient than previous generations, or as being too emotionally vulnerable to cope with views that challenge their own.

Your definition (obsession/perversion) of the phrase Snowflake needs revising.

I hope they get rid of that silly woman. I support all women but this one, I can not do so as she is so stupid and a danger to the UK!

Well at least the snake has crawled out from the stone and been identified- I bet the other 30 are wetting themselves at the thought of being identified with him. Hope they all get named.

I’m not a Tory supporter, however, I think those named should be sacked. With Brexit looming, this is not the time for these career politicians to be adding to their C.V. with their leadership aspirations. The country needs stability, not all this nonsense.

Original Poster

Biddy25 m ago

I’m not a Tory supporter, however, I think those named should be sacked. W …I’m not a Tory supporter, however, I think those named should be sacked. With Brexit looming, this is not the time for these career politicians to be adding to their C.V. with their leadership aspirations. The country needs stability, not all this nonsense.

Its not like she is doing a particularly good job, neither are the EU leaders taking her seriously.

david_wavid13 m ago

Its not like she is doing a particularly good job, neither are the EU …Its not like she is doing a particularly good job, neither are the EU leaders taking her seriously.

Take your pick - who could you confidently back to do a better job given the current circumstances?

david_wavid23 m ago

Its not like she is doing a particularly good job, neither are the EU …Its not like she is doing a particularly good job, neither are the EU leaders taking her seriously.

It’s not like any of her party (or other parties) are doing a good job, so we’ll have this constant switching of Tory leaders until Brexit goes to hell and the country suffers for it. The EU leaders aren’t taking the whole country seriously because of the Tory party. She’s just their scapegoat.

May goes, the pound falls, our economy suffers and the Tories carry on this pathetic infighting all the way up to Brexit where we all get shafted once and for all. We’ll never be taken seriously by the EU or the rest of the world after all this. It’s an embarassment.

Let's be honest we all want 'the Boris' as PM and Jacob Rees-mogs as Secretary of State.

catbeans24 m ago

Let's be honest we all want 'the Boris' as PM and Jacob Rees-mogs as …Let's be honest we all want 'the Boris' as PM and Jacob Rees-mogs as Secretary of State.

No, no we don't.

Biddy21 h, 5 m ago

With Brexit looming, this is not the time for these career politicians to …With Brexit looming, this is not the time for these career politicians to be adding to their C.V. with their leadership aspirations. The country needs stability, not all this nonsense.

If theresa may wanted stability during brexit, might i suggest that calling a snap election after triggering article 50, is perhaps not the best idea. Its all on her head.

Josh.Rogan12 m ago

If theresa may wanted stability during brexit, might i suggest that …If theresa may wanted stability during brexit, might i suggest that calling a snap election after triggering article 50, is perhaps not the best idea. Its all on her head.

I mentioned in an earlier related thread - she faced a very difficult decision in relation to the EU exit when calling the June election. If she had not, she would have faced continual accusations of having no personal mandate to conduct the negotiations, and our proposed exit date would have been running close to a required election by 2020. This would have led to that election being purely based on people's opinion of the terms agreed, rather than any wider policy propositions. In effect, it would have been another Referendum on the Referendum, and no PM would want to call an election with a historical indication of a 52 / 48% split electorate.

Saturn5 m ago

I mentioned in an earlier related thread - she faced a very difficult …I mentioned in an earlier related thread - she faced a very difficult decision in relation to the EU exit when calling the June election. If she had not, she would have faced continual accusations of having no personal mandate to conduct the negotiations, and our proposed exit date would have been running close to a required election by 2020. This would have led to that election being purely based on people's opinion of the terms agreed, rather than any wider policy propositions. In effect, it would have been another Referendum on the Referendum, and no PM would want to call an election with a historical indication of a 52 / 48% split electorate.

I agree with this, an election then was mandatory and it was perfect timing, all advised by all those around her.

It was perfect timing the media had even lined up a facial expression expert to critique Corbyn's blinking his eyes, like so many blinks per second. Every? Tory then thought May had stilletoed her high heels to Corbyn's face into the gutter.
Eyes blinking - oh help, what shall I do,help!:

Snap Election - a reprise :

"I have full support of the cabinet"

iDealYou13 m ago

..... and the desk

32192429-9mlhh.jpg

..... as well as the lectern.

32192429-qIkcZ.jpg

It would be a tragedy to see Theresa May ousted given that in Florence she showed she has the vision for Brexit that will make this country great again! And the tories shouldn't forget that she has a strong mandate to lead the country by winning the recent election as pointed out by Gove today.

Saturn1 h, 11 m ago

If she had not, she would have faced continual accusations of having no …If she had not, she would have faced continual accusations of having no personal mandate to conduct the negotiations

Bless, a politician having to put up with 'continual accusations' - Well, that all worked out well didn't it, she lost her party seats and she got a good deal on buying some politicians for 10bn who still vote against her. Luckily though, those pesky accusations have stopped

Josh.Rogan1 h, 31 m ago

If theresa may wanted stability during brexit, might i suggest that …If theresa may wanted stability during brexit, might i suggest that calling a snap election after triggering article 50, is perhaps not the best idea. Its all on her head.

Josh.Rogan7 m ago

Bless, a politician having to put up with 'continual accusations' - Well, …Bless, a politician having to put up with 'continual accusations' - Well, that all worked out well didn't it, she lost her party seats and she got a good deal on buying some politicians for 10bn who still vote against her. Luckily though, those pesky accusations have stopped

RedLozzer7 m ago

It would be a tragedy to see Theresa May ousted given that in Florence she …It would be a tragedy to see Theresa May ousted given that in Florence she showed she has the vision for Brexit that will make this country great again! And the tories shouldn't forget that she has a strong mandate to lead the country by winning the recent election as pointed out by Gove today.

Perhaps Jacob explains better the situation then before June, unless we have a time machine, it was a fantastic strategic decision then (though as Jacob said in this video, always a risk with voters) and in hindsight, but only with the benefit of this;-
Edited by: "splender" 6th Oct 2017

splender13 m ago

it was a fantastic strategic decision

I do think that you and jacob rees mogg may differ from me on little fundamentals such as what constitutes a 'fantastic strategic decision' - a decision that leaves a party having to stump up 10bn to buy support.... certainly bodes well for brexit negotiations...

Question: Is she in a better position now after this 'fantastic strategic decision'?

Josh.Rogan11 m ago

I do think that you and jacob rees mogg may differ from me on little …I do think that you and jacob rees mogg may differ from me on little fundamentals such as what constitutes a 'fantastic strategic decision' - a decision that leaves a party having to stump up 10bn to buy support.... certainly bodes well for brexit negotiations...Question: Is she in a better position now after this 'fantastic strategic decision'?

Yes for some criteria and no for other criteria, but overall she is in better position, the electoral mandate is one strong point even when she has no overall majority, which is the same sort of politcial situation all over Europe such as in Germany, Belgium, Nederlands.... Percentage of time of single-party governments vs. governments that were coalitions in western European countries, 1945–99 : source : blogs.lse.ac.uk/pol…le/

32192891-80cx2.jpg

Her difficulties are the same internals ones as the ones which dogged the Tories since 1975.
Any other alternative leader will have these difficulties too, just saying..

And the DUP scenario is irrelevant, you are crossing time lines using a time machine , you didn't tell any one of this before June, did you ? Can you even find anyone who addressed this DUP and 10 bn before June as a risk?!

Josh.Rogan27 m ago

Bless, a politician having to put up with 'continual accusations' - Well, …Bless, a politician having to put up with 'continual accusations' - Well, that all worked out well didn't it, she lost her party seats and she got a good deal on buying some politicians for 10bn who still vote against her. Luckily though, those pesky accusations have stopped

With such a finely-tuned political antennae, and faultless foresight, you should put yourself forward as a campaign strategist. Unfortunately decision-makers have to make decisions, often delicately balanced ones which don't offer the luxury of an obvious good and bad outcome to choose from. The constant mantra of 'no mandate' would have been problematic to already difficult negotiations and a subsequent election campaign.

P.S. £10bn? Are you Diane Abbott?

splender8 m ago

Yes for some criteria and no for other criteria, but overall she is in …Yes for some criteria and no for other criteria, but overall she is in better position

I'd like you to, rather than waffle off on side points, as is your want, tell me how she is in a better position.
splender8 m ago

And the DUP scenario is irrelevant, you are crossing time lines using a …And the DUP scenario is irrelevant, you are crossing time lines using a time machine

If you consider, as i do, that what you take to be a 'fantastic strategic decision' as a 'ridiculously stupid gamble' then its not irrelevant.

Saturn8 m ago

P.S. £10bn? Are you Diane Abbott?

fair shout

lest us not forget, the woes started with Cameron doing a chicken

He :-

1/ Won an election with mandate and booted out Lib-Dems,
2/ Used the EU referendum as a mother-of-all-f* tool to settle all differences once and for all,
3/ Had plenty of time, 2 years? , to lead the "No" and "Yes" costed proposals and solutions for the voters,
4/ Had a majority for 5 years.

Josh.Rogan10 m ago

I'd like you to, rather than waffle off on side points, as is your want, …I'd like you to, rather than waffle off on side points, as is your want, tell me how she is in a better position.If you consider, as i do, that what you take to be a 'fantastic strategic decision' as a 'ridiculously stupid gamble' then its not irrelevant.

I shall reiterate, she led an election and won, before, she was not a leader and she did not win an election. By European political standard . as shown by chart above, she won convincingly.

You want to take her to task personally, then that was how she has bettered herself personally.
Edited by: "splender" 6th Oct 2017

Saturn3 h, 8 m ago

Take your pick - who could you confidently back to do a better job given …Take your pick - who could you confidently back to do a better job given the current circumstances?

32193229-Oez0U.jpg

.........time passes

catbeans3 h, 56 m ago

Let's be honest we all want 'the Boris' as PM and Jacob Rees-mogs as …Let's be honest we all want 'the Boris' as PM and Jacob Rees-mogs as Secretary of State.

32193825-YDtjN.jpg

The really scary thing is if you 'believe' opinion polls
that is what the Tory membership wants

splender1 h, 13 m ago

[Image] .........time passes

Much like slugs I guess the really will eat anything

picked one up this summer by the shell and it reached around and started eating my thumb !

Josh.Rogan3 h, 37 m ago

Maybe she was hoping they would lose it and Labour would be handed the gigantic turd of brexit the tories created?

iDealYou2 h, 59 m ago

The 'Et Tu party' indeed. Tories are without equal in back-stabbing - compare pathetic Labour cronies trying to get rid of Brown/Corbyn - chalk and cheese.

Wongy11057 m ago

[Image] The really scary thing is if you 'believe' opinion polls that is …[Image] The really scary thing is if you 'believe' opinion polls that is what the Tory membership wants

huffingtonpost.com/dav…tml

thefederalist.com/201…ts/

uthink.tv/?p=8

larrysmusings.com/201…ng/

dailykos.com/sto…Why

They all know manipulation goes on - it's funny watching them accusing each other of doing it (which they all are).

thegatewaypundit.com/201…mp/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants