EXPIRED

pls reccommend laptop £400

A friend of mines looking for a new laptop, not netbook.

she wants it to be 'good looking, slick and red' lol but will sacrifice the looks for better specs, she will only be using it for browsing Internet, word processing, running some text to speech software and burning cd's.

I've seen the HP with i3 processor for £399 at pc world which has pretty good specs

and seen the samsung r530 which meets her criteria of appearance at £399.

I personally would go with an i3 processor and ddr3 ram, it will have better resale value in a few years (if it lasts)

she wanted to spend £300 but i bought her budget upto £400 so she can get something decent with a known reliable brand name.so may be able to push her a £100 more if a laptop has specs and appearance.

ps she would prefer new but will consider refurbished and used.

16 Comments

Hi, dont know if it will be of any interest to you but i have a brand new boxed and sealed dell 1750 on a thread on here. £350.

Oh btw if the HP your refering to is the brown looking one then i had that for about a day. its painfully slow, the touch pad is nasty and it has a weird patterned casing which i hated, its not worth bothering with. HP and other manufacturers make these laptops, PC world and the like advertise them at £499 (which its not worth) and then reduce the price (to £399) and advertise the hell out of it (and its still not worth it!)

Ive worked for them and still know people who do, its what they do!

Original Poster

i seen your listing and sounds good, i might be coming up birmingham, i will message you if laptop is still available but any chance of you lowering the price a little bit?

Errm i dont think im going to move on £350 tbh mate as that is a great price. Its £530 on PC World and this is the same condition as buying direct from them! Box is sealed and still over 11 months warrenty left.

Banned

Any attempt at trading outside fs/ft will result in both threads closed.

aScottishBloke;8708881

Neither of us have tried to do any trading yet so your comments are unjustifyed. He knows where the thread is and can comment there if he wants to trade.

if you want a custom colour lid, then dell is the best choice plus their prices are not bad, you can extend your warranty if you want to after a year.

dh058977;8708957

Neither of us have tried to do any trading yet so your comments are … Neither of us have tried to do any trading yet so your comments are unjustifyed. He knows where the thread is and can comment there if he wants to trade.

He is referring to the quote "ps she would prefer new but will consider refurbished and used."

which could have 2 meanings.

lilraul;8708962

He is referring to the quote "ps she would prefer new but will consider … He is referring to the quote "ps she would prefer new but will consider refurbished and used."which could have 2 meanings.

No, i dont think so mate because he said "both" threads refering to this one and the one where i have my laptop for sale!

Banned

dh058977;8708604

Hi, dont know if it will be of any interest to you but i have a brand new … Hi, dont know if it will be of any interest to you but i have a brand new boxed and sealed dell 1750 on a thread on here. £350.

Cross promoting your own thread.

Ghulam35;8708802

i seen your listing and sounds good, i might be coming up birmingham, i … i seen your listing and sounds good, i might be coming up birmingham, i will message you if laptop is still available but any chance of you lowering the price a little bit?

OP now starts negotiations.

dh058977;8708824

Errm i dont think im going to move on £350 tbh mate as that is a great … Errm i dont think im going to move on £350 tbh mate as that is a great price. Its £530 on PC World and this is the same condition as buying direct from them! Box is sealed and still over 11 months warrenty left.

You reject going lower.

aScottishBloke;8708881

My warning to you pair.

dh058977;8708957

Neither of us have tried to do any trading yet so your comments are … Neither of us have tried to do any trading yet so your comments are unjustifyed. He knows where the thread is and can comment there if he wants to trade.

You're completely wrong and have just ensured your original thread is now closed and you cannot relist until a period of 7 full days have elapsed/. If you wish to discuss, use the Contact Us option.

dh058977;8708987

No, i dont think so mate because he said "both" threads refering to this … No, i dont think so mate because he said "both" threads refering to this one and the one where i have my laptop for sale!

seems like you deleted some of your posts which shows you were dealing in the thread.

aScottishBloke;8708996

Cross promoting your own thread.OP now starts negotiations.You reject … Cross promoting your own thread.OP now starts negotiations.You reject going lower.My warning to you pair.You're completely wrong and have just ensured your original thread is now closed and you cannot relist until a period of 7 full days have elapsed/. If you wish to discuss, use the Contact Us option.

Oh no, im so upset :roll:

lilraul;8708997

seems like you deleted some of your posts which shows you were dealing in … seems like you deleted some of your posts which shows you were dealing in the thread.

Seems like your wrong, i didnt delete anything. in fact i was wondering where they were myself.

ok...

Banned

dh058977;8709009

Oh no, im so upset :roll:

dh058977;8709014

Seems like your wrong, i didnt delete anything. in fact i was wondering … Seems like your wrong, i didnt delete anything. in fact i was wondering where they were myself.

I removed them as you shouldn't be extending your fs/ft thread on here, surely you couldn't have forgot what you entered moments ago ?

You can deal with the issues on your return.

Original Poster

sorry didn't realize that its against the rules, will remember in future.

anyone have any reccomendations?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions