Plug Adapter/Convertor

3 replies
Found 19th Jun 2008
I have the following U.S/Chinese Power plug for my 7 port USB Hub (2 flat pins)


Details on the Plug are
PRS AC/DC Adapter
INPUT: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
OUTPU: 5V---2A

I'm looking for an adapter/convertor so I can use it in a U.K socket (3 pin). I'm really not sure what I need. People I've spoken to say I'll need a power convertor not just an adapter due to the differences in voltage, to prevent myself from frying it. The power convertors/adapters I've seen won't fit the pluf due to the shape of it. Any pointers greatly appreciated, obviously i'll take safety over price on this one but as always the cheaper the better.

  1. Ask
  1. Ask

as it support 240V, you wouldnt need a converter, just a plug adaptor and pm'ed

yup, somtin like this

Original Poster

I work in an airport so I've seen that one, just wasn't sure about power conversion, thanks though. Problem is, that one specifically isn't a flat connection, it has a raised ridge around it which means my PSU wouldn't slot in perfectly it's be slightly protruding.
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. disneyland paris tickets11
    2. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    3. Whey protien621
    4. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37
    5. Camera lens33

    See more discussions