Plug and drive (black box)

4 replies
Found 19th Jan
I searched everywhere and could not find an answer.
I have agreed to have Admiral's Driver Plug & Drive box in my car for 3 months. It's a simple installation, just plug it into the cigarette lighter. I have front and back 12V sockets already taken so I had planned to connect it in the boot. However, now I read on the attached manual that I should avoid putting it in the boot of the car.
Can anyone explain to me why is that? I'd really would like to know what's the difference and what it might do to the readings (as I assume this is about that).
Any help greatly appreciated. Boot means for me, the box and the cables are safe (kids, animals, e.t.c.)

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

possibly picking up GPS reception issues.
why not just get an adaptor, lidl were doing them on Sunday £2.99, they were posted on hukd.
Edited by: "shadey12" 19th Jan

As shady says, they run using the GPS system, metal blocks the signals.

Good luck with it, I hope it works better than their early efforts. That one kept showing my sister speeding in a 30mph zone, when she was actually driving in a 40-60mph zone on a parallel road over 100 metres away.

get a dual socket adapter

Original Poster

Oh wow, I've not realised that the GPS can be a problem. I thought it might be something to do with the trajectory being different or something when the box is in the boot
It's an estate, so signal should be ok. Thank you all!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47386
    2. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    3. Win free gin for a year88
    4. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44

See more discussions