Expired

PluginInstall.exe Shenzhen Wondershare Information

Found 25th Mar 2015
When I start my computer, before i can logon, i am getting a window that want to install this "pluginInstall.exe Shenzhen Wondershare Information Technology Co., Ltd". I Googled it and it does not look harmful, but it looks like users don't install it. How can I get rid of the window for good, other than clicking on cancel every day? THanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Download MalwareBytes free (here), run a scan and get it to delete the file.
Sounds like a 'browser helper' that redirects search traffic to their site.
As Ar460rn has stated this is kinda spyware and malwarebytes should remove it.
You can also try spybot and Sophos to remove this rubbish. If you experience problems I advise running the tools in safe mode which should ensure full removal.
Original Poster
Ar460rn

Download MalwareBytes free (here), run a scan and get it to delete the … Download MalwareBytes free (here), run a scan and get it to delete the file. Sounds like a 'browser helper' that redirects search traffic to their site.

Thanks, already had the scan ran twice, nothing detected. It may be a legit program, but i don't want to take the chance, plus it is strange that it starts when i start the computer (before login)
J
CCleaner will identify things running on startup and also "browser helper objects".
Give that a go:
piriform.com/ccl…oad
when you log in, go to task manager-proceses tab and see if you can find the program (that program must be there if it starts up before the login). if you can then right click on it and open file location and delete the file.
Don't delete the file manually.

Run msconfig, then select "Startup" tab. Deselect the offending startup program. Then run malwarebytes or other anti-spyware/malware/virus programs in safe mode to detect and remove file/program.

Step-by-step guide here:
http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

netsquirrel.com/msc…tml
Edited by: "knight01" 25th Mar 2015
The other tool you can try is HiJack This!
It provides a list of files and BHO's that you can choose to remove.
If you don't get anywhere with the previous suggestions, try a HJT scan and post the list of files here.
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 25th Mar 2015
Original Poster
Thanks guys for all the replies and suggestion. I have now run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and Spybot, it came out with a few tracking cookies etc, nothing major, Spybot also scanned my PC on reboot. But the windows still appeared (actually it is after i log on, not before). Next i did what knight01 suggested and turned off a couple of program that were linked to uploading plugins. I restarted the PC and this time there was no window popping up. I guess it fixed it (for now at least), thank you knight01!
J

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions