Plum saving

Posted 16th Jun 2020
Does anybody use Plum. Is it a good technique and anybody use the pro version
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
My auntie raves about it, I'm unsure whether she uses the pro version though.
I've just started on a trial and finding it ok. It doesnt seem to be as aggressive as taking money as Chip is (i.e. it is averaging about £12 per withdrawal to Chips' £90!).

I like the idea of the funds and have set that up as a trial but the app is very much orientated towards changing energy suppliers etc. which I dont really like - there is no way to turn it off if you are tied in for example.
markmc99916/06/2020 10:52

I've just started on a trial and finding it ok. It doesnt seem to be as …I've just started on a trial and finding it ok. It doesnt seem to be as aggressive as taking money as Chip is (i.e. it is averaging about £12 per withdrawal to Chips' £90!). I like the idea of the funds and have set that up as a trial but the app is very much orientated towards changing energy suppliers etc. which I dont really like - there is no way to turn it off if you are tied in for example.

Ah I don’t need to switch energy suppliers as live at home hmmm may just use the basic version then. Have you used the stocks and shares bit?
ndyanem16/06/2020 11:02

Ah I don’t need to switch energy suppliers as live at home hmmm may just u …Ah I don’t need to switch energy suppliers as live at home hmmm may just use the basic version then. Have you used the stocks and shares bit?

Yes I have.

I've set up a standard account (already have ISA so couldnt do one of them) and splitting money between two funds. Seems to be working really well.
markmc99916/06/2020 11:05

Yes I have. I've set up a standard account (already have ISA so couldnt do …Yes I have. I've set up a standard account (already have ISA so couldnt do one of them) and splitting money between two funds. Seems to be working really well.

I’ve just set up an isa last week so was looking at the stocks and shares but it’s all confusing
Well I doesn’t look like I’ll be using plum. It keeps disconnecting my account. Ah well
Edited by: "ndyanem" 17th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text