Plumbers quick question

Banned
Before i tile the bathroom floor. Are flexi hoses and speed fit connectors okay for heating pipes? They'll hold for at least 20 yrs right?

5 Comments

Just had a radiator put in and the plumber says the speed fits are fine. good for spaces you cant get a soldering torch in to

Just make sure you pencil mark the pipe the distance back it should be when the joint is fitted correctly, otherwise you may push the joint together and think its all the way home when its not. They can last for days/weeks before letting go if not fully assembled.

Original Poster Banned

MikeT

Just make sure you pencil mark the pipe the distance back it should be … Just make sure you pencil mark the pipe the distance back it should be when the joint is fitted correctly, otherwise you may push the joint together and think its all the way home when its not. They can last for days/weeks before letting go if not fully assembled.

ekk!

Dont ask how I know oO I got a bit blasé after a dozen or so and started not penciling them.

After one let go weeks later I promised myself I would always check each joint....

Original Poster Banned

MikeT

Dont ask how I know oO I got a bit blasé after a dozen or so and started … Dont ask how I know oO I got a bit blasé after a dozen or so and started not penciling them.After one let go weeks later I promised myself I would always check each joint....

a dozen? lol yeah that is a bit much. Only got one, mostly been using compression joints on the other non heating pipes. Only I can get to the others by taking the bath panel off, the heating pipes being under the floor boards well I'd have to rip all the tiles up to get to them.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 4th Feb 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763819
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414314049
    3. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders22
    4. GOT Leaks again413

See more discussions