Plumbing advice - Flexible tap connectors

Found 11th Feb 2015
Just moved into a new house and all the flexible tap connectors are rusty or corroded. I’ve been on screwfix’s website and there are loads of different types so just wondered which type I need for basin hot/cold, bath hot/cold, cistern filler etc And why are there so many different ones i.e. 10mm, 15mm ones?

Also the push fit type ones is it just a matter of cutting the existing pipe that feeds the tap, then push one end on the pipe that’s been cut and screwing the other end to the tap (how good are these as I’m worried they will leak?) My Dad’s house hasn’t got flexible connectors fitted and a tap needs replacing so might as well fit one with an isolator in case it happens again in the future.

screwfix.com/sea…ap+

Cheers all
Community Updates
AskTap
4 Comments
usual standard are all 15mmx1/2" connections except bath taps (bigger) which are 22mmx3/4" connection.
most taps theses days will already come with flexible tap connectors.
For the basin tap they will most likely come with the tap if its a mixer tap, it its separates you will need 15mm x 1/2"
Bath taps will depend on the size of the pipes going to the bath it will be either 15mm or 22mm pipes going to the bath and it will 3/4" connector on the tap side.
toilet will be 15mm x 1/2".
the first number is normally the size of the pipe you are connecting to and the other is the size of the tread on the tap you are fixing to, normally in metric thread sizes 1/2" or 3/4"

Also pushfits are a good idea where u are a diyer or where space is tight nd spanners would struggle to tighten.

Edited by: "kash2013" 11th Feb 2015
kash2013

most taps theses days will already come with flexible tap connectors. For … most taps theses days will already come with flexible tap connectors. For the basin tap they will most likely come with the tap if its a mixer tap, it its separates you will need 15mm x 1/2" Bath taps will depend on the size of the pipes going to the bath it will be either 15mm or 22mm pipes going to the bath and it will 3/4" connector on the tap side.toilet will be 15mm x 1/2".the first number is normally the size of the pipe you are connecting to and the other is the size of the tread on the tap you are fixing to, normally in metric thread sizes 1/2" or 3/4"Also pushfits are a good idea where u are a diyer or where space is tight nd spanners would struggle to tighten.

Don't you mean imperial?
ho5dow

usual standard are all 15mmx1/2" connections except bath taps (bigger) … usual standard are all 15mmx1/2" connections except bath taps (bigger) which are 22mmx3/4" connection.

kash2013

most taps theses days will already come with flexible tap connectors. For … most taps theses days will already come with flexible tap connectors. For the basin tap they will most likely come with the tap if its a mixer tap, it its separates you will need 15mm x 1/2" Bath taps will depend on the size of the pipes going to the bath it will be either 15mm or 22mm pipes going to the bath and it will 3/4" connector on the tap side.toilet will be 15mm x 1/2".the first number is normally the size of the pipe you are connecting to and the other is the size of the tread on the tap you are fixing to, normally in metric thread sizes 1/2" or 3/4"Also pushfits are a good idea where u are a diyer or where space is tight nd spanners would struggle to tighten.

Cheers kash2013 and ho5dow, a great help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants