Plumbing Help (Bidet)

Posted 18th Apr
Can a T-connector fit on a water pipe going to a flush tank?
3444550-hvknC.jpg
The first one is the pipe, then the connector. Can the connector fit on the solid pipe, or only on the loose one shown in the 3rd image?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Would recommend you fitting a full bore isolation valve somewhere further down the supply pipe, like the attached, if you haven't got one already. That will give you the chance to trim off enough of the supply pipe to accommodate the new fitting... and stop any floods if you don't get a good connection for any reason.40454952-MWytS.jpg
10 Comments
You are likely going to have to cut the pipe to size to make it fit
Would recommend you fitting a full bore isolation valve somewhere further down the supply pipe, like the attached, if you haven't got one already. That will give you the chance to trim off enough of the supply pipe to accommodate the new fitting... and stop any floods if you don't get a good connection for any reason.40454952-MWytS.jpg
Dannyrobbo18/04/2020 15:10

You are likely going to have to cut the pipe to size to make it fit

Thanks.
That means I need plumber’s help. I didn’t think about solid pipe there before buying bidet .
Stanmorepark18/04/2020 15:33

Would recommend you fitting a full bore isolation valve somewhere further …Would recommend you fitting a full bore isolation valve somewhere further down the supply pipe, like the attached, if you haven't got one already. That will give you the chance to trim off enough of the supply pipe to accommodate the new fitting... and stop any floods if you don't get a good connection for any reason.[Image]

I got that
40455219-3x5e9.jpg
Djpal12318/04/2020 16:03

I got that [Image]

I’m no plumber but you could replace that section from the isolator with flexi, fix the solid flush tank pipe to the bottom of the toilet and the flexi into that.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 18th Apr
You need to fit a non return valve as well. Read up on Building Regulations for bidets - You could potentially contaminate the water supply if you don't fit one.
Good! Shut if off there to start with. Then there's nothing stopping you from fitting that second isolation valve near the bottom of the straight bit of feed pipe, above the 90 degree corner that goes towards the wall. Then you can still fit your bidet connector inline after cutting enough off the feed pipe above... if you want to avoid using a plumber in lockdown ;-).
Just means you will have two isolation valves but that's no big deal tbh. Just remember to wire wool off all that paint first before trying to connect any type of compression fitting...
Ash_patel123218/04/2020 16:09

You need to fit a non return valve as well. Read up on Building …You need to fit a non return valve as well. Read up on Building Regulations for bidets - You could potentially contaminate the water supply if you don't fit one.

Yes, good point....
Ash_patel123218/04/2020 16:09

You need to fit a non return valve as well. Read up on Building …You need to fit a non return valve as well. Read up on Building Regulations for bidets - You could potentially contaminate the water supply if you don't fit one.

A non return valve is not suitable protection against contamination of the water supply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions