Plumbing help needed Shower Pump?

Found 4th JunEdited by:"GasGaGlide"
So i want a shower pump installed one plumber says its possible with simple pipe etc.

The other says i need reinforced loft and 45 gallon water tank.

Does anyone have a cylinder boiler and a small tank in loft?

Please help as someones meant to come and do it. I have waited ages for a shower to be installed and prefer a shower pump install as pressure is weak.

The Cylinder - there's no room under to put pump maybe under the bath?
2949735-oqSdt.jpg
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenBathroom
12 Comments
Pump can be installed under the bath if needed or even on the wall in the airing cupboard. Pumps can be installed on cylinder systems but not on combi systems.
cmdr_elito14 m ago

Pump can be installed under the bath if needed or even on the wall in the …Pump can be installed under the bath if needed or even on the wall in the airing cupboard. Pumps can be installed on cylinder systems but not on combi systems.

Thank you lastly i have 25 gallon tank. The manual on the Triton T550i says that's fine but most people say 40 gallon i need. Do you know anything aboout?
GasGaGlide4 m ago

Thank you lastly i have 25 gallon tank. The manual on the Triton T550i …Thank you lastly i have 25 gallon tank. The manual on the Triton T550i says that's fine but most people say 40 gallon i need. Do you know anything aboout?

33914511-I6oSf.jpg
The above explains what is needed. The 40 gallon tank is the tank above the cylinder in the diagram but the 25 gallon maybe ok, your plumber will be able to advise.

It’s needed to ensure that there is enough water to feed the cylinder/pump/shower for a reasonable period of time to enable you to shower without running out of water. The tanks need a base but are usually plastic and often collapsible. The bigger the tank the longer your shower can run in a low pressure environment.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 4th Jun
cmdr_elito2 m ago

The above explains what is needed. The 40 gallon tank is the tank above …The above explains what is needed. The 40 gallon tank is the tank above the cylinder in the diagram.It’s needed to ensure that there is enough water to feed the cylinder/pump/shower for a reasonable period of time to enable you to shower without running out of water. The tanks need a base but are usually plastic and often collapsible.

Upon looking in loft it looks like 25 gallon, hopefully it will work or its cheap to put bigger tank in, thanks.
GasGaGlide3 m ago

Upon looking in loft it looks like 25 gallon, hopefully it will work or …Upon looking in loft it looks like 25 gallon, hopefully it will work or its cheap to put bigger tank in, thanks.

33914560.jpg

You’d also need some wood to extend your base support
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 4th Jun
Thank you, you have guided me through what i needed to know very streamlined, like that there are reviews on also, always look for appreciate.
Edited by: "GasGaGlide" 4th Jun
You don't need to replace the tank, you can fit another one in tandem.

With all the expense to fit a pump, you will often find an unvented cylinder is the much better solution.
themorgatron12 h, 25 m ago

You don't need to replace the tank, you can fit another one in tandem. …You don't need to replace the tank, you can fit another one in tandem. With all the expense to fit a pump, you will often find an unvented cylinder is the much better solution.

Awesome tip about the unvented cylinder new to all, will look into that also, thanks for reply
Edited by: "GasGaGlide" 5th Jun
I have not long gone through this, not sure what litre my tank it but it’s around half the size of my siting cupboard so I’d hazard a guess at 25 litres, my pump is installed in the attic and I’ve never had any problems, I have it on the hot and cold. I am a tad wary for example if the little one has had a bath then the partner has had a shower then I want one but so far no issues
I fitted a shower pump to my gravity fed tank to increase pressure. Was awesome, So much better. However I have since had a combi fitted with the tank removed etc.. Plumber said there is a very slight chance that the pump could pump more water out than it could fill etc.. so have to be careful you don't leave it running too long. I never had a problem, Easily filled a bath. Probably faster than I can now with the combi but obviously not as efficient.
The booster we had installed, was a raised platform for the tank, increasing the head height - no pump to go wrong
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants