PLUSNET

Found 25th Jul
I cannot believe the false hype Plusnet portray. There fibre broadband is the worst possible.. down to 0.06 mbps. The have no solutions for this except as follows:

1 - 'Wait a couple weeks it will improve'
2 - 'The 59mbps GUARANTEED speed is just a guide... read the fine print'
3 - 'It must be your laptop, PC and the mobile phones faulty'
4 - 'They are only bound to provide the connection -- not the speed'
5 -'You are not permitted cancel the contract without paying for the full year'

Do you really want this outfit to enter life?
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
Hi @CAR_CAT
Thanks for posting. I've moved this over to misc for you as the feedback section is reserved for issues and discussions relating to HotUKDeals
Post on the PlusNet forums.

1. No
2. It's Guaranteed
3. Possibly, unlikely
4. False
5. False if you have not reached the guaranteed speed.

Not much more that we can add here; they are experts on the forum. They can do a line check tomorrow if you post now to confirm if it is the line or your house wiring/computer.

Welcome to HUKD though - first post Not a deal but a plusnet rant.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 25th Jul
BeerDrinker7 m ago

Hi @CAR_CAT Thanks for posting. I've moved this over to misc for you as …Hi @CAR_CAT Thanks for posting. I've moved this over to misc for you as the feedback section is reserved for issues and discussions relating to HotUKDeals

Does make you wonder how many new users manage to find the sites feedback to complain

Op if you are in the first 14 days you can cancel, you may even have longer.

simplifydigital.co.uk/faq…od/

plus.net/hel…cy/
Always been good for us, we are now in our 3rd contract with them and get over the speed we pay for on fibre, in fact if someone does a cheaper price we have rang them up and they have matched if we start a new contract even in middle of an existing one. Is yours FTTC (fibre to the cabinet)? Could be a bad section between the cabinet and your line or even a bad socket/wiring in your home.
You were missold it you have every right to cancel and leave penalty free, make a complaint using Resolver.
They'll check your line (even if you don't ask them ) . Contrary to your opinion I have always found them to be an excellent helpful company (unlike many others ! ).

If you engaged their help line with a similar tone to your post then I'm not surprised you got terse replies . I wouldn't mind betting its your house end (your problem ) or cabinet to your house (BT Openreach's problem rather than their service .

Maybe next time you decide to chuck the toys out of your pram you should ensure you are chucking them in the right direction .
I've not had any problems with them. BT however......
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 25th Jul
Have you given them 7 days since switch? I'd switch again on day 10 as EE broadband had poor connections too.
Obviously read the terms before you leave and take screen shots
did you run browser baded broadband speed tests using various devices using both ethernet and wi-fi?
you said "down to 0.06 mbps" but from what is the range and how you got this reading?
Edited by: "splender" 25th Jul
eslick3 h, 52 m ago

Does make you wonder how many new users manage to find the sites feedback …Does make you wonder how many new users manage to find the sites feedback to complain Op if you are in the first 14 days you can cancel, you may even have longer. https://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/faqs/what-is-a-broadband-cooling-off-period/https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

14 days is just a cancel anytime, you can cancel anytime for free if they are not giving at least the guaranteed speeds or not providing you the services you paid for
It even says on their page for fibre (I think) up to 60mb no less than 40mb guaranteed
Edited by: "Norseg" 26th Jul
If you switch provider without resolving the issue you will still get the same speed. The infrastructure is all the same unless its cable - such as virgin.
Have you carried out their comprehensive checks they ask you to do?
I had an issue even I first joined them. My speed was slower than yours. DLM (dynamic line management) kept reducing the speed to stabilise the line. I had to complete all their checks over a week, they monitored the line. They could see constant drops in c connection but couldn't tell where it was - why I had to check everything in the house. They sent me a new router. I had the same customer service guy on the phone each time (no explaining to someone new what's going on) talking me throb more checks. The reason behind doing these checks is, if the prone is found in your premises you get charged by OR for the callout and any work, outside its free.
BT guy came, connected outside the premises and looking at his laptop said "You've got 6mbps (copper, not fibre), that's good" then as we watched the monitor the connection dropped. It was outside the house.
Turned out it was a connection in the junction box was loose, everything a bus, lorry or car drove past it vibrated and broke the connection. They tightened it, reset the DLM and I had stable connection and fast speed from there on.
If you don't resolve the problem it won't matter who you are with. They can't just click a switch - if only it was that simple. Give them a chance, work with them and not against them. They have procedures that get results. I'm sure they will resolve the speed issue.
Damn, why did I bother with that last post? Guy only joined to rant. Probably never looked here again. Could even be an EE troll.
I just had the 40/10 service installed with a the new socket etc. and am paying PlusNet and I at the last check I was struggling to get more then about 32 down and 7 up!

The engineer thought I was in a good position to get the full 40/10 but I suppose not.
mrty46 m ago

Damn, why did I bother with that last post? Guy only joined to rant. …Damn, why did I bother with that last post? Guy only joined to rant. Probably never looked here again. Could even be an EE troll.

I was just about to add the same, doubt we will see them back again, even posted in feedback originally probably has no clue what the site is.
The
mrty1 h, 7 m ago

Damn, why did I bother with that last post? Guy only joined to rant. …Damn, why did I bother with that last post? Guy only joined to rant. Probably never looked here again. Could even be an EE troll.

The weakest link is the users who has to do some basic application of problem solving, then the second weakest link is the joins from the house to the roadside junction box. So it is shocking OP has not responded as yet if he did self help problem solving, or has started a process to do so. Sounds like a rant.
Took out fibre with BT with a MGS of 12 Meg. Only got 4, in the end I took it to the Ombudsman (which I wouldn't advise having done it). The end result was that they just dropped my MGS down to 4meg and now less providers will quote me costing me more.
BT were happy when I told them I was going to the Ombudsman, now I know why.
Definitely not on the side of the consumer.
All speeds on ADSL and VDSL are 'up to' speeds.

There is no guarantee of speed as the services are contended.
psychobitchfromhell22 h, 1 m ago

I've not had any problems with them. BT however......

funny that as they are the same company and both use wholesale and openreach network
RicknVic4 h, 40 m ago

All speeds on ADSL and VDSL are 'up to' speeds.There is no guarantee of …All speeds on ADSL and VDSL are 'up to' speeds.There is no guarantee of speed as the services are contended.

no they arnt Plusnet and most major SP's are part of the voluntary OFCOM code of practice which means they must provide you a minimum guaranteed speed (at the socket to prove its not your equipment) they have to tell you this speed if you ask for it or on the order confirmation.

If you dont get the minimum guaranteed speed at the socket (even after an openreach visit) you can walk away at no cost

"Up to" doesnt exist once you place an order its the speed range and the minimum guaranteed speed
jase.25 m ago

funny that as they are the same company and both use wholesale and …funny that as they are the same company and both use wholesale and openreach network

Is their customer service. Diabolical
I’ve never had any problems with Plusnet I pay for 38 Mbps and get on average 35 Mbps download and 9 Mbps upload. I’ve also found their customer service very helpful.
mrty26th Jul

You did the right thing, Mrty, I, and probably lots of others, found your post informative and helpful. So, thanks.

I'm not directly affected by the issue, but some family and friends are, and I found your post helpful in gaining an insight that I might better understand what they're talking about.

One of my daughters lives up in Inverness where they can't get fibre.
They used Sky for over a year and found it to be dreadful; they switched to Vodafone and it's been a heck of a lot better (though, still nowhere near the speeds they got in the London area.

They still have occasional issues, but your post (and some of the other posts in the thread) contains information that they might find useful.
So, I'd say I'm glad you bothered to make that post. Thanks.
john18426th Jul

Took out fibre with BT with a MGS of 12 Meg. Only got 4, in the end I took …Took out fibre with BT with a MGS of 12 Meg. Only got 4, in the end I took it to the Ombudsman (which I wouldn't advise having done it). The end result was that they just dropped my MGS down to 4meg and now less providers will quote me costing me more. BT were happy when I told them I was going to the Ombudsman, now I know why.Definitely not on the side of the consumer.

heh i had the same with the financial ombudsman after esure insurance ripped me off with car claim.
Te Ombudsmen staff think they can ignore the law because they are not legally trained, makes you wonder what is the point of them then, if its a dispute involving law they should just saw "we don't do that" instead of messing us around for months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants