Plusnet Fibre Extra (vs SKY) Broadband

Edited by:"guvman"Found 4th Sep 2017
I've been looking to change my Broadband for a while now and was hoping for some opinions on this Plusnet one i found.

Plusnet Fibre Optic Extra (up to 76mbs) For £22.49 a month plus £50 upfront fee. This does NOT include Line Rental - just to be clear im already paying line rental with a phone deal for BT

Now I've looked around and unless I'm mistaken i really cant find a better deal than this without line rental. Everything I've found includes line rental which i don't want because they only do 12month deals and its not really worth it when the prices goes back up after as it'll work out more expensive in the long run. e.g i found a virgin VIVID 100 deal that looked good at first but is really expensive at £38 a month compared to this plusnet one, but virgin wifi is much faster i hear.

Im currently with Sky broadband (standard deal) and im paying around £10 a month not exactly sure cause it was after i rang up and they offered it. I'm currently getting around 6mbs which is awful obviously but if i ring to leave they may offer me a deal on Sky Fibre Max. If im offered Sky Fibre max (75mbs) for roughly the same price as the plusnet one should i stay or move to Plusnet ? whats everyone's thoughts. BTW on plusnet i rang up and they said after 12months they'll likely make it cheaper for me if i ring up which sounds good.

Thanks In Advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

I had sky. I dropped them for plusnet and must admit the customer service is great! When I had problems at first, with the connection dropping the agent I spoke to told me what to try, then texted to ask how I got on. Then phoned me. Talked me through router settings etc. After exhausting everything in the house he got openreach out to check the cabinet and the fault was there. Seemed a bit tedious at the time, but I understand the logic behind it ( if the fault was inside the house, I pay for the engineers visit. Outside the house it's an openreach problem).
The fibre is good and solid. Router provided - just pay delivery (if you uhm and ahh a bit they will give you discounts which make your delivery free. There's a tip). I really can't fault them.

You may get cheaper - but at what real expense?
You already pay line rental to BT? They are limited to what they can do in the way of discounts on internet, but they will give really good discounts on the phone to offset this. So youth can get a really good deal with them.

Plusnet is an independent company set up by BT to satisfy the monopolies commission (ok not mon com, but I think office of fair trade, before someone says but the idea is to give the public a fair choice. ) . If you ring Plusnet in pretty sure they can sort that out for you. Best thing is to give them a call. You have nothing to lose.

I tend to not hunt around too much for better prices for phone and broadband - I ring them up and tell them what I can get and they match it. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the security of knowing I have access to great customer service. THAT'S more important to me than a couple of quid a month.

Oh, and you don't need a micro filter for fibre if your master socket has already had a broadband accelerator faceplate fitted. Out the openreach engineer fits a new one for you.

mrty1 h, 9 m ago

I had sky. I dropped them for plusnet and must admit the customer service …I had sky. I dropped them for plusnet and must admit the customer service is great! When I had problems at first, with the connection dropping the agent I spoke to told me what to try, then texted to ask how I got on. Then phoned me. Talked me through router settings etc. After exhausting everything in the house he got openreach out to check the cabinet and the fault was there. Seemed a bit tedious at the time, but I understand the logic behind it ( if the fault was inside the house, I pay for the engineers visit. Outside the house it's an openreach problem).The fibre is good and solid. Router provided - just pay delivery (if you uhm and ahh a bit they will give you discounts which make your delivery free. There's a tip). I really can't fault them.You may get cheaper - but at what real expense?You already pay line rental to BT? They are limited to what they can do in the way of discounts on internet, but they will give really good discounts on the phone to offset this. So youth can get a really good deal with them. Plusnet is an independent company set up by BT to satisfy the monopolies commission (ok not mon com, but I think office of fair trade, before someone says but the idea is to give the public a fair choice. ) . If you ring Plusnet in pretty sure they can sort that out for you. Best thing is to give them a call. You have nothing to lose. I tend to not hunt around too much for better prices for phone and broadband - I ring them up and tell them what I can get and they match it. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the security of knowing I have access to great customer service. THAT'S more important to me than a couple of quid a month.

Second this for Plusnet. I have Sky for home and Plusnet for business. Plusnet puts Sky to shame, they even update you with emails when you're having line problems.

Ring bt
I have infinity 2 , 76mb for £33.49 including line rental
I opted for a new hub so instead of paying £70 for one they did me a deal
Infinity 2 , plus line rental and new home hub 6 = £35.49 pm
Hth
Post a comment
@
    Text