Plusnet mobile plan change

Found 28th Nov 2017
I recently changed my current plan to a new one on offer via MSE by calling customer service.

I am expecting a new 4G sim to arrive tomorrow, which customer service said was the "refresh date" and that I should call customer service tomorrow to get the new sim activated.

Anyone done anything like this with Plusnet? If so, will my old sim disconnect tomorrow automatically and I have to call customer to activate the new sim and get the number to transfer across?

My old sim is with my dad who lives in London, so I am concerned his sim will get disconnected before I get the new sim and can go to see him to hand it over
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments
i would check with them every time we have changed plans they just did it on the account and didnt require a sim change.
Original Poster
eslick50 m ago

i would check with them every time we have changed plans they just did it …i would check with them every time we have changed plans they just did it on the account and didnt require a sim change.

They said the new plan is 4g and my current sim is 3g so i need the new sim. The sim should have arrived today but it hasnt turned up so i have to wait to see if it turns up tomorrow. I am hoping they will just switch the plan and not disconnect the current sim.
Yeah with 3G you will need a new sim I think when it’s activates the old one switches off it would if you kept the same number.
Original Poster
eslick2 m ago

Yeah with 3G you will need a new sim I think when it’s activates the old o …Yeah with 3G you will need a new sim I think when it’s activates the old one switches off it would if you kept the same number.

I hope that is the case, that they wont cut off the current sim until i call them.
The old sim will go off the minute you phone them to activate the new one. I have just had a replacement sim and that's the way it worked. If you are going to your dads soon I would wait until you are there then phone.
Original Poster
st8mike2 h, 14 m ago

The old sim will go off the minute you phone them to activate the new one. …The old sim will go off the minute you phone them to activate the new one. I have just had a replacement sim and that's the way it worked. If you are going to your dads soon I would wait until you are there then phone.

thanks. the sim has gone awol so i have had to call customer service and they are sending out another one. it was ordered saturday late afternoon so it should have arrived by now.

they said that the new sim will activate at midnight after i call, but sounds like it will activate earlier than that. it means i don't have to rush to london as soon as the new sim arrive (whenever that will be) as my dad's phone will still work until i call them. worry over
mutley11 h, 21 m ago

thanks. the sim has gone awol so i have had to call customer service and …thanks. the sim has gone awol so i have had to call customer service and they are sending out another one. it was ordered saturday late afternoon so it should have arrived by now.they said that the new sim will activate at midnight after i call, but sounds like it will activate earlier than that. it means i don't have to rush to london as soon as the new sim arrive (whenever that will be) as my dad's phone will still work until i call them. worry over

My replacement was ordered on a Friday and took till Tuesday to arrive. They give you a much longer activating period just to cover themselves if it does take a long time, but as a rule if not more or less immediate it will usually be within a 2hr period. Mine took about 10mins. You don't have to call as soon as you get it, just do it when its convienient for you remembering to do it when you don't mind being " off air " for a time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants