Plusnet with Sky Router

Posted 9th Nov
I want to revert back to using my old sky router with Plusnet. The admin page (after typing router up address) tells me broadband is disconnected see image below.

3327887.jpg
Question is which page do I need to access to update the router with my Plusnet username and broadband? I visited all pages on tabbed menu and can't find this.

Previously I was able to use the sky router with Now broadband as I needed four ethernet port which nowtv router does not support.

Tia
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
You might get someone technical on here but I’m with Plusnet and also used a diff router and I called Plusnet who ran me through all the settings in a few minutes it was really easy
toonsquirel09/11/2019 17:02

You might get someone technical on here but I’m with Plusnet and also used …You might get someone technical on here but I’m with Plusnet and also used a diff router and I called Plusnet who ran me through all the settings in a few minutes it was really easy

I second this - give them a call.
BT/Plusnet provide the broadband service in different ways across the wires from the sky method. You may be able to get it working but I suspect not and sky actively do not encourage this or make it easy. You need to set the external DSL parameters, not the internal WiFi and LAN configuration. You could google it on samknows for tips.

You can use BT kit on Plusnet and the Homehub6 is far better than the Plusnet box. You can buy them on eBay.
Edited by: "ccnp" 9th Nov
I thought sky pretty much locked down their routers to only work with their config. Something about MER connections iirc?

Anyhoo, sky and NowTV are basically the same company, using the same routers, so they should work fine. But I would be surprised if you could get it working with a company such as Plusnet.

Surely the easy option is to use the new router (Plusnet?) and if you need more ports, plug an unmanaged network switch in - should be under £15 for a half decent switch, depending on speed and number of ports you want.
Edited by: "alg" 9th Nov
That model in your image looks like an SR102 which may be locked to Sky. Might be worth some lock research before contacting PN.
AndyRoyd09/11/2019 18:00

That model in your image looks like an SR102 which may be locked to Sky. …That model in your image looks like an SR102 which may be locked to Sky. Might be worth some lock research before contacting PN.

Or call PN and ask, probably quicker and definitive - they must have come across this issue many times before.
Type in 192.168.0.1 into your web address bar. Username is admin. Password is Sky then you should be able to change your settings in the router, unless you’ve already done this
Edited by: "azzyhadley" 9th Nov
Ringfinger09/11/2019 19:41

Or call PN and ask, probably quicker and definitive - they must have come …Or call PN and ask, probably quicker and definitive - they must have come across this issue many times before.

Possibly unrealistic to expect a PN support jockey to know the lock status of every other ISPs' devices, but they may happily persistently provide the generic PN config for a locked router that may equally persisently choose to ignore that config, turning the quicker call into a longer and frustrating call. User choice.
AndyRoyd09/11/2019 21:46

Possibly unrealistic to expect a PN support jockey to know the lock status …Possibly unrealistic to expect a PN support jockey to know the lock status of every other ISPs' devices, but they may happily persistently provide the generic PN config for a locked router that may equally persisently choose to ignore that config, turning the quicker call into a longer and frustrating call. User choice.

My experiences with PN support have been great. Very knowledgeable and the one time they didn't have the answer, he took my number and phoned me back with the answer when he said he would. Can't fault them. As I said, with millions of customers I can't believe they haven't had this issue before a few times.
Isn't possible. Or wasn't about 4 months ago when I was looking into it

That reminds me, I really should sell my hh5
Edited by: "woldranger" 10th Nov
azzyhadley09/11/2019 20:59

Type in 192.168.0.1 into your web address bar. Username is admin. Password …Type in 192.168.0.1 into your web address bar. Username is admin. Password is Sky then you should be able to change your settings in the router, unless you’ve already done this

Already tried this. No option to change this
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants