Plymouth Half Marathon Completed

15 replies
Found 25th May 2008
Wooh, i completed my first ever half marathon today - with a time of 1hr 30mins.
This was the 3rd quickest in my age category for under 20's (i am 18) and came 155 out of the 5000 competitors. And quite a lot of them are in running clubs, which i am not, but maybe should be.

just wanted to get it off my chest.

Anyone else ran half or full marathon before? times?

15 Comments

:thumbsup:well done, wait for the mars/snicker jokes.....

Well done, bet you are made up and knackered!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/nicolabrady123/j0434766.png

really wel done

how'd you go about your training for it? I ask because my mates are pesterign me into doing some 10k's and building up to half marathons so any tips you have would be most helpful

Big well done surfer90:thumbsup:

Original Poster

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v255/160/56/575789771/n575789771_916669_6085.jpg
On finishing straight, in my lifeguard top

Original Poster

Thankyou all!! no, i'm not too knackered - i went and played tennis afterwards, this afternoon, after having a 2hr break.

As for the training Allstar2, i have been running in the evenings for the past year or so, mostly 3miles a day, but 7miles a day twice a week and 10miles every sunday.
i eat quite healthily, but it is practice that will help the most

thanks surfer time to get my runnign shoes on then. I have been doing a bit for past few weeks but exams have got in the way so when they finsih am going to get into proper training.

I think i have about 9months but have never ran at any distance before so know i need to get started

Banned

yeah well done mate ,that aint easy

Well done! Where is that picture taken though? I live in Plymouth but can't quite place it.

quality time!!!

very good time, well done..what k per min were you training at ?

Original Poster

angelfairee;2176472

Well done! Where is that picture taken though? I live in Plymouth but … Well done! Where is that picture taken though? I live in Plymouth but can't quite place it.

on The Promenade - by the war memorial, on Hoe

Original Poster

garyagh;2176542

very good time, well done..what k per min were you training at ?

well the last long run i did before the event i did 12miles in 1hr 35mins, so i'm mguessing the extra spurt on the day was all adrenaline.
And when running 3miles in training, that took about 20mins.
Oh, and i never use treadmills - just running outside, usually off road.

Banned

Nice 1 m8, is that Plymouth Hoe i can see in that pic?

Original Poster

DangerGod;2220122

Nice 1 m8, is that Plymouth Hoe i can see in that pic?

Indeed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions