Expired

P&O Ferries Hull to Amsterdam

Found 27th Jan 2014
Hi can someone please tell me where the Hull - Amsterdam Ferry takes you once you reach Rotterdam? Im booking hull to amsterdam via P&O, but it keeps saying Rotterdam

Outward journey
route Hull - Rotterdam
latest check-in Thu 06 Feb 2014 19:00
sailing time Thu 06 Feb 2014 20:30
arrival time Fri 07 Feb 2014 08:15
options 1 x Inside 2 Berth, 2 x Europoort-Amsterdam

Please help so i know where to book a hotel

Its so unclear and there are no specific reviews out there!
Community Updates
AskFerryAmsterdam
19 Comments
There is a free coach that takes you from Rotterdam into the centre of Amsterdam - hope that helps
Thank you so much! i does help but one more thing... is that Amsterdam Central Station?
Katkinnie

There is a free coach that takes you from Rotterdam into the centre of … There is a free coach that takes you from Rotterdam into the centre of Amsterdam - hope that helps

Can i ask why you are not flying its alot cheaper and hell alot quicker like an hour to fly from uk.
archer1204

Can i ask why you are not flying its alot cheaper and hell alot quicker … Can i ask why you are not flying its alot cheaper and hell alot quicker like an hour to fly from uk.

Ive never been on a minicruise before, worth a punt at £85 for 2 people. (as we are staying a extra night) Just to see how it all is really.
Himzzyy

Ive never been on a minicruise before, worth a punt at £85 for 2 people. … Ive never been on a minicruise before, worth a punt at £85 for 2 people. (as we are staying a extra night) Just to see how it all is really.

Ah ok enjoy but i warn you as knowing people who do security on them some treat the ferry as a zoo and even have cells on board if people get a bit out of hand.
Yes the bus takes you to central amsterdam
archer1204

Ah ok enjoy but i warn you as knowing people who do security on them some … Ah ok enjoy but i warn you as knowing people who do security on them some treat the ferry as a zoo and even have cells on board if people get a bit out of hand.Yes the bus takes you to central amsterdam

Oh wow, Thank you so much for the headsup! I was going to ask, as i have read on a few reviews they dont let you take any alcohol on the ferry. Is there a way to sneak some in? or is it airport style checkin system in place?
Himzzyy

Oh wow, Thank you so much for the headsup! I was going to ask, as i have … Oh wow, Thank you so much for the headsup! I was going to ask, as i have read on a few reviews they dont let you take any alcohol on the ferry. Is there a way to sneak some in? or is it airport style checkin system in place?

I am not sure what you are asking as there are many different ways of getting alcohol on board it just depends on the lengths you are willing to goto.

I am not sure what you are asking as there are many different ways of getting alcohol on board it just depends on the lengths you are willing to goto.[/quote]

Ahahaa, I just read what I wrote. I mean do they "Tap you down" for example or something along them lines. I know there must be a metal detector, luggage scanners etc... but if for example i had a small bottle of JD in my jacket would they check?
Himzzyy

I am not sure what you are asking as there are many different ways of … I am not sure what you are asking as there are many different ways of getting alcohol on board it just depends on the lengths you are willing to goto.

Ahahaa, I just read what I wrote. I mean do they "Tap you down" for example or something along them lines. I know there must be a metal detector, luggage scanners etc... but if for example i had a small bottle of JD in my jacket would they check?[/quote]
Normally theres a few bars etc onboard thats why the no alcohol restriction i would have to check but you could always plead ignorance.

Normally theres a few bars etc onboard thats why the no alcohol restriction i would have to check but you could always plead ignorance.[/quote]

Its worth a try i guess! But ill get a cheap bottle of something.... just incase !
archer1204

Can i ask why you are not flying its alot cheaper and hell alot quicker … Can i ask why you are not flying its alot cheaper and hell alot quicker like an hour to fly from uk.

Because if you fly you don't get the 2 great nights on a boat....... and where do you get flights cheaper than £75 for 2 people. A quick look from Liverpool is showing £114 for 1 person
Are you parking your car at the terminal while your away.... that's a bit of a stinger nowadays
I have taken wine in my suitcase without any problems. Bars are a bit expensive but not too bad. The general experience is excellent I am sure you will enjoy it!
went last week. they do an offer of 4 bottles of various beers and lagers for £12 ( i had grolsch 450 ml ), they also ask if you have any alcohol, didn't search me but did others. coach drops at central station, takes about 1hr 45mins. car park is £7 per 24 hrs.
Surprised no ones said this already;

Hopefully the ferry takes you back to Hull.

But yeah as other have said there will be a coach and as long as your not driving then the bars on the ferry are quite good, i've had a good few laughs myself.
If you want to take alcohol, put it in pop bottles, like cherry brandy in a cherry coke bottle or vodka In a sprite bottle. Or keep it on your body as they don't check you personally. Don't take anything that is half full though, they will request to smell the bottles, make sure everything is full!

Also, you need to book the coach from the ferry to Amsterdam on the ferry booking page! Another thing, if you are parking your car, park it in the public car park - you pass it while driving to the proper car park. We parked there and the car was fine, plus it was free! =]

I found alcohol was quite expensive on board and if you buy it from the duty free you're not allowed to take it to your room, they keep it until you dock in the morning =\
But have a great time anyway! =]
Ellie Phant

Are you parking your car at the terminal while your away.... that's a bit … Are you parking your car at the terminal while your away.... that's a bit of a stinger nowadays

Yes i was! It otherwise takes FOREVER To get to Hull!
korinarose4366

If you want to take alcohol, put it in pop bottles, like cherry brandy in … If you want to take alcohol, put it in pop bottles, like cherry brandy in a cherry coke bottle or vodka In a sprite bottle. Or keep it on your body as they don't check you personally. Don't take anything that is half full though, they will request to smell the bottles, make sure everything is full! Also, you need to book the coach from the ferry to Amsterdam on the ferry booking page! Another thing, if you are parking your car, park it in the public car park - you pass it while driving to the proper car park. We parked there and the car was fine, plus it was free! =]I found alcohol was quite expensive on board and if you buy it from the duty free you're not allowed to take it to your room, they keep it until you dock in the morning =\But have a great time anyway! =]

Pop Bottles! Genius!!!
And Ferry to Amsterdam Transfer? There wasn't a option given when booking... thats why i was really confused... But other people seem to suggest its standard to be taken to Amsterdam... Ive booked to Amsterdam theres no chance in hell they will leave me in Rotterdam! loll

And! Parking! yes!! i was looking at the Hull £7 per day one! but if theres something else you recommend thats as safe ! i dont mind! as every little helps!!
Also... Any good cheap Shopping offers that i should look out for?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants