Pocophone F2 - Full Specs $439/£339? Thoughts?

Expert (Beta)63
Posted 15th May 2019
giztop.com/poc…tml

Getting announced today, but it seems giztop have jumped the gun a smidgen.
3230385-8EoAT.jpg6.4-inch AMOLED screen, FHD+ display (2340x1080 pixels).
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor, Adreno 640 GPU.
48MP+16MP+8MP Triple rear cameras, a 20MP AI front camera.
4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB Storage.
4150mAh battery, 18W fast charging.
Suport In-Display Fingerprint Scanner.
MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 (Pie) OS.

MIUI 10 Based on Android 9.0 OS
The Android 9.0 OS is preinstalled on the phone and it is overlaid with MIUI 10 which brings support for full-screen gestures. Offers a fresh, fast platform to help you stay connected and productive while you're on the go.

Multi-language Supported
Poco F2 Global supports multi-language, Azerbaijani, Indonesian, Bahasa Melayu, Catalan, Danish, German, Estonian, English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Spanish (Spain), Spanish(UnitedStates), Basque, French, Galician, Hausa, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Dutch, Norwegian, Uzbek, Polish, Portugese (Brasil), Portugese (Portugal), Romanian, Slovencina, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Vietnamese, Turkish, Czech, Serbian, Croatian, Kazakh, Macedonian, Russian, Ukranian, Bulgarian, Greek, Georgian, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali(India), Gujarati, Punjabi, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Nepali(India), Oriya,Urdu(India), Urdu(Pakistan), Bengali(Bangladesh), Nepali(Nepal), Thai, Burmese, Arabic(Egypt), Persian, Hebrew, Khmer, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Taiwan Traditional), Chinese (Hong Kong Traditional), Japanese.

Compatible with Asia / Europe / Australia Bands
This phone offers 4G LTE-FDD bands: B1/3/5/7/8/20. TDD-LTE B38/40/41(120MHz).

4G LTE Speed
Provides fast Web connection for downloading apps, streaming content and staying connected with social media.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor Up to 6GB RAM
Poco F2 Global is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 mobile platform that includes an octa-core processor that clocks at 2.84 GHz. 4GB/6GB RAM delivers outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens and more.

6.4" AMOLED Waterdrop FHD+ Screen
Poco F2 Global is equipped 6.4 inches Samsung AMOLED display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The screen delivers FHD+ resolution of 2340x 1080 pixels, which offers an impressive screen-to-body ratio of 90.7 percent.

48MP+16MP+8MP Rear Cameras and A 20MP Front Camera
Poco F2 Global packs tripe rear cameras, 48MP Sony IMX 586 + 16MP Telephoto + 8MP Wide-Angle.
The 48MP Sony IMX586 1/2"-the sensor is with 0.8µm pixels, f/1.75-aperture. This camera increases the pixel size to 1.6um at 12Mp, with its '4-in-1 Super Pixels' allowing in four times more light than a single pixel. The 16M ultra-wide-angle Sony IMX481 sensor supports a 117º field of view and 4cm macro photography. The 8MP telephoto sensor f/2.2-aperture. Both have 1.0um pixels and an f/2.2 aperture. Super slow-mo at 960fps is also supported.
The 20-megapixel selfie camera is placed inside the notch. Apart from 3D facial recognition, it offers features like 3D Beauty, 10 kinds of AI scene detection, mirror function and HDR.

64GB/128GB UFS Storage
64GB/128GB memory provides plenty of storage space for your contacts, music, photos, apps and more.

4150mAh Battery and 18W Fast Charge
The Poco F2 Global is packed with 41500mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.

5th Generation In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
ThePoco F2 Global has an in-display fingerprint reader that enables users to unlock the phone simply touch and scan fingerprint sensor that is embedded in its display.

Use Your Smartphone As A Mobile Hotspot
Share your 4G data connection with other compatible wireless devices.

Listen to Your Favorite Tunes
Store and play your MP3 files on your phone. The sound has also been improved with 'industry's best linear speaker, which is equivalent to 0.9cc large speaker box with deeper bass, Smart PA uses dynamic gain to amplify sound by 100%.

Dual SIM Dual Standby (Nano SIM + Nano SIM)
Depends on device memory and network availability. Additional carrier charges may apply.

@Uridium@bitcoin5
Community Updates
Misc
63 Comments
It's excellent apparently, according to the two reviews on giztop.com.
mcm90015/05/2019 10:29

It's excellent apparently, according to the two reviews on giztop.com.

Certainly looks interesting, though the picture above has a rear finger sensor, and the details say inscreen, I'm hoping it's the former
Amazing.

4150mAH with a SD 855 and AMOLED screen? This is going to be a battery beast.
3.5mm jack
Expandable storage
NFC!?!?!

This might be my next phone, waiting for honor 20 launch first though
Edited by: "ToxicHazard" 15th May 2019
MrSwitch15/05/2019 10:30

Certainly looks interesting, though the picture above has a rear finger …Certainly looks interesting, though the picture above has a rear finger sensor, and the details say inscreen, I'm hoping it's the former

Both?
mcm90015/05/2019 10:36

Both?

Certainly possible, only phone I've ever seen both on is the mate 10 rs design. Both would certainly be the best of both worlds.
NFC? If so a phone to finally upgrade my epic P2.
Edited by: "cargill85" 15th May 2019
Specs match what I've been seeing elsewhere....K20Pro in china/Poco F2 everywhere else....

I think the only missing items from the full package are going to be Wireless charging and IP rating...

I don't believe that photo though, I still think it will have the pop up selfie camera and no notch

Price seems about right though and destroys the 1+7 pricing.....also doesn't have the 1+7 pointless battery draining screen
cargill8515/05/2019 10:38

NFC? :/

Apparently so, with the European Xiaomi push of late I think it will have
Edited by: "Uridium" 15th May 2019
cargill8515/05/2019 10:38

NFC? If so a phone to finally upgrade my epic P2.

No mention of it

37650949-jo1GT.jpg
MrSwitch15/05/2019 10:30

Certainly looks interesting, though the picture above has a rear finger …Certainly looks interesting, though the picture above has a rear finger sensor, and the details say inscreen, I'm hoping it's the former

A lot of what ifs, same as the OnePlus 7 range, might be cobbled together from bits and pieces of others in the same owners production line group effort Switchy!!

But give Mi their dues, whoever had been assigned the PR job recently, is using the right agencies to stir it up nice, much better than the OnePlus 7 dropped in a bucket of fake water!

37650950-OafnB.jpg
The Redmi K20 / Pro (think we spoke about it over yonder in another of my "its the same" chats with our friendly hukd conspiracy theorists) is the Poco 2 and vice versa, there will be a few bits & bobs that differ completely, but its effectively the same (same is not the same as exact for all my grammar fans!) bit of kit!

Issue this time around, is the Poco Loco Part Duex will hover around the higher prices median for what it is, going to be very interesting and it will sell like absoulote hot hot cakes on release, but the Redmi K20 / Pro, is going to steal some of its thunder!
Uridium15/05/2019 10:44

[Image]

Oh my lord.. whats the chances of you having the same RSS feeds as me, at the exact time Uri... spooky!!!!
bitcoin515/05/2019 10:44

A lot of what ifs, same as the OnePlus 7 range, might be cobbled together …A lot of what ifs, same as the OnePlus 7 range, might be cobbled together from bits and pieces of others in the same owners production line group effort Switchy!!But give Mi their dues, whoever had been assigned the PR job recently, is using the right agencies to stir it up nice, much better than the OnePlus 7 dropped in a bucket of fake water![Image] The Redmi K20 / Pro (think we spoke about it over yonder in another of my "its the same" chats with our friendly hukd conspiracy theorists) is the Poco 2 and vice versa, there will be a few bits & bobs that differ completely, but its effectively the same (same is not the same as exact for all my grammar fans!) bit of kit! Issue this time around, is the Poco Loco Part Duex will hover around the higher prices median for what it is, going to be very interesting and it will sell like absoulote hot hot cakes on release, but the Redmi K20 / Pro, is going to steal some of its thunder!

My understanding is that the Redmi K20 moniker is for China market, ROTW will get the Poco F2 branded handset
Xiaomi will want to get it right, they are at war with Oppo in India right now over the Note 7/Realme3

Despite all the low end handsets they sell in India the Poco F1 was actually Xiaomi's largest seller last year.

The sepcs we are seeing leaked and if that pricing is right this will blow any other "Budget" flagship out of the water....
Poco F2 SD855 > Project Hercules maybe
oooh looks interesting...
Technicolor...

37651009-AQQTn.jpg
bitcoin515/05/2019 10:48

Oh my lord.. whats the chances of you having the same RSS feeds as me, at …Oh my lord.. whats the chances of you having the same RSS feeds as me, at the exact time Uri... spooky!!!!

I've been up most of the night seeing snippets, some great stuff leaking overnight.. I was stuck on a major P1 global service outage

#Redmiflagship
#48mpforeveryone
#Redmik20
bitcoin515/05/2019 10:51

Poco F2 SD855 > Project Hercules maybe

hmm...the K20 is Project BigDevil
bitcoin515/05/2019 10:55

Technicolor... [Image]

If true then maybe not the same chassis as the K20

37651032-jKxuM.jpg37651032-TOx8o.jpg
bitcoin515/05/2019 10:55

Technicolor... [Image]

That Poco F2 concept Render was doing the rounds in January.....
gsmarena.com/con…php

I think the picture you posted @Mrswitch is the same concept render as well, just with the screen colour edited ..it even has the same time on the screen ......

I think it will be the same chassis as the K20 pictured above with sadly a still larger than I'd like bottom bezel...
Uridium15/05/2019 11:18

That Poco F2 concept Render was doing the rounds in …That Poco F2 concept Render was doing the rounds in January.....https://www.gsmarena.com/concept_render_imagines_pocophone_f2_with_updated_xiaomi_stylings-news-34906.phpI think the picture you posted @Mrswitch is the same concept render as well, just with the screen colour edited ..it even has the same time on the screen ...... I think it will be the same chassis as the K20 pictured above with sadly a still larger than I'd like bottom bezel...

So will it have an inscreen, or physical?
MrSwitch15/05/2019 11:36

So will it have an inscreen, or physical?

They will go in-screen imo....its on trend

Personally the Front button scanner with gesture control on the Lenovo P2 has yet to be equalled imo...
v30 faceunlock is really quick - close to oneplus level - and the rear fingerprint scanner has not failed me yet. I am not a fan of the in screen ones
Snuffleluffle
MrSwitch15/05/2019 14:50

Wow

🤭🤧 man im hyped for the poco f2 and redmi redrum
Hearing news rumours of a May 20th release now....

Also an Antutu benchmark score for the K20Pro has reportedly been leaked by Redmi GM Lu Weibing

If Genuine it wipes the floor with everything else out there....

1+7Pro scored around 364000
Galaxy S10 326000
MI 9 371000
iPhone XS Max 353000

Benchmarks aren't everything but that is a huge score

37658532-enNaN.jpg
Edited by: "Uridium" 16th May 2019
gizmochina.com/201…oo/

If true the leaked case confirms the in screen fingerprint reader
Uridium17/05/2019 13:29

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/05/16/redmi-k20-official-case-confirms-key-specs-photos-of-retail-box-and-merchandise-released-too/If true the leaked case confirms the in screen fingerprint reader

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't true.
MrSwitch17/05/2019 13:31

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't true.

With a pop up cam meaning no face unlock I think I would kinda prefer onscreen to save picking up the phone to get to a rear scanner as I use my phone on desk a lot.

Horses for courses I guess
Uridium17/05/2019 13:33

With a pop up cam meaning no face unlock I think I would kinda prefer …With a pop up cam meaning no face unlock I think I would kinda prefer onscreen to save picking up the phone to get to a rear scanner as I use my phone on desk a lot.Horses for courses I guess

There will be face unlock, as with the OP7 Pro it'll just take longer, and the inscreen won't be as fast as a rear sensor, making opening the phone that little bit more slower and annoying, which is why a rear fingerprint sensor is what I prefer for now.
MrSwitch17/05/2019 13:36

There will be face unlock, as with the OP7 Pro it'll just take longer, and …There will be face unlock, as with the OP7 Pro it'll just take longer, and the inscreen won't be as fast as a rear sensor, making opening the phone that little bit more slower and annoying, which is why a rear fingerprint sensor is what I prefer for now.

If either are as fast as the faceunlock and inscreen on the 1+7 pro then I'm not too concerned, both are fairly quick from the reviews I've seen.
Uridium17/05/2019 13:29

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/05/16/redmi-k20-official-case-confirms-key-specs-photos-of-retail-box-and-merchandise-released-too/If true the leaked case confirms the in screen fingerprint reader

The article states the images are from the official Redmi Weibo account, so it isn't a "leaked" case. They've also been reposted by the Redmi GM<.
37715734-shxzq.jpg37715734-FU6fl.jpg
No 5g though...
nickmax24/05/2019 13:33

No 5g though...

Yup...just like 99% of the phones in the market right now.
nickmax24/05/2019 13:33

No 5g though...

5G wont cover the majority of the UK until 2022.

4G only covers ~85% and that came out 7 years ago.

5G will be a premium feature for a year or two until it becomes standard I believe.
ToxicHazard24/05/2019 13:50

5G wont cover the majority of the UK until 2022.4G only covers ~85% and …5G wont cover the majority of the UK until 2022.4G only covers ~85% and that came out 7 years ago.5G will be a premium feature for a year or two until it becomes standard I believe.

This.

5G will be utterly irrelevant for mobile phone usage for at least the next 12 months. its only use will be fast mobile broadband applications e.g. areas with limited fibre cover.....

But......If you are planning on buying a 5G handset now I just want to say thanks for investing in the R&D budget so that when the 2nd wave handsets are released they will be cheaper, better and faster for me to buy when the 5G networks have coverage that make them worth looking at....

Do you really need more than 60-100Mbps data connection on your phone? I know I certainly don't...and I'm speaking as a fairly big data user paying VM for 350Mbps fibre at home, working from home and using upwards of 1Tb bandwidth at home each month....

The reality is a lot of people will be buying 5G handsets because they are the latest and they were told they will be faster by a salesperson in CPW....these same people will then be using there superfast 5G phones on a 4G connectino most of the time to update facebook and stream some music with Spotify....
Edited by: "Uridium" 24th May 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants