Groups

POINTS ON DRIVING LICENSE

I had six panelty points on my driving license on 05/11/08 for driving friend,s car which was,t insured on my name
    Does any body know when i can apply to remove these points from my license
    offense date is 03/05/05
    offense code is IN10

18 Comments

I think that it is 3 years, it was for my son.

it used t be three its now four i think

sometimes 4-5 years, depending on what they are

speeding points are more in the 4-5 year frame than 3 years, think there sp10, etcs?

my speeding points were/are on four 5 yrs

Don't they automatically expire, I've never heard of having to apply to get them removed?!

Original Poster

will these years be start counting from date of offence or that when you got the points on license?

Original Poster

hdixon85;1988238

Don't they automatically expire, I've never heard of having to apply to … Don't they automatically expire, I've never heard of having to apply to get them removed?!

i think you have to apply to take them off (not sure)

just apply for a new licence aand if they have expirred they will not be on there - if you move house or get married (change name) I dont think they charge for the duplicate licence - well they didnt a couple of year back when I moved house I applied for a licence thought I had to pay but apparently then change of address or name and they dont charge

Original Poster

octobergirl;1988273

just apply for a new licence aand if they have expirred they will not be … just apply for a new licence aand if they have expirred they will not be on there - if you move house or get married (change name) I dont think they charge for the duplicate licence - well they didnt a couple of year back when I moved house I applied for a licence thought I had to pay but apparently then change of address or name and they dont charge

i hava not changed my name or address since then lol

points are applicable for 3 years, have to stay on license for four years. after that, you can apply to DVLA to get the offence code and dates removed from the paper couterpart. they automatically expire 3 years after offence date.

you have to pay to get the points removed i think.

Original Poster

saayinla;1988364

you have to pay to get the points removed i think.

do you know how much i have to pay?

Points are valid for 3 years from the date of offence (NOT conviction) BUT they will not actually remove them until they are 4 years old - you will have to pay for a replacement licence.

Original Poster

thank you very much you all guys

blackrat62;1988394

Points are valid for 3 years from the date of offence (NOT conviction) … Points are valid for 3 years from the date of offence (NOT conviction) BUT they will not actually remove them until they are 4 years old - you will have to pay for a replacement licence.

does it matter if its still on your license, might as well wait until you lose your paper counterpart license or move house, no point paying to get a line removed of it, is there?

Banned

it took 3 years to get the points put on license, why did they bother - lol

Link to DVLC:
    direct.gov.uk/en/…550

Here is the link to the DVLC web site with the info.. Didn't realise it can be on the lisence upto 11 Years!! But that is for serious stuff..

Extract from site (direct.gov.uk/en/…5):
    "Insurance offences
    Offence code IN10 must stay on a driving licence for four years from date of offence."

Thanks.

Roy

amansk;1988444

does it matter if its still on your license, might as well wait until you … does it matter if its still on your license, might as well wait until you lose your paper counterpart license or move house, no point paying to get a line removed of it, is there?

Even after the 4 yrs - if you send your licence off for change of address etc - they won't take the points off. You have to complete and form and pay to have them physically removed.

direct.gov.uk/en/…425

direct.gov.uk/en/…490
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27147
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972452
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!811
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846350

See more discussions