Groups
    EXPIRED

pokemon

Was wondering if someone could give some advice on the new pokemon 3ds games that are out, sapphire and ruby? are they basically the same game? do they follow on from previous games as I don't know which to get my son. He previously had pokemon y if that makes a difference?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

5 Comments

Yes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are essentially the same game. They'll differ in a few ways, primarily being that there are a number of version-specific pokemon, but there's no real need for you to consider getting both.

They're fundamentally a different adventure from that seen in X/Y, effectively being remakes of the pair of Gameboy Advance games, Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire.

As for which you should look to get, unless there's anything that stands out to you about your son's preferences, you could base it on something as seemingly superficial as the boxart design or central 'colour'.
    Edited by: "Illusionary" 21st Dec 2014

They are basically the same. These are really HD remakes of old Pokemon games Ruby and Saphire from 2002.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, so it doesn't matter which one I get? because the last ones, pokemon x and y were blue and red as well? thanks for your help x

nicolaronan

Thanks for that, so it doesn't matter which one I get? because the last … Thanks for that, so it doesn't matter which one I get? because the last ones, pokemon x and y were blue and red as well? thanks for your help x

Indeed, it doesn't really matter for your purposes.

You'll find that the majority of 'main line' pokemon titles come in a pairing such as this, but as above OR/AS are different from X/Y.

Original Poster

Thank you very much for your help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions