pokemon go budget phones

Found 20th Jul 2016
Which *budget* phones are good for Pokemon Go?
Community Updates
20 Comments
Samsung S7 Edge if your budgets high
I read your need 2 gig or ram to run the app. You can look up min spec to run app so that will help you.
Best to give a price.
I have played it on these, moto x play, Sony xperia m4 aqua, HTC desire 626, runs fine. All reasonably cheap phones.
My daughter has it running on a 1st gen Moto G without any issues
my daughter is using Vodafone smart 4 turbo. works but can't use "AR"
my other daughter is using Xiaomi redmi 3, no issues at all
gym lougar

Yeah the "Rubbish" version. I'm guessing that's WITHOUT AR Mode.

Get a phone with a gyroscope
Marioman........just checked with her and your correct. Although she doesn't seem too worried about it. She is only 12 so that's fine.
LG G5 has very good specs for the price and runs the app perfectly, if your budget is very tight and only want it for this app id recommend having a look at some Chinese models with 2gb of ram this Is the cheapest option to run pokemon go.
gr8h8me

Samsung S7 Edge if your budgets high

When someone says "they're on a budget" it means usually they want something cheap.
M0nk3h

When someone says "they're on a budget" it means usually they want … When someone says "they're on a budget" it means usually they want something cheap.

My budget must be a lot bigger then...But we don't know that do we...Unless your a paranormal mind reader
Original Poster
Gone with a Cubot Note S, 2gb / 16 gb and quad core. £65.
Edited by: "3spartan" 24th Jul 2016
3spartan

Gone with a Cubot Note S, 2gb / 16 gb and quad core. £65.

I'm thinking of getting this. How is it? Especially how does POGO run?
gym lougar

Tried this myself; lots of over-heating issues, but maybe that's an entirely different issue.
Original Poster
Spottybutterfly

I'm thinking of getting this. How is it? Especially how does POGO run?

Sorry for the late reply. POGO runs satisfactorarily - I'm happy and person the phone was bought for is happy enough. We had an issue day one thanks to impatiance. The phone was reported broken to me "no GPS" - but the issue was impatience it takes a minute to find satallites. The GPS works but my guess is, it works better on more expensive phones. It could also be, settings or an issue with Android updates - possibly - as I notice an app I downloaded for GPS testing - when that's just open and running, the GPS as accessed by other Apps also improves.

As a Pokemon GO phone for a modest or budget conscious person, I can recommend this phone. As a smartphone, it is pretty amazing to me I am still on my first smartphone. The screen is outstanding - but I am told, phones that cost 5 times more have a much better screen etc.
3spartan

Sorry for the late reply. POGO runs satisfactorarily - I'm happy and … Sorry for the late reply. POGO runs satisfactorarily - I'm happy and person the phone was bought for is happy enough. We had an issue day one thanks to impatiance. The phone was reported broken to me "no GPS" - but the issue was impatience it takes a minute to find satallites. The GPS works but my guess is, it works better on more expensive phones. It could also be, settings or an issue with Android updates - possibly - as I notice an app I downloaded for GPS testing - when that's just open and running, the GPS as accessed by other Apps also improves.As a Pokemon GO phone for a modest or budget conscious person, I can recommend this phone. As a smartphone, it is pretty amazing to me I am still on my first smartphone. The screen is outstanding - but I am told, phones that cost 5 times more have a much better screen etc.

Thanks for the informative reply.
gr8h8me

My budget must be a lot bigger then. But we don't know that do … My budget must be a lot bigger then. But we don't know that do we...Unless your a paranormal mind reader

The question was for a 'budget phone' a budget anything means a cheap one that will do the job. It is nothing to do with a personal budget. I have a S7 edge replacing a Moto X play that overheated during the summer when playing PokemonGo and now runs slow when hot. I want budget phones for running 4 accounts so I can hatch eggs on all of them at the same time and not have to keep logging out and back in at pokestops. And no I don't want to risk loosing accounts using emulators.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants