EXPIRED

Poker set

Hey
So i am getting into poker. I wanted to but a set of chips but cant seem to find a reasonable price. I am looking for a lot of chips to come with it and maybe a deck of cards. If you could be so kind to help look for a deal for me i would be grateful.

8 Comments

If you want to build a good set I would start by getting chips with the correct weight which is around 10g, if you buy the cheap ones you will just regret it later if you really do enjoy the game. Alos try to get clay or ceramic and not basic cheapo plastic ones.

I would suggest Ebay or Gumtree for people selling them second hand as a lot of people tend to lose interest not long after investing in some good poker chips. You could get some good weighted second hand ones for the price of a cheap new set.

Also spend a bit extra on a good set of cards rather than the cheap £1 ones. A good set of cards should set you back about a fiver, a very good set of cards will set you back over a tenner.

try these cards to start, £4 delivered. ebay.co.uk/itm…3c0

Edited by: "NEtech" 11th Dec 2014

If youre only just getting into it, B&Ms sell a set of chips/cards in a tin. Not sure on price but its B&M's so it won't cost much.

Yes I bought my partner a set from b&m. Think they were £7.99

Original Poster

Comment

emro23

Yes I bought my partner a set from b&m. Think they were £7.99

can you post a link please cant find it

If it's just for a hobby to get started, just get a second hand set form eBay or your local car boot. There's normally loads of these, they were a standard man-gift a few years ago. As others have said though, pay some good money for a good set of cards.

Original Poster

Comment

Tony68k

If it's just for a hobby to get started, just get a second hand set form … If it's just for a hobby to get started, just get a second hand set form eBay or your local car boot. There's normally loads of these, they were a standard man-gift a few years ago. As others have said though, pay some good money for a good set of cards.

The thing is i do not have an ebay account
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)46
    2. seller asked for IMEI87
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1925
    4. Advertised on Gumtree33

See more discussions