Poland trip help

Found 2nd Apr
So basically I'm planning a small round trip of Poland. In this trip I was looking at flying to Warsaw and going onto Krakow (but it's quite the journey) so was considering stopping of in lodz along the way for a night before carrying onto Krakow then onto a national park. The problem I have is lodz and lublin both seem to have the same train times as Warsaw to Krakow despite seeming closer. Can anybody suggest another town I could stop over in or are flights from one town to another cheap and quick? I only have 9 days to cram it in so half a day travel is not ideal at all so any help would be great+
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Can’t you hire a car and drive?
Well I used to work up there and fly KLM from BHX via Amsterdam. An easy trip.

The train between Krakow and Warsaw will make you feel very at home if you used to take Southern Rail. I swear they are the old carriages.

Warsaw and Krakow will fill 9 days. More so in Krakow which is fascinating. Visit the salt mines and consider a trip to Auschwitch (and If Nigel Kennedy still plays at the Muniaka, its worth a detour). The old town in Warsaw is worth seeing.

Tripadvisor will be far more up to date than I am. Have a great time
Unfortunately I can not drive so that's not an option. I'm now looking at landing in wroclaw as it's half the travel time to krakow(gutted I won't get to see Warsaw this time around) so I guess my final question now is I'm using the goeuro transport service does anybody know how reliable this is and wether it's smart to prebook the busses or is it easily done on the day? Thanks for the help so far!
Edited by: "xxlonesnipexx" 2nd Apr
Trains from Warsaw to Krakow aren't a bad journey. Free drink on the train and plenty of space.
But I understand 2 and half hours is a long journey.
I wouldn't call 2 hours 17 minutes on a direct train 'quite the journey'.
xxlonesnipexx21 h, 43 m ago

Unfortunately I can not drive so that's not an option. I'm now looking at …Unfortunately I can not drive so that's not an option. I'm now looking at landing in wroclaw as it's half the travel time to krakow(gutted I won't get to see Warsaw this time around) so I guess my final question now is I'm using the goeuro transport service does anybody know how reliable this is and wether it's smart to prebook the busses or is it easily done on the day? Thanks for the help so far!

Why won’t you just fly to Krakow? Anyway, if you gonna fly to Wroclaw, take your time and spend some time there. Lots of interesting things to see.
I've done the Warsaw to Krakow train (when there were no cheap flights to Krakow) and the train was just fine. Was pretty cheap iirc for such a massive distance although I'm sure it would cost a bit more than £10 each direction.

I didn't see much of Warsaw but it looked pretty grim with Soviet style housing blocks everywhere so you second suggestion may be a better choice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants