Groups

Polish currency query

Im off to Poland next Monday. Does anyone know if its better to buy my zlotys over there with sterling, or shall I get them before I go?

The reason I ask is when I google pound to zloty I get this;

1 British pound = 4.82392489 Polish zloty

and when I google zloty to pound I get this;

1 Polish zloty = 0.207300077 British pounds

Clearly the rates are not equivalent.

Thanks in advance

13 Comments

Perhaps you should divide 1 by 4.82392489.

That will give you the answer.

there not lot in in. 1 zyloty =20p
    so£1=4.8 zyloty which is like 96p
    However we get to exchange money free in most places in teh UK
    If u have to pay commission that could wipe out any gains over there

You could change 1/2 money here and 1/2 there and come back n tell us all

what post 1 said... brings the same amount doesnt it?
    Edited by: "MarzBarz" 17th Aug 2010

Original Poster

lol sorry im being dense

Original Poster

I got confused by rounding up and down on each sum. I did go to Hungary a few years ago and I got a much better rate over there compared to here. I'll update when I get back thanks.

Banned

Wished I could pay the two Polish plasterers at my house at the moment in Zlotys!

Dodgy getz put the price up on arrival "I only quoted you on 2 rooms"..... I was like... erm why.... My job details were for 2 large rooms, the kitchen and 3 small ones (Loo and 2 hallways)

Held to ransom! They didnt show yesterday... so I didnt fancy wasting another days holiday.

Messy boogers too!

guv

Wished I could pay the two Polish plasterers at my house at the moment in … Wished I could pay the two Polish plasterers at my house at the moment in Zlotys!Dodgy getz put the price up on arrival "I only quoted you on 2 rooms"..... I was like... erm why.... My job details were for 2 large rooms, the kitchen and 3 small ones (Loo and 2 hallways)Held to ransom! They didnt show yesterday... so I didnt fancy wasting another days holiday.Messy boogers too!

Why don't you take British plasterers? They will charge you twice or more and will take them much longer to get the job completed!!

Kantor shops - exchange offices - are probably the most common shops in Poland. They're on every street corner. You get a good rate for Bank of England notes there.

Kantor shops - exchange offices - are probably the most common shops in Poland. They're on every street corner. You get a good rate for Bank of England notes there.

Banned

guv

Wished I could pay the two Polish plasterers at my house at the moment in … Wished I could pay the two Polish plasterers at my house at the moment in Zlotys!Dodgy getz put the price up on arrival "I only quoted you on 2 rooms"..... I was like... erm why.... My job details were for 2 large rooms, the kitchen and 3 small ones (Loo and 2 hallways)Held to ransom! They didnt show yesterday... so I didnt fancy wasting another days holiday.Messy boogers too!

your such a cheap skate..

As mos2566 says the best place to get your money is at the Kantors, they give a great exchange rate but avoid the ones on the main squares of the tourist areas, also try and cash your money during the day as the exchange rate isn't so good on the Kantors that are open in the evening/night.
    Kantors are the way to go though

where in polsk are you off to??

Original Poster

lanc_red

where in polsk are you off to??

I've got a 1 way ticket to .....erm Szczecin I cant pronounce it lol. It was a cheap flight. We've got 3 nights booked into a hostel but the rest were gonna make up along the way. Its only 2hrs from berlin so we'll stop off there too. Im not back at uni til the end of sept so plan on being away around 4 weeks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1415
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27107
      3. GOT Leaks again817
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764472

See more discussions