Groups

Poll Cards

I'm 19 and I still have never had the chance to vote for who I want. It's stupid! Gordon Brown needs to go.....FAST! David Cameron for PM! If there had been a vote before Brown took over I reckon Cameron would have won and the recession wouldn't have hit as hard, Brown's just hiding from it!

Whats everyone elses views?

12 Comments

Banned

Doesnt matter who is in charge TBH - they will all make as big a fist of it.

Brown didnt cause the recession - America did

lol Cameron has the charm to be PM, but lacks the brains..."cut your way out of recession" says it all really, Brown may not be the most charming man in the world, but he is by far a better man to run the country then cameron...I am only 23 but I can remember the last tory government (although barely) and have learnt about it all those years ago in business studies A levels...they would just pull this country even further in the wrong direction. The way foward IMO would be to stick someone else with some poeple power in to lead labour and let brown go back to what he was good at, being the background thinking man behind the ideas....(obviously this is my own opinion) but all the Tories seem to do is attack the government, not focus on policy and helping this country.

shame this didnt get going I was looking forward to a debate

Original Poster

I've just been on a driving lesson.

Theres still time

I think what Cameron is saying is all right, if he can't change something, like tuition fees and such, he'll say outright that its something he won't be changing, he seems a real breath of fresh air and thats what this country needs IMO.

Meadsy4742;5145716

I've just been on a driving lesson.Theres still time :pI think what … I've just been on a driving lesson.Theres still time :pI think what Cameron is saying is all right, if he can't change something, like tuition fees and such, he'll say outright that its something he won't be changing, he seems a real breath of fresh air and thats what this country needs IMO.

yeah I understand that, but what you dont see is that Cameron and the tories dont back up there claims, mostly they just spout what they think people want to hear, its unfortunate, because I think he'd be a great PM if he had some backing to claims, This is where brown excells past him, Tory governments left a very big mess in this country and it took blair most of his tenure to clean it up, now brown has been left knee deep in what blair left behind by poor governing of the financial sector, and the american government. in all fairness he's always been fighting a losing battle, he's just got no personality to help him out of the tough times like blair had

Original Poster

bfjem;5145754

yeah I understand that, but what you dont see is that Cameron and the … yeah I understand that, but what you dont see is that Cameron and the tories dont back up there claims, mostly they just spout what they think people want to hear, its unfortunate, because I think he'd be a great PM if he had some backing to claims, This is where brown excells past him, Tory governments left a very big mess in this country and it took blair most of his tenure to clean it up, now brown has been left knee deep in what blair left behind by poor governing of the financial sector, and the american government. in all fairness he's always been fighting a losing battle, he's just got no personality to help him out of the tough times like blair had

But how can Cameron back his claims when he dosen't have the authority to? The tories might have made a big mess of it all last time, but you can only learn by mistakes and I've never seen then Tories in power so more than likely alot of the people within the last botch up won't be there now or have gained alot of experience from last time.

bfjem;5145754

, Tory governments left a very big mess in this country and it took blair … , Tory governments left a very big mess in this country and it took blair most of his tenure to clean it up,

no they didnt, the country was in a great position when the tories lost the 97 election and blair and brown have spent the best part of 12 years ruining all the foundations that were in place when they took power.

ants97;5146185

no they didnt, the country was in a great position when the tories lost … no they didnt, the country was in a great position when the tories lost the 97 election and blair and brown have spent the best part of 12 years ruining all the foundations that were in place when they took power.

:w00t: I beg to differ...The tory governments were notoriously bad in the 80's and 90's, Cameron seems to lack any kind of consistancy with policy, his policy is just attack anything brown does...I mean the PM questions yesterday emphasised this. Dont get me wrong Brown has got a lot of work to do but I think everyone seems to be using him as a scape goat, I do feel he should cut his losses and maybe let someone else lead, go back to a background man. but I do worry that the torries will see us into worse times then now. (if thats possible) btw I dont favour a labour government, I just dont think the tories would do any better, and well I cant see the liberals getting us out of this mess, so I think labour is the lesser of 2 evils if you catch my drift

bfjem;5146290

:w00t: I beg to differ...The tory governments were notoriously bad in the … :w00t: I beg to differ...The tory governments were notoriously bad in the 80's and 90's, Cameron seems to lack any kind of consistancy with policy, his policy is just attack anything brown does...I mean the PM questions yesterday emphasised this. Dont get me wrong Brown has got a lot of work to do but I think everyone seems to be using him as a scape goat, I do feel he should cut his losses and maybe let someone else lead, go back to a background man. but I do worry that the torries will see us into worse times then now. (if thats possible) btw I dont favour a labour government, I just dont think the tories would do any better, and well I cant see the liberals getting us out of this mess, so I think labour is the lesser of 2 evils if you catch my drift

nope blair inherited an economy in a great position and most of his early poilicies were just re hashes of tory policy or contiuation from what was already in place. It was when blair and brown started to implement their own ideas and reforms that things started to go belly up.

What else can cameron do? he's not going to come out with any policy that may prove to be useless or unworkable 2 years down the line, even alastair darling wouldn't commit to anything that far ahead.

I do get were you coming from though and maybe you should move up here to scotland were the snp are doing a fairly decent job of governing.:thumbsup:

Lol I lived in wales for 4 years at Uni and loved it so I guess scotland would be right up my street and it has really prospered since devolution (i think thats what its called). I just think Cameron would do himself more favours, by showing more of his thought processes, rather then attacking brown and asking for a GE, he's on the right path as opinions are already flagging his way, he just needs to back it up. I still think brown is a very capable and clever PM he just needs the Charm classes camerons been on lol

I beg to differ but the reason we got rid of the Tory's the last time was because of their incompetance, and who invented most of our taxes (i.e POLL TAX, now council tax) oh! that would be the Tory's.

For those of us that remember them in power, we know exactly what they can do!

I wouldnt trust Cameron or his idiots at all!

We are in a bad economic situation whoever wins.

They are all like a bunch of schoolkids at the commons, its about time they put the Country

First instead of trying to score points from each other!

billyhl;5146718

I beg to differ but the reason we got rid of the Tory's the last time was … I beg to differ but the reason we got rid of the Tory's the last time was because of their incompetance, and who invented most of our taxes (i.e POLL TAX, now council tax) oh! that would be the Tory's.For those of us that remember them in power, we know exactly what they can do!I wouldnt trust Cameron or his idiots at all!We are in a bad economic situation whoever wins.They are all like a bunch of schoolkids at the commons, its about time they put the CountryFirst instead of trying to score points from each other!

I think I show my age, I only go but what I learnt in school a few years back and what I can remember from TV and news when I was a kid, being 23 now it didnt massivly affect me at the time but I am wary of tory govrenments.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions