Groups

Poll, Do you want England to win the world cup?

Even though you are not English? If not, who?
    Just wondered, thats all.

118 Comments

Original Poster

I would support any of the home nations if England didnt make it.

yes, I'm welsh. If England don't win it, I'd like Spain or France to

Banned

skusey;8733433

+1 in the following order
    wales
    N.I
    scotland

AWBE. Can't stick another 44 years!

Yes, but if not spain because i got them in the sure sweepstake thingy

skusey;8733433

This

I REALLY want us to win, but I wouldn't want the media overhype if we do, goes WAY over the top most of the time.

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;8733576

I REALLY want us to win, but I wouldn't want the media overhype if we do, … I REALLY want us to win, but I wouldn't want the media overhype if we do, goes WAY over the top most of the time.

really?
    Have we won it before?

:thumbsup:

mod

Yeah if not England then anyone who has City players in the squad that's left in once England are dumped out (inc Argentina - Tevvvvvvveeeeeeeez)

Based on yesterdays performance, England stand no chance of winning it, However I still believe and pray we do it.

Supermod

When it comes down to it there are better teams in the competition.

I wouldnt mind england doing well, but I don't know about winning it, I think a lot of arrogant english folk put me off supporting them,with their smart remarks and bad attitude on these forums.:whistling:

No and dont care bout football never have and never will

Supermod

tonypop;8733662

I wouldnt mind england doing well, but I don't know about winning it, I … I wouldnt mind england doing well, but I don't know about winning it, I think a lot of arrogant english folk put me off supporting them,with their smart remarks and bad attitude on these forums.:whistling:

It is like having 10,000 Andy Murrays. Oh wait...

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8733649

Tend to agree, after yesterdays performance

Supermod

skusey;8733697

Tend to agree, after yesterdays performance

Thing is...can you see them beating Holland, Argentina, Spain or Brazil? Hmm. Then you need to look at other teams like Portugal and France. I dont know. If they do win it will be a MASSIVE achievement.

Banned

magicjay1986;8733649

Spain, probably. Brazil, possibly. Apart from that it's pretty open.

Banned

magicjay1986;8733709

Thing is...can you see them beating Holland, Argentina, Spain or Brazil? … Thing is...can you see them beating Holland, Argentina, Spain or Brazil? Hmm. Then you need to look at other teams like Portugal and France. I dont know. If they do win it will be a MASSIVE achievement.

Yes.

Supermod

FilthAndFurry;8733721

Spain, probably. Brazil, possibly. Apart from that it's pretty open.

Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met.

England need a fit Hargreaves and they are sorted.

I'll be supporting everyone bar enlgand.

I'd love to see mo edu get another last minute winner or big boogy rampaging down the right wing past cashley slamming one into the top corner past green from a gers point of view but as it isn't that likely I'll settle for maradona messi and tevez taking the trophy back to argentina.

Banned

magicjay1986;8733731

Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. England need a … Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. England need a fit Hargreaves and they are sorted.

hahahahahahaahahahahahaha ...is it april the 1st

magicjay1986;8733731

Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. … Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. [COLOR="Red"]England need a fit Hargreaves[/COLOR] and they are sorted.

Hmmmm, if we're going to start talking about the impossible, I'm gonna go for Gordon Banks in goal :thumbsup:

I want the team who plays the best football to win it..... if England win, then great. If not, the media get to milk 1966 for at least another four years

Original Poster

midlandscomics;8733770

Hmmmm, if we're going to start talking about the impossible, I'm gonna go … Hmmmm, if we're going to start talking about the impossible, I'm gonna go for Gordon Banks in goal :thumbsup:

would be better than James, and thats with one eye.

Supermod

midlandscomics;8733770

Hmmmm, if we're going to start talking about the impossible, I'm gonna go … Hmmmm, if we're going to start talking about the impossible, I'm gonna go for Gordon Banks in goal :thumbsup:I want the team who plays the best football to win it..... if England win, then great. If not, the media get to milk 1966 for at least another four years

It was never impossible. I do admit that it was just improbable.

Supermod

skusey;8733782

would be better than James, and thats with one eye.

Joe Hart gets my vote. McLeish revives his career and Birmingham turned him in to a world class player.

magicjay1986;8733797

Joe Hart gets my vote. McLeish revives his career and Birmingham turned … Joe Hart gets my vote. McLeish revives his career and Birmingham turned him in to a [COLOR="Red"]world class player[/COLOR].

:w00t:

He's good, but that's going a bit too far :lol:

Banned

magicjay1986;8733731

Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. England need a … Both of those teams outplayed England when they last met. England need a fit Hargreaves and they are sorted.

A quick google shows that our team against Spain had Downing, Wright-Philips, Jagielka and Agbonlahor but no Gerrard, Lamps only 45 minutes and NO Rooney.

Spain were pretty much full strength.

I still think that they are better, but it's a tournament and we have the players on the day who can beat any team. It comes down to such narrow margins.

Supermod

midlandscomics;8733803

:w00t:He's good, but that's going a bit too far :lol:

Ok, ok...I maybe got a bit carried away!! He should at least be playing for a decent team. As should Given.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8733797

Joe Hart gets my vote. McLeish revives his career and Birmingham turned … Joe Hart gets my vote. McLeish revives his career and Birmingham turned him in to a world class player.

I would go for Green myself (West Ham fan:)), he has been very solid for England.

Supermod

FilthAndFurry;8733823

A quick google shows that our team against Spain had Downing, … A quick google shows that our team against Spain had Downing, Wright-Philips, Jagielka and Agbonlahor but no Gerrard, Lamps only 45 minutes and NO Rooney.Spain were pretty much full strength.I still think that they are better, but it's a tournament and we have the players on the day who can beat any team. It comes down to such narrow margins.

Even still, that is only a few players. On paper you have to say that Gerrard and Lampard are our best midfielders but on the pitch it seems to be a completely different story...

Time will tell.

Supermod

skusey;8733831

I would go for Green myself (West Ham fan:)), he has been very solid for … I would go for Green myself (West Ham fan:)), he has been very solid for England.

...but I always worry he had a mistake in him. You could say that about James and Hart too. Tricky. Green has started 8 of the last 10 so I think he will be first choice.

As a Norn Iron guy, I'll be supporting England. I'd support any home nation team over a foreign team

Banned

magicjay1986;8733844

Even still, that is only a few players. On paper you have to say that … Even still, that is only a few players. On paper you have to say that Gerrard and Lampard are our best midfielders but on the pitch it seems to be a completely different story...Time will tell.

Rooney? Plus I think that Capello has worked out how to get Stevie G and Lamps working together.

rm13_hammer;8733441

+1 in the following orderwalesN.Iscotland

Why is Scotland last on that list? Not being a pain just genuinely curious.

Supermod

FilthAndFurry;8733866

Rooney? Plus I think that Capello has worked out how to get Stevie G and … Rooney? Plus I think that Capello has worked out how to get Stevie G and Lamps working together.

England are not a one man team but yes, huge player to be out.

How do you think he has done that? I have not seen much of a difference...

i would want argentina or germany to win

I would never suport england, Im scottish

Banned

ryouga;8733871

Why is Scotland last on that list? Not being a pain just genuinely … Why is Scotland last on that list? Not being a pain just genuinely curious.

I'm guessing it's because they are the only ones that wear skirts?

Thats my guess anyway.

I was born in England but moved to aus when I was three so it's a strange one I'm backing Australia & England

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8733854

...but I always worry he had a mistake in him. You could say that about … ...but I always worry he had a mistake in him. You could say that about James and Hart too. Tricky. Green has started 8 of the last 10 so I think he will be first choice.

dont think he will, why not play him at all yesterday?
    Scot Parker will be omitted alongside Upson.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492109
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35194
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2443

See more discussions