Groups

polling day compo

my sons school is closed for the day in june to allow for it to be used as a polling station, as my OH and I are both out to work my son will have to attend link club for the day at a cost of £20. i know its not much but its annoying that they use the school as it is next door to a community center, does anyone know if i can claim back part or all of the fees. why should i be out of pocket or why dont they have polling day on a weekend

thank you

x ding

27 Comments

I have often thought that it's the same here

You want compensation? Wow!

you should first ask the school why they are closing - junior school here is a polling station (when needed)

they use side room with own entrance - doesnt interfere with rest of shool

annoying yes but no chance of compensation sadly-totally agree you should tho. what always amazes me is that they close schools for the day yet teachers still get paid-then they hire people to man the polling stations. why dont the teachers do it and save money? after all they are contracted to work anyways.

then the parents have to make alternative child care arrangements.

Here the school used to close for it,but they moved the voting now elsewhere.

Original Poster

holly100;5123841

you should first ask the school why they are closing - junior school here … you should first ask the school why they are closing - junior school here is a polling station (when needed)they use side room with own entrance - doesnt interfere with rest of shool

they use the main hall as it is a small school, so they close the school for health and safety reasons as anyone could be entering the school

Original Poster

thesaint;5123832

i just want compensating for my extra outlay

ding;5123898

i just want compensating for my extra outlay

Well, i'm glad your not, I can't afford it.

Here you can't take out your kids out of school for a holiday,it's £80 fine...fair enough they want us to keep them in school,but it's ok to close schools for things like voting.

ding;5123889

they use the main hall as it is a small school, so they close the school … they use the main hall as it is a small school, so they close the school for health and safety reasons as anyone could be entering the school

as someone says - teachers still get paid - also schools get approx £1400 a year for each childs education

i would go and see head and ask for them to pay fees for your - inconvenience:thumbsup:

holly100;5123987

as someone says - teachers still get paid - also schools get approx £1400 … as someone says - teachers still get paid - also schools get approx £1400 a year for each childs education i would go and see head and ask for them to pay fees for your - inconvenience:thumbsup:

Teachers (poor) pay is already pro-rata'd for these polling days. It's like asking them to work during the school holidays as they are still paid throughout these as well.

Do you think a head teacher is going to pay this fee? Worrying lack of basic economics ITT.

thesaint;5124049

Teachers (poor) pay is already pro-rata'd for these polling days. It's … Teachers (poor) pay is already pro-rata'd for these polling days. It's like asking them to work during the school holidays as they are still paid throughout these as well.Do you think a head teacher is going to pay this fee? Worrying lack of basic economics ITT.

if you dont ask you dont get:-D

just like if kiddie loses a piece of uniform etc in school - they can replace iit - whether cost comes out of 'incidentals' doesnt matter

main thing is you have to ask

Why do people always assume that because a teacher isn't in school, they aren't working? When do you think they mark your child's work, or write lesson plans? Also further to the comments regarding not taking kids on holiday during term time, remember it's not just you who are ripped off by the holiday companies in school holidays, teachers also have to take their holidays at peak times. It's not their fault, don't blame them.

Banned

wow.

a whole £20? you really should take this up with the high court or something.

either that or just get on with it like everyone else does you money grabbing so and so

Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5123923

Here you can't take out your kids out of school for a holiday,it's £80 … Here you can't take out your kids out of school for a holiday,it's £80 fine...fair enough they want us to keep them in school,but it's ok to close schools for things like voting.

how else do you think a democratic society would work then?????????

Original Poster

dimebars;5124318

how else do you think a democratic society would work then?????????

by voting on a saturday or using someware else

take a day off work, from what I remember you are entitled to days off for things related to your children. You will get payed, and will not be down £20.

Banned

ding;5124352

by voting on a saturday or using someware else

moaning to the wrong people

complain to the (elected) government that you are £20 out of pocket due to their election

or bog off and find something useful o do with your time

Original Poster

4lyons09;5124396

take a day off work, from what I remember you are entitled to days off … take a day off work, from what I remember you are entitled to days off for things related to your children. You will get payed, and will not be down £20.

i am a member of the emergency services and all my leave was programmed at the end of last year, guess i will have to like it or lump it

Banned

ding;5126131

i am a member of the emergency services and all my leave was programmed … i am a member of the emergency services and all my leave was programmed at the end of last year, guess i will have to like it or lump it

the AA arent really an emergency service.......................

Original Poster

dimebars;5125236

moaning to the wrong peoplecomplain to the (elected) government that you … moaning to the wrong peoplecomplain to the (elected) government that you are £20 out of pocket due to their election[COLOR="Red"]or bog off and find something useful o do with your time[/COLOR]

like build that wall again to keep out the skirt wearing folk :whistling::p:w00t:

Original Poster

dimebars;5126157

the AA arent really an emergency service.......................

the 4th

thesaint;5123832

+1 ...im sorry ding...but i agree...its pushing it...surely u tk a day off when ur kids poorly etc....if not u then ur partner...and AA arent 4th emergency service.....coastguard is.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5123923

Here you can't take out your kids out of school for a holiday,it's £80 … Here you can't take out your kids out of school for a holiday,it's £80 fine...fair enough they want us to keep them in school,but it's ok to close schools for things like voting.

wow 80! doesnt happen in my school thankfully.... but then mine is private so it does in a round-a-bout way!!

Original Poster

+1 ...im sorry ding...but i agree...its pushing it...surely u tk a day … +1 ...im sorry ding...but i agree...its pushing it...surely u tk a day off when ur kids poorly etc....if not u then ur partner...and AA arent 4th emergency service.....coastguard is.

just quoting the adverts

Banned

ding;5126131

i am a member of the emergency services and all my leave was programmed … i am a member of the emergency services and all my leave was programmed at the end of last year, guess i will have to like it or lump it

so you dont leave some time off incase your needed by your family, very strange, what happens f your childs ill :w00t:

ding;5126269

just quoting the adverts

haha...i know i was sayin that to hubby and he saiud they cant say that anymore so u wont see AA advertise that as COastguard are the 4th...!! the things u learn when u have a hubby who listens to five live on the way home! haha

Original Poster

sassie;5126338

so you dont leave some time off incase your needed by your family, very … so you dont leave some time off incase your needed by your family, very strange, what happens f your childs ill :w00t:

something called an urgent domestic and it has to go through to area managers and group managers to give the ok
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions