Pond advice please!

Found 20th May
Hi ukhd experts
Help a man in need, so need to save this pond its got a carpet layer under the pond liner and i think the liner can be salvaged has a few tiny holes, so can be repaired, how do a get the bricks around the edge fixed so the liner is held up and the bricks stay in place,
2942438-VV2DR.jpg anything else you can think off that may be useful

Cheers All
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I had several goes at ponds with liners, all lasting no more than a few years before the dreaded hole would develop and it would drain. I got a preformed liner and it never leaked again, it made my pond the feature of the garden and lasted a good 5 years until I sold the house and to my knowledge it’s still there 4 years on.

Try and find one of these to insert in there instead ponds4fish.co.uk/pro…er/
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 20th May
It could be more cost effective and reliable to buy a new liner and underlay hotukdeals.com/dea…492

Also what do you plan to out in your pond?, a wildlife pond can be far more rewarding and entertaining plus no need for filters or pumps or maintenance, the ponds will take care of itself, I have built 2 wildlife ponds in my front and back garden using the above liner, within months they have become home to many frogs and newts and at the moment are full of frog spawn, even the long emails are entertaining, if you did want to try a wildlife pond you would not want the raised brick sides as this will stop wildlife getting in and out of the pond. Here is one of my ponds.

33829432-YUNj7.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 20th May
SOUTHWALES12 m ago

It could be more cost effective and reliable to buy a new liner and …It could be more cost effective and reliable to buy a new liner and underlay https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-ply-pond-liner-with-free-underlay-from-10-delivered-for-2m-x-2m-pondliner-bargains-ebay-2942492Also what do you plan to out in your pond?, a wildlife pond can be far more rewarding and entertaining plus no need for filters or pumps or maintenance, the ponds will take care of itself, I have built 2 wildlife ponds in my front and back garden using the above liner, within months they have become home to many frogs and newts and at the moment are full of frog spawn, even the long emails are entertaining, if you did want to try a wildlife pond you would not want the raised brick sides as this will stop wildlife getting in and out of the pond. Here is one of my ponds.[Image]

When we moved into our last house in 2001 the bottom of the garden was very wet so we dug a wildlife pond. Frogs visited and lived there happily but we never had frogspawn until 2015 but it didn't hatch. I moved to my new house that year and rented the old one out and in 2016 the frogspawn developed into real life frogs. My tenants filled the pond in. I was gutted
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

When we moved into our last house in 2001 the bottom of the garden was …When we moved into our last house in 2001 the bottom of the garden was very wet so we dug a wildlife pond. Frogs visited and lived there happily but we never had frogspawn until 2015 but it didn't hatch. I moved to my new house that year and rented the old one out and in 2016 the frogspawn developed into real life frogs. My tenants filled the pond in. I was gutted

It does seem a shame, especially as we have concreted over so much land, that is why I think we should all do are bit and give some of are garden back for wildlife to use.
SOUTHWALES7 m ago

It does seem a shame, especially as we have concreted over so much land, …It does seem a shame, especially as we have concreted over so much land, that is why I think we should all do are bit and give some of are garden back for wildlife to use.

I know. I loved my frogs. The garden in my new house doesn't really lend itself to a wildlife pond so I have a half barrel in the front garden and a formal pond in the back which I've put some fish in.
Thank you all for the advice, i think i need to think a little bit more and do some research not as simple as i first thought
I don’t have a pond in my new house but found frogspawn in the middle of the lawn in two large clumps, scooped it up and put it in a bucket.
What's so great about frogs ?

I dug a fish pond in our back garden many years ago, it still has the original plastic liner I bought from bradshaws so who says they don't last, although I have got through several pumps. Within a year or so it was teaming with frogs, we get frogs hiding in almost ever long clump of grass so have to careful when strimming, and frequently see them hiding from the sun under bushes.

We put dozens out of a home and were having to avoid stepping on them, when we cleared a log pile that was the remains of a large tree we'd cut up after it blew down several months earlier.

And sometimes when it rains you see them hoping on the drive out front and halfway down the road.
Edited by: "melted" 21st May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants