Pontins Southport......any experiences? Any other ideas for a cheap uk break?

Found 7th Aug 2008
Just managed to get next week off and looking for a cheap week away for myself and my 2 kids (6 and 10) any ideas on where to go. Looked at pontins and southport looks cheap but reviews i've found are not so good. Anyone been?

Can't seem to find much for less than £500

Thanks......

1. Misc
  2. Pontins
18 Comments

if its not to far go to the prestatyn pontins alot better on site but rooms are not nice.how old are your kids?
have u looked at private renting a caravan at haven hafan y mor is great
where are u and i will have a look around

sorry seen age now

Original Poster

edjaned;2698481

if its not to far go to the prestatyn pontins alot better on site but … if its not to far go to the prestatyn pontins alot better on site but rooms are not nice.how old are your kids?have u looked at private renting a caravan at haven hafan y mor is greatwhere are u and i will have a look around

I'm in Birmingham but don't really care where we go.

Caravan is a good idea thanks ill have a look now.

this is under £500 and its lovely there but expensive

havenholidays.com/sw/…mer

also the standard appartments are very nice and roomy,helpful staff too

pool is massive with big slides etc

Original Poster

edjaned;2698537

this is under £500 and its lovely there but … this is under £500 and its lovely there but expensivehttp://www.havenholidays.com/sw/BAddons.do?extId=C0A829D00000011B9E73B4F300001675&r=consumeralso the standard appartments are very nice and roomy,helpful staff toopool is massive with big slides etc

link wont work for me:oops:

hang on a min

dont think it will show booking form have a look on here at hafan y mor (wales)
go for the cheepest appartment they are nice

havenholidays.com/

let me know if any good

forgot to ask what date are u looking to go and for how long?

u may be best phoning hafan y mor for a price they sometimes offer cheaper over the phone

:)we went to southport on the 4th july for the weekend drove 5 hours down to it on site we were in budget accom and it is budget, the swimming pool and park was good for the kids and the onsite food chip chop burger joint were reasonably priced we really just used it as a base went in to the town every day there is a tresure island in the town like a mini blackpool plesure beach

got free hol to pontins off here for past 2 yrs, first year we went to southport, this year we went to prestatyn. out of the both prestatyn is the nicest. we were in budget accom which is exactly the same at both places (could do with a bit of TLC but ok to live in for a week). the people in prestatyn are a bit more pleasant and less chavish (sorry if i offend anyone) than those at southport pontins. when we went for the first time it was just after having a hol in salou so our expectations were very low but our 2 children (now 3 1/2 & 1 1/2) both absolutely loved it much more than salou! think your children would love it as there are arcades, swimming baths, club on night time, activities thru day. hope this is helpful

Banned

I've been there..... but probably not gonna be much use to you because it was in 1975! But to be honest, I much preffered Butlins (far superior entertainment etc. back in the 70's). Maybe Pontins has changed over the years though. Have a great time anyway! :thumbsup:

caravans on butlins sites are privately owned and can be picked up for a bargain. Just google caravans butlins. Includes all the entertainment. We went in June to Minehead
Or try a cottage we use powells cottage holidays. Will defo get a good house for less than £500 for a week

lyndsbowes;2698844

got free hol to pontins off here for past 2 yrs, first year we went to … got free hol to pontins off here for past 2 yrs, first year we went to southport, this year we went to prestatyn. out of the both prestatyn is the nicest. we were in budget accom which is exactly the same at both places (could do with a bit of TLC but ok to live in for a week). the people in prestatyn are a bit more pleasant and less chavish (sorry if i offend anyone) than those at southport pontins. when we went for the first time it was just after having a hol in salou so our expectations were very low but our 2 children (now 3 1/2 & 1 1/2) both absolutely loved it much more than salou! think your children would love it as there are arcades, swimming baths, club on night time, activities thru day. hope this is helpful

did u go the 21st - 25th july?

Original Poster

Right then I think ill go for the southport one it's only £230 odd for 4 days!

Thanks peeps rep is on the way!

edjaned;2698998

did u go the 21st - 25th july?

no 30th june to 5th july

lyndsbowes;2699225

no 30th june to 5th july

thought someone called lynne went same time as me never mind

edjaned;2699255

thought someone called lynne went same time as me never mind

wasnt me im afraid plus my names lyndsey

lyndsbowes;2699225

no 30th june to 5th july