Pontins to take 500 Syrian refugees

Found 2nd Oct 2015
As if the Syrian migrants , sorry refugees sorry migrants, whatever they are hadn't had enough, close sources say 500 will be going to Pontins in Ainsdale Southport.
Out the frying pan.
otsnews.co.uk/wil…on/
Community Updates
30 Comments
Should bring the Pontins clientele up for a change, they'll soon be wanting to head off back to Syria after a week with some scummy British family in Southport
Edited by: "davegtt" 2nd Oct 2015
I doubt we will see an influx of refugees on Ainsdale beach trying to get into Pontins, maybe trying to get out.
However on a serious note if its as bad as it looks in Syria I suppose even Pontins is a step up for some.
Hi-de-Hi campers X)
https://40.media.tumblr.com/961f616fed23ea4b948dedb53e41317e/tumblr_mmwvchtG661s0tzf5o1_500.jpg
If they do arrive at Pontins and are still there next year, will the Southport Air show add to the experience?
In germany two people have already been served eviction notices by their council so their council homes can be given to migrants, the latest one is a 56 year old woman who has lived in the flat for 23 years in a small village, the mayor said blame the government they are all being told to take a few migrants and theres only 2 council homes in the village.

For once I am glad I am not german, its only going to get worse, I will be saying be greatful you dont live in germany, who would think that would be the case I wouldn't have 5 years, what a mess and I am sure its deliberate instigation.
After 23 years in a bloody council house I'd like to think if you are not in some way disabled, at the age of 33 being given a council home you should have got off your **** and earned yourself your own home by now. But hey, its ok, we need to look after our own (said the German).

Sorry, I'm not saying either is right but I have severe mixed feelings on all the issues haha
DarkEnergy2012

Hi-de-Hi campersX)

Ho-De-Ho X)
here is a good reply to the news link above from a Donna:

To all the 'do gooders' out there who havent got a clue because it has never happened to them...the help is not there for the homeless as you seem to think. Hostels are bursting at the seams to provide beds for the homeless. The agencies that 'are supposed' to sign post these people dont do their job properly. The homeless section in Sefton play god with homeless people's lives not supporting them properly...will use every trick in the book to not take responsibility for them and will try to make it look like the person has 'deliberately made themselves homeless' so as they have no where to live. Sefton is the worse Council for dealing with the homeless and is known for it amongst other councils. We need to help our own first before we help others...There is not a certain type of person becoming homeless these days...it can happen to anyone of us....LET US NOT FORGET WE CAN ALL BE 3 WAGE SLIPS FROM BECOMING HOMELESS OURSELVES...there go for the grace of god. WHEN and only WHEN we have helped our own should we help other countries. Bill Eccleston and those like him have a responsibility to get it right with our own people first and is ignoring the plight of the vulnerable around him who get lost in the system and go under radar overwhelmed at not been sign posted correctly and supported appropriately. They are having to deal with people who are MEANT to support them and do not have the capabilities and resources to do it properly. I must add when living in a Hostel money is taken from your benefits to pay for it and you do not get three meals a day...breakfast and evening meal only. You need to walk in a Homeless persons shoes to know how bad it is...you are ignored and dont feel part of society and can easily be forgotton in all areas of life. You lose your right to speak up, you feel you lose all human rights as a person and are treated with disrespect, no empathy and understanding from a lot of the powers that be..them being people who are 'supposed' to work to help them...the' dangerous' people who keep them where they are today..who prioritise other causes to feather their own caps. Amongst our Homeless are children and families, old and infirm...and our homeless soldiers who have fought for this country to keep us safe...who is keeping them safe now? Why has'nt Bill Ecclestan and the likes opened their homes to them?? Why could Pontins not be used as 'safe homes' for these now vulnerable people.....Its disgusting and very wrong...priorities our own first!!!
A weekend in Pontins & they'll be begging to go back to Syria
ChrisUK

A weekend in Pontins & they'll be begging to go back to Syria

It's a Cameron.masterstroke!
Shouldn't this deal be in Travel?
Use code: ASSAD for 100% off

davegtt

After 23 years in a bloody council house I'd like to think if you are not … After 23 years in a bloody council house I'd like to think if you are not in some way disabled, at the age of 33 being given a council home you should have got off your **** and earned yourself your own home by now. But hey, its ok, we need to look after our own (said the German). Sorry, I'm not saying either is right but I have severe mixed feelings on all the issues haha

WTF are you babbling about?

Do you know who the woman is to make any assumptions to her physical health or marital status? Are you suggesting councils shouldn't give single parents housing?

One thing is sure. Germans are being trodden on to assist economic migrants. I expect the right wing will start increasing in popularity and this time they might have genuine grievances.
DarkEnergy2012

the rumour is being denied by pretty much everyone involved.so a lucky … the rumour is being denied by pretty much everyone involved.so a lucky escape for the fugees

​Well we will see, rumours or not it can happen and most probably will. Might not be in Pontins but either way they are coming to your town soon.
caverncity

...they are coming to your town soon.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/attachments/6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-800wi-jpeg.9475/
caverncity

here is a good reply to the news link above from a Donna:To all the 'do … here is a good reply to the news link above from a Donna:To all the 'do gooders' out there who havent got a clue because it has never happened to them...the help is not there for the homeless as you seem to think. Hostels are bursting at the seams to provide beds for the homeless. The agencies that 'are supposed' to sign post these people dont do their job properly. The homeless section in Sefton play god with homeless people's lives not supporting them properly...will use every trick in the book to not take responsibility for them and will try to make it look like the person has 'deliberately made themselves homeless' so as they have no where to live. Sefton is the worse Council for dealing with the homeless and is known for it amongst other councils. We need to help our own first before we help others...There is not a certain type of person becoming homeless these days...it can happen to anyone of us....LET US NOT FORGET WE CAN ALL BE 3 WAGE SLIPS FROM BECOMING HOMELESS OURSELVES...there go for the grace of god. WHEN and only WHEN we have helped our own should we help other countries. Bill Eccleston and those like him have a responsibility to get it right with our own people first and is ignoring the plight of the vulnerable around him who get lost in the system and go under radar overwhelmed at not been sign posted correctly and supported appropriately. They are having to deal with people who are MEANT to support them and do not have the capabilities and resources to do it properly. I must add when living in a Hostel money is taken from your benefits to pay for it and you do not get three meals a day...breakfast and evening meal only. You need to walk in a Homeless persons shoes to know how bad it is...you are ignored and dont feel part of society and can easily be forgotton in all areas of life. You lose your right to speak up, you feel you lose all human rights as a person and are treated with disrespect, no empathy and understanding from a lot of the powers that be..them being people who are 'supposed' to work to help them...the' dangerous' people who keep them where they are today..who prioritise other causes to feather their own caps. Amongst our Homeless are children and families, old and infirm...and our homeless soldiers who have fought for this country to keep us safe...who is keeping them safe now? Why has'nt Bill Ecclestan and the likes opened their homes to them?? Why could Pontins not be used as 'safe homes' for these now vulnerable people.....Its disgusting and very wrong...priorities our own first!!!

thedailymash.co.uk/new…741
davegtt

After 23 years in a bloody council house I'd like to think if you are not … After 23 years in a bloody council house I'd like to think if you are not in some way disabled, at the age of 33 being given a council home you should have got off your **** and earned yourself your own home by now. But hey, its ok, we need to look after our own (said the German). Sorry, I'm not saying either is right but I have severe mixed feelings on all the issues haha

I dont know the status of the 56 year old but I do know the previous one works as a nurse, is that more to your approval? Has the nurse justified her existence enough by virtue of her job that you deem her worthy of the honour of a roof overhead and food on the table?. I am sure you wouldn't take kindly if it happened to you. You'd have to be a really stupid migrant to willingly live in a home that everyone in the local area knows was wrenched from the hands of a tennant to give to you, bet they won't be there long before they get moved on for there own protection.
upset brown pant

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/we-need-to-look-after-our-own-first-say-people-who-would-never-help-anyone-20150907101741

​Some people like to help, some don't and the rest prefer if others did it for them but as long as it doesn't interfere with their daily lives.
Error440

I dont know the status of the 56 year old but I do know the previous one … I dont know the status of the 56 year old but I do know the previous one works as a nurse, is that more to your approval? Has the nurse justified her existence enough by virtue of her job that you deem her worthy of the honour of a roof overhead and food on the table?. I am sure you wouldn't take kindly if it happened to you. You'd have to be a really stupid migrant to willingly live in a home that everyone in the local area knows was wrenched from the hands of a tennant to give to you, bet they won't be there long before they get moved on for there own protection.

I kinda think that someone that has left this
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/image/4872582-3x2-340x227.jpg

Is not going to be too bothered by this kind of thing
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/B12H2X/sipson-village-next-to-heathrow-airport-no-third-runway-protest-protesters-B12H2X.jpg
You think that, I think this

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/09/article-2023975-0D5C63F100000578-676_964x646.jpg
But at least they will have this to look forward to

http://www.travelstyletours.co.uk/images/title/pontins_big.png
365pizza

WTF are you babbling about?Do you know who the woman is to make any … WTF are you babbling about?Do you know who the woman is to make any assumptions to her physical health or marital status? Are you suggesting councils shouldn't give single parents housing? One thing is sure. Germans are being trodden on to assist economic migrants. I expect the right wing will start increasing in popularity and this time they might have genuine grievances.

Step away from the PC, you might hurt yourself jumping to conclusions. If you let the words you read sink in, you would see I am not "babbling"

I clearly stated I have issues with her being kicked out to welcome a refugee, but then I also have issues with people who ride on the system. Hence why I said, presuming she doesn't have any disabilities.

Error440

I dont know the status of the 56 year old but I do know the previous one … I dont know the status of the 56 year old but I do know the previous one works as a nurse, is that more to your approval? Has the nurse justified her existence enough by virtue of her job that you deem her worthy of the honour of a roof overhead and food on the table?. I am sure you wouldn't take kindly if it happened to you. You'd have to be a really stupid migrant to willingly live in a home that everyone in the local area knows was wrenched from the hands of a tennant to give to you, bet they won't be there long before they get moved on for there own protection.

I am not needing her to justify her existance to me, although I find it strange that someone who works as a nurse needs a council house for how many years again? No doubt she earns more than I but my taxes would be ok to keep her homed (presuming this is a UK case, which its not, but I am trying to put across my grievences with the system as a whole).

Everyone deserves help, everyone deserves to be homed in certain situations, but unless you have a life long disability etc that prevents you going out, working for a living and purchasing a house, nobody should be housed curtosy of the state for 33 years (unless its at HMS)
Edited by: "davegtt" 2nd Oct 2015
youtube.com/wat…aWM

Hell on earth.

I'd rather take my chances in Syria.

365pizza

WTF are you babbling about?Do you know who the woman is to make any … WTF are you babbling about?Do you know who the woman is to make any assumptions to her physical health or marital status? Are you suggesting councils shouldn't give single parents housing? One thing is sure. Germans are being trodden on to assist economic migrants. I expect the right wing will start increasing in popularity and this time they might have genuine grievances.

Error440

Yup. Babbling was the correct term.
365pizza

Error440

What planet, except earth do you actually live on. What brainwashed idea have you been brought up with that Council Houses are Free.

We have been in Private Rented accommodation for almost 13years, soon to have spent nearly £120000 in rental alone. How many times have we had to move Landlord failed to pay mortgage, Property being sold, House was needing lot of work, Rental Increases, we have moved 5 times in 8 years because Private Rental market is not what it was like. We don't have the money after paying rent to even think about being able to buy never mind save enough to even think of buying regardless of how much we earn between us.

Council Houses aren't free, they do have rent that requires paying on them. I for one would love to settle down in a Council House, happily pay Market Rent purely for the security that you will be able to settle and live life likes it meant to be and not have to think of the day when landlord issues you notice etc and you have to start all over again. My current landlords are very old, retired many moons ago and due to the change happening next year with regards expenses and costs they have already been round to say they are probably putting their properties on market and cashing out as too much hassle for the little amount they get.

Just because she lived in a council house for 30 odd years doesn't make her any different then anyone else.

2 of my friends were lucky enough to get council houses and security, they both work and earn money and pay rent each month. One even pays more than we do for our current property and they are renting from the Council.

I suppose you have a 50 foot tower in your garden, the one you built because you have a job and you bought your house so you can spit on those that walk past that don't own a home!!

idiot

365pizza

Error440

There's nothing wrong with living long term in a council property. When I signed my tenancy agreement there was no mention of it only being a temporary step until I bought my own home, which incidentally I am not in that position. I struggle to see how you could even think that. Don't judge people on there job, or guess their income. That's their business not yours.
charleaward81

What planet, except earth do you actually live on. What brainwashed idea … What planet, except earth do you actually live on. What brainwashed idea have you been brought up with that Council Houses are Free.We have been in Private Rented accommodation for almost 13years, soon to have spent nearly £120000 in rental alone. How many times have we had to move Landlord failed to pay mortgage, Property being sold, House was needing lot of work, Rental Increases, we have moved 5 times in 8 years because Private Rental market is not what it was like. We don't have the money after paying rent to even think about being able to buy never mind save enough to even think of buying regardless of how much we earn between us.Council Houses aren't free, they do have rent that requires paying on them. I for one would love to settle down in a Council House, happily pay Market Rent purely for the security that you will be able to settle and live life likes it meant to be and not have to think of the day when landlord issues you notice etc and you have to start all over again. My current landlords are very old, retired many moons ago and due to the change happening next year with regards expenses and costs they have already been round to say they are probably putting their properties on market and cashing out as too much hassle for the little amount they get.Just because she lived in a council house for 30 odd years doesn't make her any different then anyone else. 2 of my friends were lucky enough to get council houses and security, they both work and earn money and pay rent each month. One even pays more than we do for our current property and they are renting from the Council.I suppose you have a 50 foot tower in your garden, the one you built because you have a job and you bought your house so you can spit on those that walk past that don't own a home!!idiot

I don't know Germany but council housing isn't really secure anymore unfortunately, most councils have given the care of them over to HAs, tenancies have set numbes of years to them after which they do a review and if you are deemed to have too much money in savings or your household income is too high (perhaps because a adult child just got 1st job and is still living with parents because no housing benefit for the under 35s znd thry dont earn enough to rent), you get booted out into the private sector until your money is all gone so you have to go cap in hand back to council.

its not the nice homes for working families to get them out of the slums so they and their children are healthier, all thats gone replaced by the poor balancing act of trying to do well but not too well as you will be unfairly punished for having a amount that is chickenfeed in the private sector so you are in danger of being destitute, the dumping ground for the disabled and mentally ill so society can forget about them and the dumping ground for the unemployed so society can forget about them too.
365pizza

Didn't you know 365 it's hard to see the world properly from their Ivory Towers....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions